Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FSU QB Jameis Winston

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, December 04, 2013, 08:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 20, 2014, 01:24:49 am
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/19/6586075/jameis-winston-suspension-clemson

More details. Seems Winston's account of what happened may not have been the truth. Imagine that
So this guy is a rapist, a liar, a thief, and a Heisman Trophy winner. Got it.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 20, 2014, 12:04:07 pm
So this guy is a rapist, a liar, a thief, and a Heisman Trophy winner. Got it.

He is from the state you live in.... from Hueytown, Alabama

Hogimus Prime

The outside pressure that schools like FSU and the NFL are experiencing is happening cause of their lack of punishment.  The years of sweeping stuff under the rug are gone with the 24 hour news cycle and social media and IMO that is a goodthing. 

If the NCAA had and balls or leadership then they would have rules in place where the players like Winston, would be suspended automatically and it would be out of the school and more importantly the coaches hands, because of coaches like Jimbo Fisher, Les Miles, Bob Stoops, and Gus. Playing football or any sport is not a right its a privilege.

Hoggish1

Good.  FSU has not been playing as it was projected with him in there. 

This may be a good thing for FSU with the team focusing better in his absence. I hope McQuire lights it up and JW never gets back on the field...!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: secfan30 on September 19, 2014, 10:21:41 pm
Something going on behind the scene for this to happen.
"Something going on behind"
Jameis, is that you?

Mike_e

Econ 101.

Don't tick off your customer base.

Works the same way in the NFL.

So far the kid hasn't shown he can be trusted with large sums of money (much less trusted to maintain the image of whicher company/team pays him).

FSU has a responsibility to all of it's students and if they let this kid completely run amuk there will literally be hell to pay. And legal fees.  And awards from the jury to who knows how many injured parties.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Kevin

I wish we could pressure politicians like we can pro teams & colleges for bad behavior. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhog1

https://twitter.com/EmoryParker
Found this on the secrant any one else see it. Former Noles beat writer Emory Parker says Winston wont play another down for Florida State due to something else that is coming.

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: rhog1 on September 20, 2014, 01:12:47 pm
Found this on the secrant any one else see it. Former Noles beat writer Emory Parker says Winston wont play another down for Florida State due to something else that is coming.

Gus just spotted heading south on US-431.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pigstie on September 19, 2014, 11:03:03 pm
No, but probably the culmination of the rape investigation,  stolen soda, stolen crab legs, shooting out windows with bb guns and yelling obscenities on a table. This kid is a walking tire fire. Zero judgment.
Bingo. He's not going to realize his potential with this behavior. He's been given the world on a platter yet his actions are as if he is still living in a ghetto. You can take the boy out of the hood, but not the hood out of the boy in some instances. This appears to be one of those. No respect for women. Sad and sick.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GatorHog

Quote from: rhog1 on September 20, 2014, 01:12:47 pm

Hmm! When can we expect this to break...

intelligence

Quote from: jneal56 on September 20, 2014, 09:04:37 am
You've got to be kidding me. It's not a medicine, it's a weed. For those like you that say it's harmless because it's naturally occuring, just go ahead and eat every mushroom and berry you can find. Go ahead. They're good for you because they grow from the Earth. Call it like it is and just admit you enjoy getting high. Don't say it's good for you. Hell medicine is not good for you alot of times. Shaking my head at ignorance.
Amen. I smoked marijuana for 10 years. It's very bad for your heart, brain and lungs. The act of smoking marijuana causes a sudden constriction of the blood vessels in the heart and it can be deadly

sowmonella

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on September 20, 2014, 01:17:34 pm
Gus just spotted heading south on US-431.

He's got some people helpin to do.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hog N Bama

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 20, 2014, 08:13:06 am
Exact thing happened with one of my Airmen and a DUI.  Got pulled over and reported it to our commander with very positive "facts" and received a light/medium punishment.  Police findings came in a month later and within a month he was out of the Air Force with a "Less than honorable" discharge.

And the police are always right and never lie, cheat or steal - especially in today's ever changing, evolving police state.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Laughing Hog on September 20, 2014, 03:22:29 pm
And the police are always right and never lie, cheat or steal - especially in today's ever changing, evolving police state.
Not sure what your point is here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Arazorbackguy1

He's an idiot.  Sorry Chief, you are going to have to forfeit that NC banner before too long after we find out he was paid to play.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

rhog1

http://deadspin.com/suspended-jameis-winston-tries-to-dress-for-clemson-gam-1637269521
Winston tried to dress out and warm up. Fisher had to send him back to the locker room to remove his uniform.

hog.goblin

Quote from: rhog1 on September 20, 2014, 07:51:14 pm
http://deadspin.com/suspended-jameis-winston-tries-to-dress-for-clemson-gam-1637269521
Winston tried to dress out and warm up. Fisher had to send him back to the locker room to remove his uniform.

I would suspend him another game for that.  He needs discipline and he needs it fast.  He's costing himself millions of NFL money.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  4m

That would be incredible. RT @JuryReporter: Jamies sat out an entire game. He should play the OT.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Teddy Mitrosilis @TMitrosilis  ·  4h

The look on Jimbo Fisher's face when he sees Jameis Winston in full uniform ... https://vine.co/v/O7B00X5Ozqm

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  4h

Why was Jameis Winston's gear in his locker any way?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RazorChuck

There is absolutely no justice, FSU in no way deserves to win.

Chief_Osceola

EAT IT HATERS.

Disclaimer: I posted this on Fearless Friday, and I'm gonna post it here. Feel free to bump this to ridicule me without mercy should we lose this year.

jbcarol

Bill Plaschke @BillPlaschke  ·  14h

I almost cried seeing Jameis Winston bravely celebrating with victorious teammates...no, really, so nauseous I wanted to weep

NoNC4Tubs

root_hawg

Anyone think the new "NFL" will have room for this dumb %$#

secfan30

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on September 20, 2014, 11:07:20 pm
EAT IT HATERS.

Disclaimer: I posted this on Fearless Friday, and I'm gonna post it here. Feel free to bump this to ridicule me without mercy should we lose this year.

Always enjoyed watching fsu. Never a fan but still remember Sanders playing there.

What I hate is rapist that get away with their crimes because they are "stars".

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on September 20, 2014, 11:07:20 pm
EAT IT HATERS.

Nice
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhog1 on September 20, 2014, 07:51:14 pm

At least now Jameis knows what it feels like to have someone force him to take his clothes off when he doesn't want to.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2014, 04:54:47 pm
At least now Jameis knows what it feels like to have someone force him to take his clothes off when he doesn't want to.

Pretty sure he did so willingly. Then again I haven't seen the tox report yet.

root_hawg

Can't believe Clemson blew that game

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on September 21, 2014, 09:15:24 pm
Pretty sure he did so willingly. Then again I haven't seen the tox report yet.

Outstanding
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

NoNC4Tubs

1) The dude is suspended for the game.
2) He dresses out AND warms up like he is going to play.
3) The expression on Jimbo's face is like "Unbeleievable! This kid jus doesn't get it!"
4) Obviously, Jameis didn't really believe he was being suspended for such an important game. The kid thinks he is above and beyond the rules.

I'll bet Jimbo can't wait until this kid moves on.

My guess is that he'll eventually get booted and wind up playing at auburn.......  8)

NoNC4Tubs

September 22, 2014, 07:15:05 am #735 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:50:10 am by jbcarol
Wow! He definitely has a history in Tallahassee.......... 8)

Link

Long URL edit

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: root_hawg on September 21, 2014, 09:43:29 pm
Can't believe Clemson blew that game

Seen that before.  Stoernover.  Scoop and fall down.  Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.   >:(  It was like watching Vanderbilt.  Just when they are on the verge of doing something good, they do something bad and blow it. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jbcarol

Winston case could be sign of things to come for NFL

Florida State has launched an internal investigation into the alleged sexual assault, and it intends to interview Winston.  His lawyer, David Cornwell, has sent to Florida State a 13-page, single-spaced letter outlining flaws in the investigation, concerns about its fairness, and claims of extortion against the alleged victim.

QuoteThe letter, a copy of which PFT has obtained, explains that the alleged victim's lawyer met with Cornwell in February 2014 and demanded $7 million to settle her potential claims.  "If we settle," lawyer Patricia Carroll allegedly said to Cornwell, "you will never hear from my client or me again — in the press or anywhere."

While indeed labeled as extortion by Cornwell, it's common for potential plaintiffs in civil lawsuits to demand cash in exchange for a waiver of potential legal claims and silence.  Typically, the first number requested is ridiculously high.  The defendant often responds with a number that is ridiculously low, and the two sides chip away at the divide until a deal is either reached, or not.

With no settlement reached, Winston's accuser continues to push the case against him, with a civil lawsuit apparently inevitable.

The situation has relevance to the NFL for two reasons.  First, Winston likely will be carrying this specific item of baggage with him to the NFL draft in 2015 or 2016.  (It's hard to imagine him hanging around Tallahassee for another year in light of recent events.)  Second, NFL players will be facing similar efforts to extort, pry, or otherwise squeeze money out of them, in light of the league's new focus on domestic violence and sexual assault.

Suddenly, the victims of actual, perceived, exaggerated, and/or fabricated incidents of domestic violence have unprecedented power over the NFL players who allegedly engaged in misconduct.  Faced with potentially lengthy suspensions with pay before trial and potentially lengthy suspensions without pay after the case ends, NFL players will have a strong incentive to write a check early, and to make it all go away...

jbcarol

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo  ·  18h

ESPN NFL insider @mortreport, Chris Mortensen: You have to ask - Why did the NFL fail in the Rice situation? I think the answer is the NFL failed because it's lazy and complacent.

Mort: There's a feeling that Adrian Peterson's career in Minnesota is over. Time does change things, though.

Mort: The current climate in the NFL hasn't helped Jameis Winston's stock, and he hasn't helped himself.

hogsanity

Quote from: jbcarol on September 24, 2014, 09:51:13 am
Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo  ·  18h

ESPN NFL insider @mortreport, Chris Mortensen: You have to ask - Why did the NFL fail in the Rice situation? I think the answer is the NFL failed because it's lazy and complacent.

Mort: There's a feeling that Adrian Peterson's career in Minnesota is over. Time does change things, though.

Mort: The current climate in the NFL hasn't helped Jameis Winston's stock, and he hasn't helped himself.

another strike against Winston in the nfl eys is the busts of Qb's like him. Manuel in Buffalo, Geno Smith in NY, RGIII ( not all of his issues are injury related ), and some before those 3. Dual threat Qb's in the NFL do alright IF their 1st threat is to pass.  Many guys like Winston, when they get to the NFL, if their 1st and maybe 2nd options are not open, they just take off.   Leads to bad plays, turnovers and injuries.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

Florida State denies 'institutional conspiracy to protect' Jameis Winston in sexual assault case | http://ow.ly/CzffV

Albert Einswine

I can't envision any scenario in which they'd ever admit it...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 10, 2014, 12:42:44 pm
I can't envision any scenario in which they'd ever admit it...

Even with the Feds on campus investigating the Title IX complaint breathing down FSU's neck?  The same Feds who would have zero vested interest in FSU or its football program?  The actual open letter is a very accurate timeline of events and the accuser's attorney's real actions, which run completely contrary to everything she's been releasing to the press.  I seriously doubt that FSU would say something untrue or inaccurate without having proof of said timeline, especially with aformentioned Feds being right there.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2014, 11:44:53 am
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

Florida State denies 'institutional conspiracy to protect' Jameis Winston in sexual assault case | http://ow.ly/CzffV

Lol.  Wonder what would be happening if the accused was a 4th string walk on ??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 10, 2014, 03:07:55 pm
Lol.  Wonder what would be happening if the accused was a 4th string walk on ??

He would be a year into his prison sentence....... 8)

ballz2thewall

lots of chatter about jameis winston being liked in public auctions to the same dealer linked to gurley.

google it; you'll find it.

the national championship game might take a different turn, indeed, if this pans out like it seems it may.

just realized the wrong forum.

mods, transfer or delete.

my apologies.
The rest of the frog.

jmb1973

I wish Winston would get drafted and Ray Lewis would come out of retirement for one game just to repeatedly crush his soul.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Cecil Hurt @CecilHurt  ·  1 hour ago
If allegations that FSU covered up a rape are true, what does the NCAA do with the Sandusky/PSU precedent?