Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some personal advice for Coach Bielema

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 24, 2017, 10:11:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 08:30:12 am
You don't get to assign motives to other people.

I can take my best guess that a guy who had repeatedly posted about wanting to fire the coach and called he and Long carpetbaggers isn't that concerned about his health.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 27, 2017, 08:32:09 am
None of it is his fault, but as is par for the course for this guy.  He makes it harder on himself to defend due to another instance where he wasn't able to just keep his mouth shut.  That was the only point I was trying to make.  You were alluding to people in here having no class when they are doing the exact same thing the guy you are defending did just a couple of weeks ago.

He didn't do the same thing, but please continue explaining how attacking someone on the basis of their health is acceptable.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:40:02 am
Some of you people are so blinded by your dislike for the guy that you can convince yourself that talking darn about his health on message boards shows anything but your willingness to attack him from any angle. Let him handle his personal life and criticize his work in the football program.

Nobody wishes illness on him or his family. You're reading way too much into this.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 27, 2017, 08:43:25 am
Nobody wishes illness on him or his family. You're reading way too much into this.

Never said they did, Bama fan.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:41:05 am
I can take my best guess that a guy who had repeatedly posted about wanting to fire the coach and called he and Long carpetbaggers isn't that concerned about his health.

Oh, he is probably just a better person than you and able to separate his feelings about a coaching situation from personal feelings of ill will.  Not all of us are such bad people as to wish ill health on someone just because we don't like them at their jobs.  I'm sorry that you are that way.

SemperHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:42:37 am
He didn't do the same thing, but please continue explaining how attacking someone on the basis of their health is acceptable.
So he didn't come out in a presser after the TCU game and use his concerns for a bunch of fan's health as a reason for being more positive about watching his football team play?  I dreamt that up and that was someone else who just looked like him?

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:41:33 am
100% haven't.
Anyone who sticks their head in the politics forum from time to time knows better. I can bring up specifics if you would like but that seems childish.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 08:46:32 am
Anyone who sticks their head in the politics forum from time to time knows better. I can bring up specifics if you would like but that seems childish.

Whatever you feel like you need to do.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 27, 2017, 08:37:25 am
He shouldn't have time to be doing this.

I'm sure it's easy to do during the season.  Working long hours and stress.  It's kinda a feed forward thing.  Your unhealthy and tired so you eat to feel better, more unhealthy,  more tired, eat more.  If you don't stop the cycle you can blow up quickly.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hoggie17

Quote from: 1highhog on September 27, 2017, 08:23:04 am
Yep, I went to the one here at Baptist a few seconds years ago over concerns of my wife for my not sleeping, turned out I didn't have sleep apnea I just don't as much as most people.  I may have got into the habit of that as a child from my Dad who is the same way and so are my brothers, go to sleep around 1:30 or 2 and wake up at 4.
Sleep Apnea is a serious disorder that can lead to several other health issues and is usually caused by the soft tissues blocking the opening of the respiratory track which affects the ability to breath, this can happen several times a night.  This results in the change of your blood gases  with a rise in the levels Carbon Dioxide and a fall in Oxygen.  You are in bed a normal 8 hours unaware.

Some of you in this post are confusing insomnia with sleep apnea, they are not the same.   

Poker_hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:46:56 am
Whatever you feel like you need to do.

C'mon. You post daily stuff about trump that is way worse than this thread.  Stop the hypocrisy.

hogcard1964

PorkRinds

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 27, 2017, 08:46:32 am
So he didn't come out in a presser after the TCU game and use his concerns for a bunch of fan's health as a reason for being more positive about watching his football team play?  I dreamt that up and that was someone else who just looked like him?

IIRC he was asked a specific question about fan reactions. It's not like he dreamed it up and brought it up himslef. It was his attempt  at a joke.  But if you think that's comparable to multiple threads talking about how fat he is, how much he eats, saying he is an alcoholic, has sleep apnea, and will die young, I guess you can think that.

hawgon

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 08:47:52 am
Sleep Apnea is a serious disorder that can lead to several other health issues and is usually caused by the soft tissues blocking the opening of the respiratory track which affects the ability to breath, this can happen several times a night.  This results in the change of your blood gases  with a rise in the levels Carbon Dioxide and a fall in Oxygen.  You are in bed a normal 8 hours unaware.

Some you in this post are confusing insomnia with sleep apnea, they are not the same.   

The easiest way to lesson the symptoms of sleep apnea is to lose weight.  Some apnea is entirely caused by weight.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 27, 2017, 08:48:29 am
C'mon. You post daily stuff about trump that is way worse than this thread.  Stop the hypocrisy.

False.

Carkohn99

I think what the original poster was trying to convey is that no matter what profession you are in, your outward appearance and the way your carry yourself matters.  Right or wrong it is the truth.  If a person, or coach in this matter, is preaching about personal accountability, discipline on the field and off, it losses its effectiveness if the person preaching isn't practicing what he preaches.  Leaders lead by example.  One wouldn't feel confident going to a gym for weight loss, and having a trainer that outweighs them give them advice.  I don't think it is an attack on Coach B, just human psychology.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 08:49:31 am
The easiest way to lesson the symptoms of sleep apnea is to lose weight.  Some apnea is entirely caused by weight.

Sleep apnea is serious.  My best friend has it and he's been instructed to diet NOW!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:49:33 am
False.
Well, you do refer to Melania Trump as a an actual whore. Referring to the First Lady as a whore...that's pretty low.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgon

And if losing weight is too much trouble, spend some of those millions and get some actual bespoke clothing.  It would do wonders for his appearance.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 08:59:15 am
Well, you do refer to Melania Trump as a an actual whore. Referring to the First Lady as a whore...that's pretty low.

He's also called on elected officials to be shot.  The kid's a whack job.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 08:59:15 am

I mean, she did sleep with a married man, so...

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 27, 2017, 09:03:42 am
He's also called on elected officials to be shot.  The kid's a whack job.

No I haven't, self admitted racist bama fan.

lasthog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 10:11:07 am
I do not know how much weight he has gained in his 4+ years at Arkansas but from seeing photos of him when he was hired, I'll guess he has gained 50 to 75 lbs.

After seeing him in that horrendous sweatshirt yesterday, I want to make a suggestion to help him in all facets of his life and both mentally and physically.

His gross income is roughly $4 million a year. After federal and state taxes, his take home is something between $2 and $2.5 million. He could take $100K of that take home income which is less than 5% of after tax income and hire a full time chef/nutritionist to prepare all meals 365 days a year for him. He could also get on a mandatory 60 min per day exercise regimen. No big deal even with demands on his time. If he did these two things, I bet he would lose 150 lbs in a year and be happier and more productive in every way.

Not making light of his weight. It's a serious problem for him, his wife and his new child.

Great advice, and I believe you are sincere and not hiding criticism behind supposed concern for BB's health.

He is in good company though. Over 30% of Arkansans are obese. Of these, approximately one in five are morbidly obese.

This is a health crisis of major proportions in tha whole country.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 09:08:04 am
No I haven't, self admitted racist bama fan.

Should this be an insult?  Because it's really not.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 27, 2017, 09:11:26 am
Should this be an insult?  Because it's really not.

Oh I'm aware. You wave that flag pretty high. It wasn't an insult, just an accurate descriptor.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 08:06:38 am
Everybody has a high pressure job.
You have a million people calling for you to be fired based on the 12 performance a year, mostly by teenagers? 

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 09:11:59 am
Oh I'm aware. You wave that flag pretty high. It wasn't an insult, just an accurate descriptor.

Very high!

hawgon

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 27, 2017, 09:13:21 am
You have a million people calling for you to be fired based on the 12 performance a year, mostly by teenagers?

And he gets paid proportionally.  If he gets fired tomorrow, he has enough money that his grandchildren will be well off.  That is actually ZERO pressure.  Many Americans are a paycheck away from the bread line.  And even most professionals must keep working for the span of their working careers in order to maintain their standard of living.   Compared to the average small business owner he has NO PRESSURE.

Spare me.  I understand it is stressful, but stress is there for everyone.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 10:11:07 am
I do not know how much weight he has gained in his 4+ years at Arkansas but from seeing photos of him when he was hired, I'll guess he has gained 50 to 75 lbs.

After seeing him in that horrendous sweatshirt yesterday, I want to make a suggestion to help him in all facets of his life and both mentally and physically.

His gross income is roughly $4 million a year. After federal and state taxes, his take home is something between $2 and $2.5 million. He could take $100K of that take home income which is less than 5% of after tax income and hire a full time chef/nutritionist to prepare all meals 365 days a year for him. He could also get on a mandatory 60 min per day exercise regimen. No big deal even with demands on his time. If he did these two things, I bet he would lose 150 lbs in a year and be happier and more productive in every way.

Not making light of his weight. It's a serious problem for him, his wife and his new child.

I'm sure personal advice from you is highly coveted.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 09:18:00 am
And he gets paid proportionally.  If he gets fired tomorrow, he has enough money that his grandchildren will be well off.  That is actually ZERO pressure.  Many Americans are a paycheck away from the bread line.  And even most professionals must keep working for the span of their working careers in order to maintain their standard of living.   Compared to the average small business owner he has NO PRESSURE.

There is no credit at all to be given to CBB in your book.  Amazing how blinding hatred can be. 

We arnt comparing his job to being starving and homeless, that wasn't what you originally said.  But do your best to keep that target moving.

High pressure jobs get paid to do their jobs, which was also not an argument. Doctors have high pressure jobs and they get paid for it, but a screw up could cost them big time. 

hawgon

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 27, 2017, 09:33:18 am
There is no credit at all to be given to CBB in your book.  Amazing how blinding hatred can be. 

We arnt comparing his job to being starving and homeless, that wasn't what you originally said.  But do your best to keep that target moving.

High pressure jobs get paid to do their jobs, which was also not an argument. Doctors have high pressure jobs and they get paid for it, but a screw up could cost them big time.

Of course, but unlike even most doctors, his is entirely self applied.  He can walk away from it tormorrow and suffer no ill effects whatsoever.  He has at the age of 47 reached the top of the mountain and can walk away forever if he wants.

gchamblee

1. Has a hot young wife and new family
2. Multimillionaire
3. Celebrity status
4. Head Coach of multiple D1 P5 college football teams
5. Needs personal advice from some dude on a message board lol

lasthog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 09:18:00 am

High -Five on the pressures a business owner faces.

One thing I will disagree with you on is the "no-pressure" statement regarding BB. Fear of failure is a driving force for many successful people, and the prospect of failing in an ultra-high profile profession, financial security notwithstanding, would be extremely stressful.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 09:36:10 am
Of course, but unlike even most doctors, his is entirely self applied.  He can walk away from it tormorrow and suffer no ill effects whatsoever.  He has at the age of 47 reached the top of the mountain and can walk away forever if he wants.

Moneywise he'll be fine, but there's more to life or even a job than money.

hawgon

Quote from: lasthog on September 27, 2017, 09:39:50 am
High -Five on the pressures a business owner faces.

One thing I will disagree with you on is the "no-pressure" statement regarding BB. Fear of failure is a driving force for many successful people, and the prospect of failing in an ultra-high profile profession, financial security notwithstanding, would be extremely stressful.

Well, I get that but, he is going to reach the point of saying "screw it", I don't need this.  And all that pressure will melt away instantly.

You don't have that option as the average small business owner or professional.

Poker_hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 09:36:44 am
1. Has a hot young wife and new family
2. Multimillionaire
3. Celebrity status
4. Head Coach of multiple D1 P5 college football teams
5. Needs personal advice from some dude on a message board lol

Maybe, maybe not.  People that have achieved 1-3 kill themselves every year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Funny thing, the other day when Alvarez spoke at the TD Club I guess there were pictures online of BB when he was an assistant, then HC at Wisconsin then when first hired here.  I didn't see them but my wife did and said something to me.  She didn't realize how much weight he had gained since he arrived here.  Kidding yourself if you think weight does not affect performance in a job.  Can an obese coach succeed? Of course, Can a fit coach fail?  Absolutely, but in almost any job you are not performing at your peak level when carrying around 50, 100, 150, or 200 lbs of excess weight.

Much of sports is psychological.  You as a coach my leader don't care about your weight, why should I?  Well it's do as I say not as I do.  That's all well and good but it still sends a message.  It's not overt but it's there.  The best leaders lead by example.  The gray sweatshirt was a sloppy look.  Unless you are Bill Belichek have some pride in your appearance.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

gchamblee

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 27, 2017, 09:43:08 am
Maybe, maybe not.  People that have achieved 1-3 kill themselves every year.

Just goes to show you that 1-3 are not limited to mentally healthy people.

YourMom

Quote from: Carkohn99 on September 27, 2017, 08:54:37 am
I think what the original poster was trying to convey is that no matter what profession you are in, your outward appearance and the way your carry yourself matters.  Right or wrong it is the truth.  If a person, or coach in this matter, is preaching about personal accountability, discipline on the field and off, it losses its effectiveness if the person preaching isn't practicing what he preaches.  Leaders lead by example.  One wouldn't feel confident going to a gym for weight loss, and having a trainer that outweighs them give them advice.  I don't think it is an attack on Coach B, just human psychology.

Nailed it.

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 09:11:59 am

I'm new here and you're really annoying already.

hogcard1964

Quote from: YourMom on September 27, 2017, 09:53:10 am
Nailed it.

Welcome aboard and stick around. He gets better.   ;)

jgphillips3

I think a lot of people are sick of CBB's shtick.  I don't know very many, if any, who hope he dies.  It's fair to question whether a man who is undisciplined can command discipline from others.  It's also not disengenous to hope he lives a long, full life in some other place than as head coach here.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 27, 2017, 10:00:49 am
I think a lot of people are sick of CBB's shtick.  I don't know very many, if any, who hope he dies.  It's fair to question whether a man who is undisciplined can command discipline from others.  It's also not disengenous to hope he lives a long, full life in some other place than as head coach here.

+1000

Everyone wishes him well

...someplace else.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 09:36:10 am
Doctors can do the exact same.  Walk away and go work in a different state and start over.  CBP did that from Atlanta to Arkansas.

Again, your hatred is blinding you.  Coaching has as much pressure as anything.  No matter which level you are coaching, there are people in the stands that think and verbalize that they can do your job better than you.  Every week.  Your success is built mostly around teenagers. 

Everyone understands that small business owners feel pressures too.  Your moving target is now comparing college coaching to anything you can attach pressure to. 

hawgon

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 27, 2017, 11:10:52 am
Doctors can do the exact same.  Walk away and go work in a different state and start over.  CBP did that from Atlanta to Arkansas.

Again, your hatred is blinding you.  Coaching has as much pressure as anything.  No matter which level you are coaching, there are people in the stands that think and verbalize that they can do your job better than you.  Every week.  Your success is built mostly around teenagers. 

Everyone understands that small business owners feel pressures too.  Your moving target is now comparing college coaching to anything you can attach pressure to.

I'm saying he has an easy job.  It's a game.  It matters not at all.  He gets paid millions for it.  Some of you act like he is commanding the invasion of Normandy.

Razorbackers

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 08:49:31 am

I'm not sure that's true.  But you are?

PorkRinds

Quote from: YourMom on September 27, 2017, 09:53:10 am
Nailed it.

Hey newb, first things first. Welcome. Second thing, I don't care what you think.

YourMom

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 11:51:23 am
Hey newb, first things first. Welcome. Second thing, I don't care what you think.

Thank you.  Like most Liberals, perhaps you should. Good day!