Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sosa

Started by Bacons Rebellion, June 11, 2016, 07:41:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacons Rebellion

Sosa means hitting 66 home runs and having to realize you came in second.

sickboy

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on June 11, 2016, 07:41:06 am

LZH

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 27, 2016, 08:42:48 pm
Hahaha I know about chief keef and how he is or knows somebody called Sosa

...after the Sosa character in "Scarface".

ChitownHawg

Quote from: sickboy on June 11, 2016, 03:11:47 pm

That Sosa on the juice and corked bat still couldn't be #1. Makes you wonder what McGuire was doing besides the juice?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

BornaHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 12, 2016, 10:23:16 am
That Sosa on the juice and corked bat still couldn't be #1. Makes you wonder what McGuire was doing besides the juice?  ;D

Wasn't McGuire a monster physically in college long before he started taking HGH? Seems like I remember him hitting something like 50 HRs in college one year? My memory might be wrong and it might have been his rookie year in the pros though.  Oh well I just wish he had played for the hogs back then!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

MuskogeeHogFan

I sat in Wrigley Field and saw Sosa hit two out in one game. One entirely against the wind and both to opposite fields. First time to Wrigley, a historic MLB venue, which I really enjoyed, and had a great time seeing him hit two out in one game, PED's or not. Loved it.
Go Hogs Go!

The Kig

Quote from: threeNout on April 25, 2016, 12:42:59 pm

fullback?

Fullback... according to the article, he was averaging more than 10 yds/carry.  In the words of the "wise" Keyshawn Johnson... just give him the $%# ball
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 12, 2016, 10:23:16 am

I saw McGuire a few years after baseball and after the juice... didn't look like the same guy.
Poker Porker

KlubhouseKonnected

And appearing before a congressional committee only to find out you have suddenly forgotten how to speak English...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 13, 2016, 05:57:46 pm
That doesn't even look like Sosa to me.

That's kind of what I thought. It almost looks like Michael Jordan's head Photoshopped onto someone's (maybe Sosa's) body.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

sowmonella

That ain't Sammy.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on June 13, 2016, 06:19:18 pm
That ain't Sammy.

Say it ain't So.....................sa

Bacon_Bitz

Fourth worst thread ever.  Welcome to the Hill McTelvin.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: sowmonella on June 13, 2016, 06:19:18 pm
That ain't Sammy.
Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on June 13, 2016, 05:59:51 pm
That's kind of what I thought. It almost looks like Michael Jordan's head Photoshopped onto someone's (maybe Sosa's) body.
Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 13, 2016, 05:57:46 pm
That doesn't even look like Sosa to me. 

Not sure if serious.

If you are though, it's become the trendy thing on social media to put the loser of... anything... with michael jordan's crying face on their body.

It's a joke.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

hogcard1964

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 26, 2016, 05:37:54 am

Any of the following:

SOSA:   Strength Of Support Assessment
SOSA:   Smoking On Something Amazing
SOSA:   Spin Off Sub-Account
SOSA:   Southern Online Scholarship Application

I guess you can pick the one you like.

Also a roided up, bat corking outfielder for the Cubs that beat his wife with a rum bottle. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: BornaHog on June 12, 2016, 12:06:27 pm
   Wasn't McGuire a monster physically in college long before he started taking HGH? Seems like I remember him hitting something like 50 HRs in college one year? My memory might be wrong and it might have been his rookie year in the pros though.  Oh well I just wish he had played for the hogs back then!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG

His first full year with the A's he had the big frame but hadn't filled out yet.  He still had big forearms though.  Cranked out 49 HRs, which in '87 was impressive.  First guy to 40-45 usually led the league.

pigture perfect

I'm against players using, but I have to admit '98 was a fun season seeing the chase for 70. Brought back a lot of fun to baseball.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 05, 2016, 01:33:52 pm
I'm against players using, but I have to admit '98 was a fun season seeing the chase for 70. Brought back a lot of fun to baseball.

One of my favorite seasons. Funny thing is that everyone knew what was going on then, they just acted like they didn't. If that season were to happen nowadays there would be an uproar. Funny how time changes things and perspectives.

popcornhog

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on June 13, 2016, 05:59:51 pm

Have you been living under a rock?!
WPS

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Ray Piggers on June 13, 2016, 07:50:40 pm
Not sure if serious.

If you are though, it's become the trendy thing on social media to put the loser of... anything... with michael jordan's crying face on their body.

It's a joke.

Well I dont do much social media so you got me on this one.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.