Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

External Hard Drive

Started by hawgwilde, May 01, 2015, 04:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwilde

Okay, I've got a 1TB external hard drive. I'm wanting to essentially transfer everything on my laptop to it as a "backup" drive, but that could be accessed from my other laptops by connecting via USB cable.

I thought I had backed up this drive. When I look at the folder, it looks like my material is there, but when I click on the folders, nothing shows up.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPP!!!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Hogs run wild

If you are using copy and paste, make sure you copy the actual folder and not the shortcut to the folder.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

RebelliousHog

Did you get it figured out? I opened the ExtHD  window, clicked and dragged the folders to the HD drive. Some folders that may be large (like music mp3s, may take some time).
That worked best for me.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hawgwilde

Thanks, I'll try that. There is a feature that allows me to select full backup, so I did that. But, when I look at the folders on there, I only see part of my stuff.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!