Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 11:16:27 am

curved screen tv

Started by Chestodrawers, December 25, 2014, 05:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestodrawers

Anybody know anything about them? Noticeable difference? Worth the extra money?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Been wondering this myself. They look pretty cool, but are they worth it? Anyone who has one want to give some advice to two guys so are apparently in the market?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Chestodrawers

I'm gonna get something new after the first of the year. I've got a great picture on the Panasonic I have but I get green screened when I'm flipping channels. Have to turn it off and back on to get rid of it. Really a pain on Saturday while watching 2 or 3 games at the same time. Anyone ever had that problem? I thought it was my DVR I got from my cable company, but they gave me a new one and it still does it and is getting worse. So I guess its the TV.

Hogfaniam

They really shine if you sit close to the set.  The further away, the less the benefit.  Basically, double the diagonal width.  5 ft wide, sit within 10 ft. 

They do help elimate annoying background glare. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"