Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it too late to change my profile name?

Started by Justagp, August 15, 2014, 06:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justagp

I knew I could change till a certain date in August, but unfortunately I got busy and forgot.

twistitup

What does yours stand for?

Just a gangsters paradise?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Justagp

Hilarious! I wish I were that creative, but it's just a girl pig  :)

Doug

Yes, the date was August 3rd. No name changes until after Basketball Season itself is done.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Justagp

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Come on Douglas, you could pm her and no one would ever know you changed it.   ;D

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Doug

Let me expand on this a little bit more (Someone just asked me today about a name change).

During CFB and Basketball season, there's a few features running on Hogville that may go kablooey on username changes, so we disallow name changes during this cycle. This typically begins about 3-4 weeks before CFB starts and generally ends the day after Basketball is 100% complete.

In most cases, we will restore the ability for you to change your DISPLAY name (not the name you log in with, though) during the off cycles.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TomasPistola

Quote from: Doug on November 18, 2014, 02:29:18 pm
Let me expand on this a little bit more (Someone just asked me today about a name change).

During CFB and Basketball season, there's a few features running on Hogville that may go kablooey on username changes, so we disallow name changes during this cycle. This typically begins about 3-4 weeks before CFB starts and generally ends the day after Basketball is 100% complete.

In most cases, we will restore the ability for you to change your DISPLAY name (not the name you log in with, though) during the off cycles.

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on August 16, 2014, 03:31:00 pm
Come on Douglas, you could pm her and no one would ever know you changed it.   ;D

He can be bribed with food and whores! or maybe vice versa
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

GatorHog

Can I change my name now, and how do I do that?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Doug, I was just wondering if this feature would be restored after the CWS.  If not, could you please let me have an idea of when to look to see if this feature is enabled?  I'd really like to change my display name.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

coolbreeze3279

I'd like to change my profile name please. Is that an option at this time?

TomasPistola

Quote from: coolbreeze3279 on August 11, 2015, 05:16:15 pm
I'd like to change my profile name please. Is that an option at this time?

Delete your account and make a new one. You've got one post for goodness sake.
You were right.
You did a great job.

coolbreeze3279

Hawgvillain