Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt

Started by IronMountainHog, February 17, 2018, 07:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

I remember when we signed Jimmy Whitt that he was supposed to be a big time scorer. I just saw that his new team SMU lit up the scoreboard for 37 points today. 37 points as a team for the whole game lol. 17 in the first half and 20 in the second half. Whitt had 6. Good luck to him moving forward, but after all the accolades he received in high school I would say he's a bust.

Pigasaurus

I seem to remember a goofy looking shot. Made R. Brewer's look like iron byron.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Letsroll1200

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 17, 2018, 07:23:51 pm
I remember when we signed Jimmy Whitt that he was supposed to be a big time scorer. I just saw that his new team SMU lit up the scoreboard for 37 points today. 37 points as a team for the whole game lol. 17 in the first half and 20 in the second half. Whitt had 6. Good luck to him moving forward, but after all the accolades he received in high school I would say he's a bust.

Barford and Macon are better than Babb and Whitt

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: pigasaurus on February 17, 2018, 07:36:08 pm

Man was he ever over rated. I think he was a 4 star with a great offer list.
Just not sure how he was rated that high.

Danny J

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 17, 2018, 07:45:17 pm
And his offer list would have been better was he not a solid commit from the jump.

The_Iceman

He is averaging 11 points, 5 rebs, 3 asts, and 2 steals per game. I would not say that is a bust.

hogsanity

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 17, 2018, 07:45:17 pm

BE cause in HS he was just that much better that most he played against, bad looking shot or not, wonder how much of his hs scoring was on drives and ft's. .
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2018, 07:58:11 pm
He is averaging 11 points, 5 rebs, 3 asts, and 2 steals per game. I would not say that is a bust.

Iceman has been cold today!

IronMountainHog

Against fairly weak competition. Dude averaged 26 ppg for his whole high school career. He was known as a scorer coming into college. He had 6 points today against Central Florida.

hogsanity

Solid CONTRIBUTOR numbers, but not what he was billed as.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sickboy

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 07:39:17 pm
Barford and Macon are better than Babb and Whitt

That's the understatement of the century. Barford and Macon are rare college talent.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 17, 2018, 08:04:26 pm
Solid CONTRIBUTOR numbers, but not what he was billed as.
Saw that Macon and Barford was coming and got out of Arkansas. Ended up at SMU, a school that has reduce scholarships because of NCAA infractions and will not be in the tournament.

Would be a key player on defense if he would have stayed.

Birminghog

Quote from: pigasaurus on February 17, 2018, 07:36:08 pm

Marvin Delph had a pretty odd-looking shot, too, but it was effective. However, senator, Jimmy Whitt was no Marvin Delph.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 08:10:12 pm
That's the understatement of the century. Barford and Macon are rare college talent.

Rare college talent?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 08:13:24 pm
Saw that Macon and Barford was coming and got out of Arkansas. Ended up at SMU, a school that has reduce scholarships because of NCAA infractions and will not be in the tournament.

Would be a key player on defense if he would have stayed.
Meh give me Babb, slightly better shooter IMO and longer arms

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

February 17, 2018, 09:11:56 pm #15 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:35:12 pm by JimDandy
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 17, 2018, 09:08:34 pm

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JimDandy on February 17, 2018, 09:11:56 pm

The bad outweighs the good by 3.5x

Is this a completely fair methodology? No it glosses over many variables. But it's the easiest one to go with. At some point a permanent ban - or pay-to-post option - should be handed out but that's not my job.
Because I don't give a darn about Karma or what anyone thinks about what I have to say. I don't post here for my ego!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 17, 2018, 09:22:57 pm
Because I don't give a darn about Karma or what anyone thinks about what I have to say. I don't post here for my ego!

Your negative karma is a direct reflection of your wit and realistic opinions. Don't mind the haters.

BannerMountainMan

hes averaging 11 points a game on arguably one of the worst teams in the country
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 09:32:08 pm
hes averaging 11 points a game on arguably one of the worst teams in the country

Worst teams in the country? Hell pard, they aren't even bottom three in their conference.

sadhogfan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 08:02:05 pm
Iceman has been cold today!

Give the poor guy a break. "Mediocre Mike" has won 4 in a row and has us tied for 3rd in conference. It has not been a good couple of weeks for Iceman.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 17, 2018, 09:08:34 pm
So give you a guy here, that was already here, and proved he couldn't cut it? Very logical.

RazorPiggie

And why is this a topic?

k.c.hawg

Antime a guy leaves I'm glad he left. He either doesn't like Fayetteville/UofA, choses to think what the coach wants is not what he wants to do, is afraid of competition, not willing to work for the playing time, decides the system is wrong for him, has family members in his ear......you name it.  Always best a guy moves on when he doesn't want to be here. Personally I don't think Babb or Whitt are any big loss other than the fact they could be experienced depth at this point. But if you weigh that against having disenchanted players on your team screwing up chemistry I would just prefer they move on. People that don't understand the transfer thing now cannot do simple math. There are mid 300's of D1 schools and 882 transfers in 17. Damn near 3 per school, so get use to it, don't balme the coach and be glad they aren't stuck poisoning your team.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 17, 2018, 10:21:38 pm
And why is this a topic?

Because he played on the tube today!! The depth of Hogville.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 17, 2018, 10:12:30 pm
So give you a guy here, that was already here, and proved he couldn't cut it? Very logical.

Whether or not he could or couldn't cut it, he was given a scholarship and chose to leave on his own merit.

apcapri

Not the greatest player ever but he's not a scrub. SMU is very short handed so he's playing a lot of minutes. He had 19 and 16 in the two previous games and just had an off shooting game against UCF. It happens.

sickboy

Quote from: widespreadsooie on February 17, 2018, 08:51:45 pm
Rare college talent?

Not rare as in, one in a billion. Rare as in they're both two of the best scoring guards in the conference. Rare as in they're probably the best guards we've had since the 90's.

The Hogfather

What you guys are missing is that these are the types of guys who are the 8th option for teams like UNC, etc.  That's what makes them so tough.  Would be really nice to have Whitt and Babb backing up Macon and Barford.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 17, 2018, 10:57:44 pm
What you guys are missing is that these are the types of guys who are the 8th option for teams like UNC, etc.  That's what makes them so tough.  Would be really nice to have Whitt and Babb backing up Macon and Barford.

Yes it would, if they wanted to be here. Guys like them seem happy to be back ups at Duke and NC but not Arkansas.

sadhogfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 17, 2018, 10:57:44 pm

Absolutely. But Whitt and Babb were not interested in roles like that here.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 17, 2018, 10:12:30 pm
Not quite sure where you get he couldn't cut it, he didn't like the way he was used and transferred to one of his original options. Not sure logic plays into this i am saying if i had to pick between babb and whitt, i take Babb.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: widespreadsooie on February 17, 2018, 09:28:36 pm
Your negative karma is a direct reflection of your wit and realistic opinions. Don't mind the haters.
TY and agreed.

WBOBO

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 08:10:12 pm
[/quoteKinda like Day and Mayberry?
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Birminghog on February 17, 2018, 08:33:51 pm
Marvin Delph had a pretty odd-looking shot, too, but it was effective. However, senator, Jimmy Whitt was no Marvin Delph.

Delph and Whitt should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Delph is maybe the most under thought of player that was a great player.

nwahogfan1

After I saw him play a few times I wondered how Whitt got rated so high.  He was long and athletic but he had a awful jump shot and did not have a quick first step so all the people who rated him High were all wrong. 

BallHog1

He's a bust

rljjr

Did Whitt dis the program on the way out? Not sure why the strong dislike.

VBMark

Quote from: JimDandy on February 17, 2018, 09:11:56 pm

The bad outweighs the good by 3.5x

Is this a completely fair methodology? No it glosses over many variables. But it's the easiest one to go with. At some point a permanent ban - or pay-to-post option - should be handed out but that's not my job.

So much wrong with this. I got smited over and over again when I told the board that Gus was getting on the Bus, Norvell never was, and Lane wasn't bring the train here.

I repeatedly said, Chad Morris was the guy. All of the naysayers, who had never watched a down of his coaching style flamed me. Same when I said, it was time for Nutter to butter on out of here.

Therefore, banning based on karma is a crappy idea. Period. That is unless you want GroupThink to carry the day every day.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

fieldturf

Quote from: Birminghog on February 17, 2018, 08:33:51 pm

Was that Lloyd Benson that made that famous?

26.2Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 09:32:08 pm

SMU is not an upper echelon team, but they are also certainly not one of the worst teams in the country.

Their RPI of 97 puts them in the top 28 percent of teams, better than Oklahoma State, Vanderbilt, Minnesota,  UConn, Ole Miss, and numerous other teams that were no match for the Hogs.  Are all of those teams the worst in the country?  I'll go ahead and answer that - no, they aren't.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: rljjr on February 18, 2018, 06:33:02 pm
Did Whitt dis the program on the way out? Not sure why the strong dislike.

Because 99% of Hogville thought he was the best guard on the team as a senior in high school lol. They're hurt.