Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football, Basketball at Virtually Same Time Friday

Started by moses_007, November 23, 2017, 11:09:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Hogs vs. Mizzou, football, 1:30 p.m., CBS

Hogs vs. North Carolina, basketball, 2:30 ESPN

Which one are you going to watch?  I'm watching the basketball game.  I don't care to see any more of CBB on our sidelines in a football game.  I hope I never see his face again.

Moses Out....

hoglady

I'll watch the football game until the basketball game starts.
Then I'll watch basketball live and record the rest of the football game.
I LOVE watching this basketball team and this is a huge game for them.
Macon will be on a mission tomorrow.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogNTX

Basketball... too fun not to watch them play right now and let's see where they are against "the nation's elite".

As for football... I predict a very spirited Arkansas football team that gets beat in the 2nd half... typical script during CBB's time here.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogNTX on November 23, 2017, 11:17:28 pm
Basketball... too fun not to watch them play right now and let's see where they are against "the nation's elite".

As for football... I predict a very spirited Arkansas football team that gets beat in the 2nd half... typical script during CBB's time here.

Why should he change now?
This is my non-signature signature.

RockyMtnHog

I think that both Hog teams are on a mission.  This is the football team's bowl game with the Battle Line Trophy on the line.  The basketball team can put a big feather in their hat if they win.

I will watch both at the same time, one on my TV and one on my tablet.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

alohawg

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2017, 11:09:21 pm

Which one are you going to watch?  I'm watching the basketball game.  I don't care to see any more of CBB on our sidelines in a football game.  I hope I never see his face again.

Moses Out....

Same
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogs49ers

I definitely will not be watching any more of the football game once the basketball game starts.
SCREW Vandy!

Tejano Jawg

My remote will be overworked for certain. It'll be a game-time decision which one gets recorded, determined at the time the basketball game starts.

I hate North Carolina.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hoggy Hogalot

threeNout

The timing is such that both could be ending at about the same time.

Imagine Macon at the line with a chance to win it with 1 second left,  while at the exact same moment  Limpert is lining up a 40 yard FG attempt to win, or go to OT.

We've had FB and BB games overlap before, can't ever remember them ending at nearly the same time though, this will be very close.

I'll mostly be watching BB once it starts, but the ending of both games should be compelling to see, CBB walking off the field for probably the last time.

threeNout

It'd be epic if both games went to OT, at the same time.

I think the FB game has a better chance of going to OT though.  NC may be in for an awakening today. :)

popcornhog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2017, 11:09:21 pm

Moses Out....

I'll be in the car til 2:00. I plan to listen to the football game on the radio and then watch the basketball game when I reach my destination.
WPS

AirWarren

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 24, 2017, 01:34:49 am
My remote will be overworked for certain. It'll be a game-time decision which one gets recorded, determined at the time the basketball game starts.

I hate North Carolina.

I second this.

Only. I hate hate North Carolina.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Football first. There's a season of basketball left.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

BR

Play Golf first, then catch 2nd half of the BBall game..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hogarusa

Surprised so many dont have the option of split screen or putting 2 TVs in the same room. Cmon people!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

dfwalumdad

this one's easy, watch the basketball game and dvr the football game.

then when you look up the score to the football game you delete the dvr.

Lanny

Neither, I'm on the road to call a high school football game.  DVR is set
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hobhog

Another "I don't care about the football team but will post on their message board all day".

I'll watch them both.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2017, 11:16:59 pm

No desire to use my fb tix today.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Kneph13

Will watch Bielema's last game and wave as the whaler sets out to sea with a target already in sight.

Basketball will be recorded on the DVR and watched after a good football win/typical 2017 defeat.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 24, 2017, 07:13:53 am
Football first. There's a season of basketball left.
^^^This^^^
As bad as it's been, it's a long time till next season...
WPS!
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

HF#1

I'll watch football until the basketball game starts. Then I'll mainly watch the basketball game and flip during commercials to football. If football is a blowout, I'll watch basketball. If basketball is a blowout, I'll watch football. If they are both blowouts, not sure.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

buldozer

That's my plan also.... I figure the football team will be behind by 21 or so in the first hour..... so I'll switch over to BB and just keep an eye on the FB score

rlreev01

Why make this issue about CBB. The football team is a disappointment and watching the BB team is understandable but hating on CBB does not seem logical. The man has done nothing to embarrass the University, he's been "all in" about being a Razorback. His record is disappointing but he knows that. I do not hate the man and look forward to following his career. Assuming we survive this current political attack on UA from the current Govenor.

TNhawgfan

Dvr the basketball game to watch later. Last football game means a lot to me, even in a tumultuous season
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2017, 07:24:01 am
Surprised so many dont have the option of split screen or putting 2 TVs in the same room. Cmon people!

That's gonna be three screens then, we have to have one to show Bill Walton waxing poetic, and amazing us with useless information.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Rayzback

Situational decisions be darned. 15 minutes of the Misery game should be enough time to go ahead and make the call.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

ballz2thewall

you could swap heads on the coaches and i don't think it'd make any difference in either game.
The rest of the frog.

poloprince

Quote from: rlreev01 on November 24, 2017, 09:18:32 am
Why make this issue about CBB. The football team is a disappointment and watching the BB team is understandable but hating on CBB does not seem logical. The man has done nothing to embarrass the University, he's been "all in" about being a Razorback. His record is disappointing but he knows that. I do not hate the man and look forward to following his career. Assuming we survive this current political attack on UA from the current Govenor.

Because he is the head football coach of a team that has one conference win in year #5 and if you think that isn't enough embarrassment then we have very different perspectives.  Winning does matter
$PoLoPrInCe$

Polecat

I LOVE watching this basketball team and this is a huge game for them.
Macon will be on a mission tomorrow.

cosign
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

BR

Golf......... It's 70 in NW Mo... Keep up with scores on phone... Tee Time 11:15 should be in by 2nd Half in Clubhouse
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pig in the Pokey

Ill watch both, of course, provided both are worth watching. Why would you choose? Watch both. And if you are unequipt for that, i guess I'll say, "It's 2017, Bawz. Catch up to the new century."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boardon Hamsay

What a conundrum. If history repeats itself, the b-ball game should start at the perfect time to switch off the football game. Or, one could watch one and listen to the other. One could also flip between the two, DVR the one not watched or, pull the second tv in or fire up a tablet/laptop/phone and watch both. ''Tis not a huge issue these days.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.