Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson

Started by IronMountainHog, November 23, 2017, 06:30:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

I loved hearing Coach Anderson coaching his tail off in today's game. It being a holiday, the arena was not full so you could really hear Mike out there. He was encouraging, pointing things out, and chewing azz. He reminded me of Nolan out there. On the opposite side of the coin we have Bielema, who just stands there with a blank stare most of the time. Congratulations Coach A and to the team for a great victory.

JONAS

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 23, 2017, 06:30:58 pm
I loved hearing Coach Anderson coaching his tail off in today's game. It being a holiday, the arena was not full so you could really hear Mike out there. He was encouraging, pointing things out, and chewing azz. He reminded me of Nolan out there. On the opposite side of the coin we have Bielema, who just stands there with a blank stare most of the time. Congratulations Coach A and to the team for a great victory.

I heard him say "bullsh@t" on one of those calls. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JONAS on November 23, 2017, 06:33:12 pm
Oh yeah, he was getting in the refs asses because it seems like Oklahoma got every close call. Or was it just me?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Großer Kriegschwein

Bret is concentrating on the real time updates of the Golden Corral buffet in his headset so he can plan his post game assault. 

Don't hate.
This is my non-signature signature.

JONAS

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 06:35:11 pm
Oh yeah, he was getting in the refs asses because it seems like Oklahoma got every close call. Or was it just me?

No, I thought so too.  I was glad to see Mike get on them.

RazorSax

The play where Young got fouled outside the 3-point line and was in no way attempting to shoot, yet got three shots was the worst call all game. Mike agreed, as well as many in attendance. That was the kind of call that just kills momentum. Every time we would get up by 5-7, we would get hands slapped, arms grabbed, and pushed with no calls. OU would run down and get blown on and get fouled. Just bogus.

Swinesong1

Quote from: RazorSax on November 23, 2017, 06:56:57 pm
The play where Young got fouled outside the 3-point line and was in no way attempting to shoot, yet got three shots was the worst call all game. Mike agreed, as well as many in attendance. That was the kind of call that just kills momentum. Every time we would get up by 5-7, we would get hands slapped, arms grabbed, and pushed with no calls. OU would run down and get blown on and get fouled. Just bogus.
Dont think he got three shots.  Hogs were over the limit so Sooners were shooting 1 and 1. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: JONAS on November 23, 2017, 06:33:12 pm

More than once. At first I thought it was just a random fan saying stuff, then I realized that was CMA I was hearing and it was constant throughout the game. He was calling out switches and yelling "shooter" when Young got the ball. He may be hoarse after the game.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogfooey

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 23, 2017, 06:59:09 pm
Dont think he got three shots.  Hogs were over the limit so Sooners were shooting 1 and 1.

He only shot 2, but the original call was in the act of shooting.  They changed it.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

RazorSax

You guys are right, my bad.

Have the family over and missed it.

Thanks for the clarification!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogfooey on November 23, 2017, 07:00:09 pm
He only shot 2, but the original call was in the act of shooting.  They changed it.

Yeah, they were going to try and give him 3 foul shots but CMA went off.
Hogs up! Covid down!

farmhawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 23, 2017, 07:01:52 pm
Yeah, they were going to try and give him 3 foul shots but CMA went off.
This. Mike is a good person and good coach.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: RazorSax on November 23, 2017, 06:56:57 pm

Yep. He shouted "No" about 20 times then finished it with "bs". Made me laugh.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

I've only watched one game, and can already tell this is one of my favorite teams of all time.

Loved Macon's post game interview about the chip on the shoulder.

ICEman

I had that old familiar 'burn' going during the game. I don't think I've felt it to the degree that I felt it this 'prevening' in nearly 20 years.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

returntoglory

Quote from: ICEman on November 23, 2017, 07:13:30 pm
I had that old familiar 'burn' going during the game. I don't think I've felt it to the degree that I felt it this 'prevening' in nearly 20 years.

I know a good urologist if you need it.

ICEman

Quote from: returntoglory on November 23, 2017, 07:15:48 pm
[/quote
Quote from: returntoglory on November 23, 2017, 07:15:48 pm

Play cards alone do you?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

lynbug

Coach had a hard time being low-key today.  I think he realizes the great possibilities with this team.  Excitement spills over.

Farmer Hogget

Two words.

SHUT
UP

Good gosh, man!  This is the basketball forum.  Just shut up already!  I came here so I wouldn't have to hear all the haters!  All of you haters. . .you're getting your way.  You can stop having your temper tantrums and acting like effing babies.  And, I'm certain if BB stood on the sideline and yelled the entire game, no one would hear him anyway.  You're an idiot for suggesting such a thing.  I rarely see coaches shouting at their teams the entire game.  How incompetent!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 23, 2017, 07:46:24 pm
Two words.

SHUT
UP

Good gosh, man!  This is the basketball forum.  Just shut up already!  I came here so I wouldn't have to hear all the haters!  All of you haters. . .you're getting your way.  You can stop having your temper tantrums and acting like effing babies.  And, I'm certain if BB stood on the sideline and yelled the entire game, no one would hear him anyway.  You're an idiot for suggesting such a thing.  I rarely see coaches shouting at their teams the entire game.  How incompetent!

Im sure after tomorrow's game, you and your boyfriend Bielema can go have a good cry. If you don't like what anyone writes in this thread, don't post. This is a simple comparison of a coach with a passion to win versus a crybaby who is in over his head. SO YOU SHUT UP CRYBABY.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 23, 2017, 08:09:22 pm
Im sure after tomorrow's game, you and your boyfriend Bielema can go have a good cry. If you don't like what anyone writes in this thread, don't post. This is a simple comparison of a coach with a passion to win versus a crybaby who is in over his head. SO YOU SHUT UP CRYBABY.

I thought he was being sarcastic. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt because no way could that have been serious.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

cotterhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 06:35:24 pm
Bret is concentrating on the real time updates of the Golden Corral buffet in his headset so he can plan his post game assault. 

Don't hate.

After tomorrow Bret will Consumate his love affair with Golden Corral and with all the money he will make in his buyout he can eat there every meal for the rest of his life.

jbigs77

Was at a game once. Walton was quiet. Richardson yelled, get that damn whistle out of you mouth to a ref. He got T eed. We won by 22.

RagingHawgOn

Two words.

SHUT
UP

Glad I'm not the only one with this reaction.

I felt something in this Hog game
today I haven't felt in many years. What a complete looking team, a lot of fight and I'm finally buying in that MA has this program under control.

To come in this forum and find a freakin attack on CBB is nauseating. Pathetic.

Slater

Like it or not for those who bash, CMA is the head coach here for ten to fifteen more years. We will win it all with CMA
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

AugustaHog

Mike needs to get him some ass kicking boots and a little nastier stare.  Nolan was downright scary.  You'd wanna make sure you got every call right if you were the ref.

Smallie Bigs

Two words.

SHUT
UP

This comment is so over dramatic it is comedy. Reading it is like watching a Grayson Allen flop. So you came here to get away from the haters and then you want to "Shut Up" the haters by..... hating? You are obviously very intelligent. So it boggles my mind that you think someone saying BB has a blank stare on his face is a temper tantrum. But, please keep your anti-hater by hating crusade going while I get my popcorn ready.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I seriously hope it works out for Anderson being the U of A basketball coach for the next 20 years.

I think most folks around here with half a brain knew the process when Anderson was hired.  MAJOR rebuilding of the program.  Most of us have never said a bad word about Mike.  It was a patience thing.  Good times are back.

Sundog

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 23, 2017, 10:10:11 pm
Mike needs to get him some ass kicking boots and a little nastier stare.  Nolan was downright scary.  You'd wanna make sure you got every call right if you were the ref.

When Nolan took off his sports coat/jacket...the whole friggin atmosphere changed! 

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on November 23, 2017, 10:35:36 pm
This comment is so over dramatic it is comedy. Reading it is like watching a Grayson Allen flop. So you came here to get away from the haters and then you want to "Shut Up" the haters by..... hating? You are obviously very intelligent. So it boggles my mind that you think someone saying BB has a blank stare on his face is a temper tantrum. But, please keep your anti-hater by hating crusade going while I get my popcorn ready.
A lot like FCJ throwing his stuff in MMQB?

RealHog

Loved hearing CMA getting into it. He's been getting this team ready and fired up.

GoHogs1091

Very good win for Coach Anderson.  Not easy to win against Lon Kruger.

Probably one of Anderson's top 3 wins since he became our Head Coach, behind beating Kentucky at Rupp, and beating Ben Howland in Fayetteville season-before-last.

RealHog

He had a right to be mad on some of those calls. They gave Young 3 free throws on a definite non shooting motion from 35 feet.

BannerMountainMan

Great coach still! 1 game don't change much
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

oldbooniehog

Anderson does not remind me of Nolan at all.

Nolan is a thousand times more mean than Anderson.

Nolan was meaner than a trod-upon one-eyed copperhead snake with a bad case of PMS mixed with Borderline Personality Disorder, after finding out somebody just stole $20 from it.

Anderson is a great person, nice guy, but not even in the same universe as "Mean" when it comes to Nolan Richardson.

That's what made Nolan great. His "chip on the shoulder" combined with throat-slitting, village-burning, castle-storming meanness.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: oldbooniehog on December 02, 2017, 09:28:47 pm
Anderson does not remind me of Nolan at all.

Nolan is a thousand times more mean than Anderson.

Nolan was meaner than a trod-upon one-eyed copperhead snake with a bad case of PMS mixed with Borderline Personality Disorder, after finding out somebody just stole $20 from it.

Anderson is a great person, nice guy, but not even in the same universe as "Mean" when it comes to Nolan Richardson.

That's what made Nolan great. His "chip on the shoulder" combined with throat-slitting, village-burning, castle-storming meanness.

True but let's hope that there is more than one way to skin a hog. Kill 'em with kindness. Maybe that's the CMA way.
Hogs up! Covid down!

JRHoward

I so wanted to see CMA breathing fire last night.....   A shame to have a senior laden team with NO leadership apparent last night.    Hopefully Our Hogs recover and come out focused and ready to whip some azz...    I sure hope so.   Go Hogs!
Woooo Pig!

JRHoward

I was happy to see Coach get the team refocused last night.  Change in starting line up seemed to make a difference going down the road with substitutions.  Was great to see CJ have a good night, and Gafford only with 2 fouls! 

Hopefully a quicker start Saturday.  It was a lot of fun to see the runs last night.  Go Hogs!
Woooo Pig!