Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA-asu game an issue in the Governors race?

Started by NEAHAWG, May 10, 2006, 09:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEAHAWG

Several injun posters in this thread about our rival with Texas seem to think one canidate may not talk about a game but will push for one once elected, they are about 50-70 post down in the thread.  Old Brave and a couple of others. 
http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?showtopic=24599

Ross U (HDHF)

We are ASt's Texas....that's sad...do we look like that to Texas fans?

codeHog

mikeirwin

GET REAL.
Does ASU play in the SEC ?
Ever look at their stadium ?
Ever check out their attendance ?
There's no comparision between the two football programs and no Texas fans don't look at Arkansas the same way Arkansas fans look at ASU.
The Texas-Arkansas series may be lopsided but the Hogs have slapped some knots on their heads over the years. The Bird Flu would have to sweep the Hog football team for them to lose to ASU.

pseudorabies

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 10, 2006, 09:53:59 pm
GET REAL.
There's no comparision between the two football programs and no Texas fans don't look at Arkansas the same way Arkansas fans look at ASU.
The Texas-Arkansas series may be lopsided but the Hogs have slapped some knots on their heads over the years. The Bird Flu would have to sweep the Hog football team for them to lose to ASU.

Easy on the bird flu references Mike, us chicken guys get a little uptight when we hear that term.

widespreadsooie

I live in Jonesboro and I can't stand the indians. All they do is talk about how they could beat us and were just scared. It pi$$es me off so much.

pigture perfect

GET REAL.
Stick to investigative reporting because you have no clue if Asu would have ever beaten the hogs or not. They have never played. I expected a little better from you Mike.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Smithian

The Bird Flu would have to sweep the Hog football team for them to lose to ASU.
Quoted.

bald hog

QuoteStick to investigative reporting because you have no clue if Asu would have ever beaten the hogs or not. They have never played. I expected a little better from you Mike.

You stick to dreaming. ASU at its best would lose to the Hog at its worst by 4 tds.

pseudorabies

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 10, 2006, 10:07:04 pm
GET REAL.
Stick to investigative reporting because you have no clue if Asu would have ever beaten the hogs or not. They have never played. I expected a little better from you Mike.

As bad as the hogs were last year, it would have looked like we were USC against ASU.  Only a fool would think otherwise.

pigture perfect

Quote from: bald hog on May 10, 2006, 10:14:10 pm
QuoteStick to investigative reporting because you have no clue if Asu would have ever beaten the hogs or not. They have never played. I expected a little better from you Mike.

You stick to dreaming. ASU at its best would lose to the Hog at its worst by 4 tds.
Who knows and who cares at this point. They ain't playing. BUt bigger upsets have happened.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoggerNocker

GET REAL.
I think I smell a Jonesboro Indian with a chip on his shoulder.  Chill out, use some reason! The two teams will never play each other.

pigture perfect

There is no chip on my shoulder. And I think I just said "They ain't playing each other". But it is Naive to think that one team could never beat another. We don't ever expect to lose to ULM, but we could. No one thought we would lose to Vandy but we did. I am a hog fan, first and foremost.

I have seen rivalry games where one team had a terrible record and the other had a team of studs. Most of the time the games are close. We've all seen these things before. No chip, I'm chilled.

pseudorabies

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 10, 2006, 10:37:35 pm
There is no chip on my shoulder. And I think I just said "They ain't playing each other". But it is Naive to think that one team could never beat another. We don't ever expect to lose to ULM, but we could. No one thought we would lose to Vandy but we did. I am a hog fan, first and foremost.

I have seen rivalry games where one team had a terrible record and the other had a team of studs. Most of the time the games are close. We've all seen these things before. No chip, I'm chilled.

When did we lose to ULM, oh thats right, we haven't.

nwarazfan

GET REAL.

In case you didn't know, Irwin doesn't have good things to say about ASU.   Its that NW Ark isolationist thing. 

And ASU had better worry about UCA's growth academically and athletically.  They have been doing things right and will hurt ASU's recruiting. 

pork and mindy

This is a team that was CRUSHED by Army AND Middle Tennesssee St. last year. Weaklings...

mikeirwin

GET REAL.
I have a clue. It's called common sense. I've never jumped a 20 foot ditch but I know I can't.
Arkansas usually has a couple of rent-a-wins on it's schedule each year. Some of them have been down in ASU's ballpark talent wise, though most are better. I went back into the U of A press guide and checked out the Hogs matchups with mid major teams since 1990.
Their record in those games is 26-1. The Citadel was their only loss. No I don't consider SMU or Memphis be mid majors at least not the type that ASU is. Those two schools are better than ASU 19 years out of 20.
So maybe once in every 27 tries ASU might pull off a lucky win over the Hogs. But that wouldn't make the series similiar to the Arkansas-Texas series and THAT is what I was responding to.

nwarazfan

ASU actually plays Memphis really well many years and have played Ole Miss tough more than a few times.   Closer than ULM plays us.  Its sad for them that they can't build teams like they had in the 80s under Lacewell. 

mikeirwin

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 10, 2006, 10:59:08 pm
ASU actually plays Memphis really well many years and have played Ole Miss tough more than a few times.   Closer than ULM plays us.  Its sad for them that they can't build teams like they had in the 80s under Lacewell. 
Have they ever beaten them ?

trufanofhogs

Really I think this ongoing debate is kind of silly. The only pepple that think ASU would really have any chance at all are the very most die hard Indian fans. What the hell, we play ULM and LA-Lafayette - lets play 'em, kick the crap out of 'em - maybe they will shut up.

cubbie

I was over in Jonesboro when ASU was going to their bowl game, and all they could talk about is how Arkansas was not going to a Bowl and how we were mad about that.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

pork and mindy

Quote from: trufanofhogs on May 10, 2006, 11:06:16 pm
Really I think this ongoing debate is kind of silly. The only pepple that think ASU would really have any chance at all are the very most die hard Indian fans. What the hell, we play ULM and LA-Lafayette - lets play 'em, kick the crap out of 'em - maybe they will shut up.

Those 3 or 4 guys don't know what they're talking about.

nwarazfan

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 10, 2006, 10:59:55 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on May 10, 2006, 10:59:08 pm
ASU actually plays Memphis really well many years and have played Ole Miss tough more than a few times.   Closer than ULM plays us.  Its sad for them that they can't build teams like they had in the 80s under Lacewell. 
Have they ever beaten them ?

Yes

Sonofahog

Comparing Vandy to ULM and ASU?  That is laughable also.  Vandy also beat UcheaT and played well against other SEC teams last year.  Vandy would smoke ASU,  because the play SEC talent each year.  Yes,  ASU would sneak up on you once in a blue moon,  it does happen (Citadel).  But even lowly Vandy (as lots of people see it) is still in the SEC and any SEC team will beat any Sun Belt team 90% of the time.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

chiefsfan

GET REAL.

Journalism at its finest...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

nwarazfan

Quote from: stillahog on May 10, 2006, 11:34:20 pm

Comparing Vandy to ULM and ASU?  That is laughable also.  Vandy also beat UcheaT and played well against other SEC teams last year.  Vandy would smoke ASU,  because the play SEC talent each year.  Yes,  ASU would sneak up on you once in a blue moon,  it does happen (Citadel).  But even lowly Vandy (as lots of people see it) is still in the SEC and any SEC team will beat any Sun Belt team 90% of the time.
ASU doesn't have near the depth or team speed to compete most years.  They just sometimes catch teams like a Memphis or OM every few years and force them to play an entire game.  A few of our qbless teams under Nutt ie much of 2000, the opener in 01 vs UNLV and at times last year could have been a little worrisome vs ASU.

Again, ASU needs to worry about UCA.

Bad_Intentions

Man, I'd LOVE to play ASU every year. What's the difference in beating ULM by 20-30 and beating them? Might as well play ASU. Sure, if we played every year they'd beat us once and it'd be the crowning achievement of the program's history, kinda like the ASU women's b-ball team's victory the Lady Backs in the NIT, LOL. I think we'd throttle their butts most years and I for one would love to see it. Imagine McFadden running against ASU, haha. That's funny. Seriously, picture that for a second. I'd love to play in football. Hope it happens sometime soon.
WPS!!

chiefsfan

QuoteNo I don't consider SMU or Memphis be mid majors at least not the type that ASU is.

Mike gave me enough material to quote for hours upon end, but since its late,  Id like to ask exactly how he thinks SMU is a stronger mid major then ASU?  Mike you may wanna put it in an SMU game tape and watch, Ive seen worse, but gosh they are bad.

And he evidently didnt watch our last game against Memphis, you know where Nick Noce put up over 400 yards on the then #25 team in the country, sure we lost the game, but it was anything but a blowout.  If all the SMU losses weren't upsets, then I dont know what was.

Anything else slightly ridiculous you would like to add sir?

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mikeirwin

May 10, 2006, 11:46:38 pm #29 Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:48:18 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 10, 2006, 11:38:15 pm
GET REAL.

Journalism at its finest...
I don't know how many times I have to explain this. I'm not a reporter for Hogville. I post here just like you do. I have my opinions just like you. I don't need to do a ton of research to believe that Arkansas would not lose to ASU probably more than once in a generation. However I do believe if I wanted to spend the time comparing common opponents the conclusion would be that in most years the Indians would not stand a snowball's chance against Arkansas or any other SEC school.

cubbie

ASU is losing ground to UCA. Enough Said.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Bad_Intentions on May 10, 2006, 11:42:58 pm
Man, I'd LOVE to play ASU every year. What's the difference in beating ULM by 20-30 and beating them? Might as well play ASU. Sure, if we played every year they'd beat us once and it'd be the crowning achievement of the program's history, kinda like the ASU women's b-ball team's victory the Lady Backs in the NIT, LOL. I think we'd throttle their butts most years and I for one would love to see it. Imagine McFadden running against ASU, haha. That's funny. Seriously, picture that for a second. I'd love to play in football. Hope it happens sometime soon.

Due to the small ignorant Hog hating faction of Indian fans, they do not deserve the courtesy or respect of the Hogs scheduling them. 

chiefsfan

May 10, 2006, 11:55:33 pm #32 Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:59:48 pm by chiefsfan
Quote from: nwarazfan on May 10, 2006, 11:42:27 pm

UCA?  They are barely 1AA in football right now.  They wont even count as a win for ASU untill they fill every scholarship, which will take a few years.  and even then, they are 1AA.  We dont have to play them.

And dont pull this UCA could beat us crap out here, an ASU UCA game would end the same way many on here think a hog ASU game would.  A blowout.  UCA lost to UT martin by 1 this year, the same UT Martin that lost to ASU by 50 points this year and nearly 60 points nearly 2 years earlier.

Ill edit and admit, that UCA is beating us in Enrollment, in fact downright killing us right now.  But in terms of Athletics, they are nowhere close, though I give them credit for trying

chiefsfan

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 10, 2006, 11:46:38 pm

I don't know how many times I have to explain this. I'm not a reporter for Hogville. I post here just like you do. I have my opinions just like you. I don't need to do a ton of research to believe that Arkansas would not lose to ASU probably more than once in a generation. However I do believe if I wanted to spend the time comparing common opponents the conclusion would be that in most years the Indians would not stand a snowball's chance against Arkansas or any other SEC school.

I dont know about that.  ASU should have beat Ole Miss 2 years ago, and probably could give MissStake a good game right now.  The same goes for Kentucky and Vandy.   I remind you, that Vandy, despite their great season last year, still lost to Sun Belt middle of the pack Middle Tennessee State

pseudorabies

May 11, 2006, 12:05:07 am #34 Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:08:08 am by pseudorabies
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 10, 2006, 11:45:34 pm
QuoteNo I don't consider SMU or Memphis be mid majors at least not the type that ASU is.

Mike gave me enough material to quote for hours upon end, but since its late,  Id like to ask exactly how he thinks SMU is a stronger mid major then ASU?  Mike you may wanna put it in an SMU game tape and watch, Ive seen worse, but gosh they are bad.

And he evidently didnt watch our last game against Memphis, you know where Nick Noce put up over 400 yards on the then #25 team in the country, sure we lost the game, but it was anything but a blowout.  If all the SMU losses weren't upsets, then I dont know what was.

Anything else slightly ridiculous you would like to add sir?

Another ASU fan with his feelings hurt. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 11, 2006, 12:05:07 am

Another ASU fan with is feelings hurt. 

hardly.  Im not saying ASU could beat UA or anything, I just wanna game

pigture perfect

Quote from: cubbie on May 10, 2006, 11:53:52 pm
I know I'm digging a hole here, but so is the U of A. if you are talking about enrollment.

pseudorabies

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 11, 2006, 12:10:22 am
Quote from: cubbie on May 10, 2006, 11:53:52 pm
I know I'm digging a hole here, but so is the U of A.

As long as Nutt stays the Head Coach at Arkansas, he could be the greatest recruiter ASU, UCA, and UAPB could ever hope for.

pigture perfect

You're right Mike. I was judging you as a reporter. You need an outlet to statet your oppinions, and I'm glad you do it on Hogville. I'm Sorry

mikeirwin

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 10, 2006, 11:58:30 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 10, 2006, 11:46:38 pm

I dont know about that.  ASU should have beat Ole Miss 2 years ago, and probably could give MissStake a good game right now.  The same goes for Kentucky and Vandy.   I remind you, that Vandy, despite their great season last year, still lost to Sun Belt middle of the pack Middle Tennessee State
Should have. Almost. Probably. I would remind you that Arkansas has not lost to any Sun Belt team EVER. The last time they played Middle Tennessee it was 58-6.
Here's what I'd love to see. For one year let Arkansas players take a vacation. Suit up ASU in Arkansas uniforms and have them play Arkansas schedule. Zero and twelve all the way with a lot of should have, almost and probably thrown in.

mikeirwin

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 11, 2006, 12:13:54 am
You're right Mike. I was judging you as a reporter. You need an outlet to statet your oppinions, and I'm glad you do it on Hogville. I'm Sorry
Thank you.
There are a lot of dumb opinions on this board and I have a right to be just as dumb as anyone else. Afterall we're talking sports here and sports is not rational.

mikeirwin

May 11, 2006, 12:31:38 am #41 Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:33:18 am by mikeirwin
Quote from: pigture perfect on May 11, 2006, 12:13:54 am
A quick story to illustrate this point. Years ago I worked with a news reporter who was outstanding. He was professionally objective almost to a fault. His reputation as a journalist was never in question.
However, one on one he was the biggest gossip I'd ever known. He would tell crazy stories about various politicians that he knew. Most of what he said appeared to be highly exaggerated. But none of that ever crept into his work. We were all amazed that he could sound like a complete loon just talking in the newsroom and yet be so professional on the air.
I think he needed an outlet to go nuts from time to time and we were that outlet.
While I don't knowingly mix bogus information into my posts here I do find it a great deal of fun to just be a fan and argue with the rest of you.

Factual Fiction

that would be twice as many should haves than we already experience on a regular basis.

NEAHAWG

May 11, 2006, 07:09:22 am #43 Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:11:06 am by NEAHAWG
Started this thread to highlight the thought by some of the ASU people that one of the candidates for Governor has very strong ties with BurialGrounds and posts on that board just like most of the ones that would sell their children into bondage for a game with UA or UAF as they call it.  M.B. has the same feelings about us as the real crazies on that board.  Just remember that asu put 10,000 fans into a womens NIT game with our ladybacks and they were beside themselves posting the pissing on the hog picture with a member of the Independence Bowl participating which is now in the thread that was linked.

ALSO REMEBER THAT WE IN ARKANSAS ARE TERM LIMITED FOR THE GOVERNORS OFFICE.

hogfan064

Last year the Indians lost to...

A 7 win Mizzou team by 27

A 4 win Okie St team by 10

ULM by 4

Middle Tenn State by 38!!

Army by 28!!

A 7 win USM team by 12

The wins were over

UT Martin(who?)

FIU by 42, FIU has had a football team for less than 5 years

ULL by 3

Florida Atlantic in OT by 3.  First game to end regulation 0-0 in nearly 30 years

Troy by 6

UNT by 7

And remember this was ASU's best team in probably 20 years. 

I like ASU and I pull for them.  I would love to see an ASU-Arkansas series, but come on Indians be realistic.  You are what you are.  Furman, Montana, Georgia Southern and App State would kill you

Baghdadhawg

GET REAL.

Mike is just telling it like it is!  Maybe you should get a clue.

hogfan064

ASU against other Conferences

ACC 0-5
Big 12 0-13
Big East 1-1
Big 10 0-4
CUSA  24-40-5
D1 Indep  0-1
MAC 6-12
Mountain West 0-9
SEC 1-43
Sun Belt 46-44-1
WAC 24-44

Total 1-A record 102-216-6 .320

Total BCS record 2-66 .029

Wins were over Ole Miss 10-0 in 1915 and Cinci in 1975 14-9

NEAHAWG

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 07:32:47 am

ACC 0-5
Big 12 0-13
Big East 1-1
Big 10 0-4
CUSA  24-40-5
D1 Indep  0-1
MAC 6-12
Mountain West 0-9
SEC 1-43
Sun Belt 46-44-1
WAC 24-44

Good reserch, when I read the 1-1 against the Big East I was wondering who that win was against.  I had forgotten that Cincinnatti was in the BIG EAST.

hogfan064

Quote from: NEAHAWG on May 11, 2006, 07:48:26 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 07:32:47 am

ACC 0-5
Big 12 0-13
Big East 1-1
Big 10 0-4
CUSA  24-40-5
D1 Indep  0-1
MAC 6-12
Mountain West 0-9
SEC 1-43
Sun Belt 46-44-1
WAC 24-44

Good reserch, when I read the 1-1 against the Big East I was wondering who that win was against.  I had forgotten that Cincinnatti was in the BIG EAST.

When the win happened Cinci was a D-1 Indy though.  Of course so were alot of teams at that time. 

CraigheadHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 10, 2006, 11:55:33 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on May 10, 2006, 11:42:27 pm

UCA?  They are barely 1AA in football right now.  They wont even count as a win for ASU untill they fill every scholarship, which will take a few years.  and even then, they are 1AA.  We dont have to play them.

And dont pull this UCA could beat us crap out here, an ASU UCA game would end the same way many on here think a hog ASU game would.  A blowout.  UCA lost to UT martin by 1 this year, the same UT Martin that lost to ASU by 50 points this year and nearly 60 points nearly 2 years earlier.

Ill edit and admit, that UCA is beating us in Enrollment, in fact downright killing us right now.  But in terms of Athletics, they are nowhere close, though I give them credit for trying

Oh really?  Why then the two times that they played the total margin of victory for ASUJ was 11 points.  17-7 in 1996 and then they had to throw a friggin bomb with less than a minute to go in 1997 to beat UCA by 1 point.

You can sit there and say the reason why ASUJ won't play UCA is because they don't count as a win, but we all know that is bull.  ASUJ is only bowl eligible once every 35 years, so they have never had enough wins to qualify anyway.  The fact is ASUJ is dodging UCA, and that makes ASUJ nothing more than hypocrites.

As a matter of a fact, yall may have to have a mascot change shortly, I have a suggestion.  Call yourself the hypocrites, wannabes, or leeches.  Any of the three would fit ASUJ perfectly.

UCA is a hell of a lot closer to ASUJ in more than just the enrollment, and you know it.