Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May Have Heard The Stupidest Statement Ever Tonight

Started by Dwyane Wade, September 03, 2009, 01:02:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwyane Wade

So I attend ASU and tonight they had the annual call of the pack spirit rally. During this rally the womens basketball coach at Arkansas State suggested ASUs football team will beat the Razorbacks if they were to ever meet.

...make it happen Jeff Long...I wanna see these idiots silenced over here in Jonesboro

SPAL

their time to beat Arkansas was last year. Had they played us, they likely would have beaten us. Now, it will never happen. EVER...

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

riccoar

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 03, 2009, 01:05:58 am
2nd annual or 3rd annual?
2nd.  Switch was official 03/2008.  Mandated by the PC police inside the NCAA.

Lando Calrissian

Aww gee, and here I was thinking this "Call of the pack" rally had been around for like 90 years.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Dwyane Wade

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 03, 2009, 01:19:21 am
Aww gee, and here I was thinking this "Call of the pack" rally had been around for like 90 years.

Call of the TRIBE was started back in 97....that changed it to Pack accordingly back in 08...I like how they wanna build some tradition...and I am a big fan of ASU football...but I'm a Hogs first guy...always have been...

hoggeek

ASU football was fun under Lacewell. Now it's just painful.

Big Papa Satan

I see the aswallow fans are still huffing paint fumes.

felixfan

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on September 03, 2009, 01:02:36 am
So I attend ASU and tonight they had the annual call of the pack spirit rally. During this rally the womens basketball coach at Arkansas State suggested ASUs football team will beat the Razorbacks if they were to ever meet.

Anyone ever seen Brian Boyer?

Dude looks like someone you'd see on a flyer at the post office about a serial killer.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

mightybulldogs12

deshahawg

UofA has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing ASU. They would be crazy to play them.

SquidBilly

I wish we could arrange to send our scout team over there to play their varsity team.  It'd get our scout team guys some live action against a team they can easily beat.

Tripod1

Quote from: deshahawg on September 03, 2009, 06:58:39 am
UofA has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing ASU. They would be crazy to play them.
I use to subscribe to this statement but have since changed my mind.  Why is this statement true?  If so then why do so many other states play within their state?  99 out of 100 times Hogs win and the game would create lots of in state interest.  I just don't see a problem playing them as opposed to some directional school or even our opponent this Saturday.

Michael Porkleone

Call of the Pack spirit rally?

There had to be 10s of people there.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Michael Porkleone

On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

98hogs

ASU is scared of UCA !  Why doesn't ASU play UCA?

10thPlanet

Hogs should just play them, beat them, and enjoy. It would bring a lot more excitement than Mo State.

TheGunther

everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

DeltaBoy

I agree last year they might have got us.  They did beat A&M in College Station last Sept 18-14.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Tripod1 on September 03, 2009, 07:40:56 am
I use to subscribe to this statement but have since changed my mind.  Why is this statement true?  If so then why do so many other states play within their state?  99 out of 100 times Hogs win and the game would create lots of in state interest.  I just don't see a problem playing them as opposed to some directional school or even our opponent this Saturday.

The real fun is in not playing them and listening to the wails coming from all 25 of the ASWho fans because we don't schedule them.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on September 03, 2009, 08:30:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u50GTlAwBk

NSFW language

ASU intro video - We howlin and sh**

So funny:

"Unless you are a Texas A&M player, or you run a meth lab in Craighead county, you were probably unaware that there is an Arkansas State football team."

Uncle_dad

We go through the same crap up here with Mo State and Mizzou.  Mo State has the biggest inferiority complex.  The name change had more to do with trying to get people to perceive them in a class with Mizzou than anything else.  Perhaps they should call Texas St. or Illinois St. and ask how the name change worked for them.  But I digress.  Mo State, like ASU, had a very small window of opportunity to compete.  I think that window has now closed completely.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: 98hogs on September 03, 2009, 07:49:15 am
ASU is scared of UCA !  Why doesn't ASU play UCA?

I'm not opposed to playing ASU but if they really want to make their case they should play UCA.  Now that UCA is 1-AA there is no reason not to.  ASU schedules a lower division team each year.  This year it is Mississippi Valley State.  It's quite hypocritical not to play UCA.  They could pay the fee for WMS and still come out way ahead compared to what they will draw at home.  It would sell out.

I honestly don't think they want to play UofA.  They are like the little dog that runs up to say a doberman on leash and starts yipping and acting all tough but the minute the doberman shows his teeth the run away tail between their legs.  They like to yip but that's all it is.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

...make it happen Jeff Long...I wanna see these idiots silenced over here in Jonesboro

Ok, first, why would attend something so lame, and, second, why should anyone care what the asu womens bb coach says? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

donewithdale

Sad that they focus so much on the Hogs like when they went to the New Orleans Bowl and their fans held more signs attempted at ridiculing the Hogs than supporting their team. 

Don't do it Jeff.  Their small segment of fans who have demonstrated no class over the years and their behavior at the WNIT should preclude them from gaining our attention enough for a game.  It makes them madder than if we would give in and beat them 60-0. 

SgtPepper

Speaking as an ASU fan, I have to say I think it was an incredibly stupid statement that the women's basketball coach made, if indeed that is what she said.  Having said that, I also have to question the motivation of an ASU student who attends an ASU pep rally and then goes on a UofA message board and repeats what was said there.

Speaking for myself and most of the ASU fans that I know, we don't concern ourselves too much with the UofA.  We understand and accept that the game isn't going to be played anytime soon and we understand that sitting around complaining and wringing our hands about it is counterproductive.  We have our own row to hoe, namely concentrating on winning the Sun Belt conference.  We are also incredibly frustrated with those ASU fans that do seem to be obsessed with the UofA.
The stAte's University

MJ4H

There are plenty of ASU fans that are also Hog fans (my in-laws, for example, went to ASU, live here, and frequently attend Razorback games and root for the Hogs).  I consider these the sane ones.  I'm kind of ambivalent to ASU, but I would root for them in most games as a state pride kind of thing, I guess.

Dwyane Wade

The Call of the Pack thing isn't really lame to be honest...I mean it is in a sense but it isn't...They are just trying to start some tradition, and ASU atheletics are on the rise (believe it or not)...Some things they do are just getting plain lame, last night they played the same Wolf Howl repetitively over the PA for what I know had to be about 10 minutes, not to mention I think they straight up stole that howl from Quinton Rampage Jackson...sounds just like it....But to think they will beat UofA at football is ridiculous

razobak

Quote from: Uncle_dad on September 03, 2009, 09:08:55 am
We go through the same crap up here with Mo State and Mizzou.  Mo State has the biggest inferiority complex.  The name change had more to do with trying to get people to perceive them in a class with Mizzou than anything else.  Perhaps they should call Texas St. or Illinois St. and ask how the name change worked for them.  But I digress.  Mo State, like ASU, had a very small window of opportunity to compete.  I think that window has now closed completely.

Kind of, except Missouri State is a 1-AA (I refuse to use FBS/FCS) school.  Arkansas State is 1-A, and beat a BCS conference team last year.  Honestly though, A-State could not beat Arkansas this year.  They possibly could have last year, but that's it.  Like you said, their window of opportunity is gone.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

donewithdale

I've tried pulling for ASU since the early 80's and attended many Lacewell and Catalina coached games.  Over the years it has been tougher and tougher because of that small portion of ASU people who blame all of their problems on the UA.  I may be close to done with them now after a comment by an ASU admin was relayed to me concerning the Razorbacks.  They are truly warped. 

Michael Porkleone

Just so you know- Jonesboro is only two howlers away.

Dumbest billboards I've ever seen.

FedorE

its easy to talk crap when you know nothing will come of it...i think uca would give us just as much trouble as asu...thats very little if any

tahlahog

man never heard that quote before, what an observation.
Quote from: deshahawg on September 03, 2009, 06:58:39 am

I am not a particular fan of ASU but would still like to see ASU/ARK, first game of every year played at WMS, rotate home team status and would encourage ASU to play UCA.  I say keep the money in the state if possible.  It would also give ARK another home game that would hold some interest.  Patsyville U. from the state next door always playing at our venue and us usually getting the homer calls all night long is not only somewhat boring but is a waste of good ticket money.  I know everyone does it but it still doesn't make it right.  When you go 4-4 in conference and beat 4 OOC teams at home that would lose to some good high school teams and then brag about being 8-4 is pretty lame.  You actually went 4-4 and beat 4 other teams you should beat 100 of 100 times like playing the senior high team against the mighty mites made up of 5 year olds.  If ARK could drum ASU every time they play them then whats the problem.  Play them, kick their ass, next game.

Dcace83

I thought you were going to say the Sporscenter show where they were giving College Gameday recap and all the guys were asked to pick the BCSNC game and the winner and everyone said Florida and then Lou Holtz said "Notre Dame."

I mean seriously even the other guys, Kirbie and someone else said man you are out on an island all alone with that.

Wow what a total loser.
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

lookinupthehill

September 03, 2009, 12:01:04 pm #39 Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:02:35 pm by lookinupthehill
Quote from: hogsanity on September 03, 2009, 09:19:25 am
Ok, first, why would attend something so lame, and, second, why should anyone care what the asu womens bb coach says? 

Because believe it or not, the 12,000 people that attend ASU do actually have some interest in what goes on there.  Not to mention the alumni and other supports in NE Arkansas.  Not everyone can be an elitist like you.

And before you ask, yes, I went to ASU.  Am I sorry for it?  No.  Our engineering program had better national test scores than UofA's year after year. 

Is the athletic program interesting on a national level?  Not usually, but that doesn't mean there aren't any fans.  Get over yourself.

I'm a Hog fan through and through and agree that was a stupid statement, but some of these opinions are just ridiculous. 

ruby2sdaynar

Speaking as and ASU Alumni and a total Razorback fan, why would we need ASU to play UCA and not think U of A should play ASU?

I think that U of A regularly schedules other SBC schools so what would be the problem with making that school ASU?  The past 3 years U of A beat 4 SBC teams, ASU beat the same teams that year as well.

Would ASU win?  Most likely not. But Arkansas doesn't play the other SBC teams to loose either, we accept those as games for the win column so why would we plan for ASU to be any different?  ASU also schedules games with fellow SEC schools like Auburn and Alabama with the expection of the payoff loss, so why wouldn't they accept U of A offer?

Next Saturday would you rather be watching U of A cream Missouri State or ASU in Little Rock?

donewithdale

Quote from: ruby2sdaynar on September 03, 2009, 12:05:45 pm
Speaking as and ASU Alumni and a total Razorback fan, why would we need ASU to play UCA and not think U of A should play ASU?

I think that U of A regularly schedules other SBC schools so what would be the problem with making that school ASU?  The past 3 years U of A beat 4 SBC teams, ASU beat the same teams that year as well.

Would ASU win?  Most likely not. But Arkansas doesn't play the other SBC teams to loose either, we accept those as games for the win column so why would we plan for ASU to be any different?  ASU also schedules games with fellow SEC schools like Auburn and Alabama with the expection of the payoff loss, so why wouldn't they accept U of A offer?

Next Saturday would you rather be watching U of A cream Missouri State or ASU in Little Rock?

Mo St works out fine.  Nebraska and Iowa can pay for ASU's program. 

Fatmanhog

I have always rooted for all instate schools because we are the only ones that really matter in the world of sports here. I wish we would play them. For all the ones that say its a lose lose situation, then why play MO ST. what do we gain there?  even if we lose to them which we wouldnt do you really think the recruits would go "oh they lost to ASU we need to go there". if that was the case how does michigan still have a team? that argument has always been ridiculous and i think its time to give them a pounding and let them see that they are not on our level. I really dont think they could have beaten us last year either. aTm was bad and they are bad this year.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Rocktownhog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on September 03, 2009, 08:30:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u50GTlAwBk

NSFW language

ASU intro video - We howlin and sh**

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 03, 2009, 11:27:38 am
Just so you know- Jonesboro is only two howlers away.

Dumbest billboards I've ever seen.

Those along with the howlleujah I chose AR st. ones.

UofA playing AR St. doesnt benefit us at all. We arent competing for the same recruits, If we win, no big deal, we were supposed to. But, If by some chance that hell happened to freeze over that day and we lost, then it would be a nightmare for us. AR St. would be the only beneficiaries from this game.
GO HOGS!

healthyhog

Sorry AState guys, but your school and athletic program just took another step into the pathetic zone with that story.

I'm all about you guys having your pep rally or whatever it is, I actually support ASU when they play people like Texas and aTm...but for one of your coaches to call out a team you don't even play as if UofA owes the sad town of jonesboro something, is just....well, pathetic.

I was trying to come up with a comparison for an Arkansas coach saying something that stupid, but I really can't come up with one that makes any sense in my head.

As for the great UA v ASU debate, I say screw you guys.  If you didn't act like a bunch of whiney little biotches every year, I might consider joining the pro side.  But, I've seen enough of those stupid "I'm for the Indians, and whoever is playing the Hogs" bumper stickers in my years to tell me you guys don't deserve a game.  Enjoy your time in the Sun Belt.  Go UCA.

Hogeye_Pierce

You know people. I can see the ASU-Ark thing happening for one major reason. It may turn out to be the only way to keep the Hogs going to WMS and LR. Eventually the Hogs may indeed move all their SEC games up to Fayetteville (for recruiting and economic purposes that have been hashed and rehashed here and elsewhere ad infinitum.)

It would only make sense to play in LR against ASU to keep the presence in Central Arkansas. Guaranteed to generate interest and a sellout.

Funny, I never would have dreamed myself actually even THINKING that even 10 years ago. Times have changed, though.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

MTBrookHog

What is also pathetic is some fans would rather beat Texas than beat Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc. Back when we beat Texas and then went 0 for October, some of our fan were still overjoyed with the "big" win. We also made a spectacle of ourselves after the game with the antics our players did. I was at the WNIT game. The first thought that came to my mind was this is how Texas feels when we beat them. 

aar0n

Are there any NCAA laws that say we couldnt hold a preseason "scrimmage" against them instead of one of our red/white scrimmages?  If so, I think this would be the best option for both teams.  That way no one takes it too seriously and the UofA does get a little bit of a benefit from it. They can finally put their practice to work while facing an opposing defense/offense they haven't played against every day for the last month. It would also allow both teams to evaluate talent much better.

Root66

September 03, 2009, 12:55:40 pm #48 Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:54:37 pm by Root66
Quote from: SgtPepper on September 03, 2009, 09:47:06 am
Speaking as an ASU fan, I have to say I think it was an incredibly stupid statement that the women's basketball coach made, if indeed that is what she said.  Having said that, I also have to question the motivation of an ASU student who attends an ASU pep rally and then goes on a UofA message board and repeats what was said there.

Speaking for myself and most of the ASU fans that I know, we don't concern ourselves too much with the UofA.  We understand and accept that the game isn't going to be played anytime soon and we understand that sitting around complaining and wringing our hands about it is counterproductive.  We have our own row to hoe, namely concentrating on winning the Sun Belt conference.  We are also incredibly frustrated with those ASU fans that do seem to be obsessed with the UofA.

None of which explains why YOU are over on a UofA message board being counterproductive.

ruby2sdaynar

Quote from: Rocktownhog on September 03, 2009, 12:29:25 pm
UofA playing AR St. doesnt benefit us at all. We arent competing for the same recruits, If we win, no big deal, we were supposed to. But, If by some chance that hell happened to freeze over that day and we lost, then it would be a nightmare for us. AR St. would be the only beneficiaries from this game.

So who benefits from U of A playing La Monroe, North Texas, FIU, and Troy?

Wouldn't it be a nightmare to  lose to any SBC school? Makes no difference which SBC school it was.

Quote from: donewithdale on September 03, 2009, 12:12:09 pm
Mo St works out fine.  Nebraska and Iowa can pay for ASU's program. 

So its ok to pay for programs in Missouri, Michigan and Alabama?
You really want Arkansas dollars being used to support other states?