Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All POST ABOUT....UCA Shooting (UPDATED)

Started by Razor6, October 26, 2008, 10:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback541

Man that is my home town never thought something like that would happen there.

Hawgndaaz

i am hearing the foxrun shooting was a retaliation, and 1-2 dead there.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Classes at UCA have been canceled for tomorrow. Still limited access

Razor6

Quote from: razorback541 on October 26, 2008, 11:23:59 pm
Man that is my home town never thought something like that would happen there.

Me too.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 26, 2008, 11:24:25 pm
i am hearing the foxrun shooting was a retaliation, and 1-2 dead there.

What do you mean retaliation? Like the original suspects are still on a rampage?

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 26, 2008, 11:26:22 pm
Retaliation for the first shooting? Are these students involved or not?

Not sure, I am getting this through a few different unrelated students. One of em saw a bunch of arguing right before the shooting happened. I am assuming they were students.

Razor6

doo-ran

Quote from: mhunterg13 on October 26, 2008, 11:22:08 pm
I go to school there too, all of my friends are on facebook, the school is on lockdown, nobody can leave, so everyone is on facebook and text messaging.. there were shootings in front of state, which i think are dorms, and one in front of the fox run apartments.. prayers go out to everyone involved.
State Hall, Arkansas Hall, and Snow Fine Arts are all within 20yds of one another.

Razor6

hei5manhog

I used to live in AR hall, lets just say I'm not as shocked as everyone else. Obviously its a shocking situation, but it's just as likely there as it is anywhere in the country.  Noone ever thinks this type of thing is going to happen. 
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Razor6

Local news in central Arkansas covering anything on TV?

hei5manhog

Quote from: Razor6 on October 26, 2008, 11:38:06 pm

supposedly theres a presser going on right now and it'll be aired shortly
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

doo-ran

KATV is running a ticker right now. They didn't have much to report in the 10:00 hour. I'm sure they'll break in soon.

Devil_Dog

fox 16 news said they would break into tv when something develop

LMATH

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/arkansas.shootings/index.html

CNN confirmed that "One person died on the scene and the second died at Conway Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said."

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

LMATH

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

My sister (who lives in Bear Village, but thankfully is out of town this weekend) just said 3 died at Fox Run and a shooting happened at Stadium Park.

Where the hell are the police at?

Razor6

Hope all UCA guys and gals... And Conway members/family members are okay.

HOGSWEAT

Sounds like a gang war... geez... My prayers are with everyone

colbs

I heard about the ones in stadium park.  I called my friend that lived there and he said he hasnt heard any shots.  So who knows

jwhite_13

There was definately NOTHING in Stadium Park

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: AR Taco04 on October 26, 2008, 11:48:19 pm
Sounds like a gang war... geez... My prayers are with everyone

My assessment as well.  While no life is worth losing, I certainly hope no bystanders got in the crossfire.

Bacon out...

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Scary crap if the related shootings thing is true.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingoftherapids

chortle

Quote from: Wildhog on October 27, 2008, 12:06:27 am
I'm not allowed back to my apartment....

You should be boning up for your Econ test anyway.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: Wildhog on October 27, 2008, 12:06:27 am
I'm not allowed back to my apartment....
Are you one of the ones stuck at the library?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Wildhog on October 27, 2008, 12:11:35 am
University Park.  They've closed off that and Bear Village.

Yea, my g/f lives in Bear village and she said that they are on lockdown like everyone else is on campus.

jwhite_13

They let the people in the library out a long time ago....I had a couple of friends that were originally stuck in there

Devil_Dog

October 27, 2008, 12:24:07 am #83 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:25:46 am by Devil_Dog
i have a friend on campus and she there has been 3 shootings and 10 comfimerd deaths..i dont know how true that is but shes on campus so take it for whats its worth

Razor6

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 27, 2008, 12:24:57 am
I think that's panic-fueled rumors. Nowhere near that number of injuries, let alone deaths have been reported yet.

I second your statement (based upon my sources).

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: Devil_Dog on October 27, 2008, 12:24:07 am
i have a friend on campus and she there has been 3 shootings and 10 comfimerd deaths..i dont know how true that is but shes on campus so take it for whats its worth

I heard the same thing from my friend stuck in Bear Village.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 27, 2008, 12:24:57 am
I think that's panic-fueled rumors. Nowhere near that number of injuries, let alone deaths have been reported yet.

I think so too. The only thing that has been confirmed so far is the original shooting outside of Arkansas Hall. I've heard rumors from people of shootings in up to five different places, but so far they've all turned out to be false.
Prayers to the victims and their friends/family

Ashley

there isn't any local news coverage...

you would think they could update their web sites
"I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure." Mark Twain

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Yeah, really. I'm sure the families of UCA students are waiting to hear something definitive.

Razor6

I assume we will know more at the Morning News reports...

Too bad not more info as of now.

I hope there are some major searches going on.

If it "was" a white car that pulled in...  Does UCA have cameras on campus.  Does Conway have cameras over their intersections/stop lights?

Thanks.

kingoftherapids

I can't believe their isn't a station with "Breaking News"

WB2

Fox 16 just reported 3 men were shot, two died and the other was treated.
When you hit homeruns, you don't have to run as hard.

ijustpork

October 27, 2008, 12:40:10 am #92 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:42:51 am by mallard05
I heard other than the drive by at state hall (3 shot) 2 confirmed...that there shootings at fox run apts which I know of a guy who lives there thats is from pine bluff. (supposedly the shooters are from the bluff) It gets real when it happens close to home. Conway is my birthplace and I've lived here my whole life. Its a shame. Prayers sent! I hope the catch all the bastages.

Ashley

"I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure." Mark Twain

Razor6

jcam61

October 27, 2008, 12:46:15 am #95 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:00:07 am by Triple P
Heres the email in case anyone was wondering...   God Bless.

The UCA Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred on
campus.  At present there are four suspects.  One suspect is in custody.

THE CAMPUS IS CLOSED.  ALL HOUSING FACILITIES ARE RESTRICTED TO
RESIDENTS ONLY.

Lieutenant Jeremy Crabb
Commander, Support Services Division
University of Central Arkansas Police Department

Phone: 501.450.3111
Fax: 501.450.5729

ijustpork

ijustpork

October 27, 2008, 01:21:06 am #97 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:31:43 am by mallard05
I got names but will not post them...Word is that one of the victims went to pine bluffs homecoming and got into it with a few people. Shooters believed to be from pine bluff. Tonight: White Rodeo followed one victim to state hall where there was reported 6 shots fired. 1 dead...2 others taken to hospital where another died..3rd victim was shot in the leg and was released. 1 suspect is in custody..3 others are on the run but i've heard several reports of police on campus holding a man at gun point.(not confirmed)

Dirty

HogginAllDay&Nite

maaaan its crazy down here, got the school on lock down, no classes tomorrow...very scary situation, there not letting anyone leave or come in....3 victims, 2 dead, one been released, 4 suspects, one is caught, yes there was another shooting down the street at Fox Run, tryna keep my ears open on that one....keep us in yalls prayers....
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All