Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southern Miss VS. ASU-J

Started by The real Hogules, September 13, 2008, 07:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZRBack_FAN

Plenty of reasons forme not to pull for state. I get tired of heaing aout a second rate team that was 2-0 for the first time since 1986 i believe. If it werent for the Red Wolf fans that got on the radio last week and Cried about how they never get any coverage i might pull for them. I just get tiredof ASU thinking they are something, Your second rate not many peple in this state even care if you guys have a team or not. Learn to accept your place, Id put you behind UCA as far as that goes anyway.

hoghearted

Then Charger why the h#ll are you in this thread, if you could care less?

I'm sick of both sides b*tching about the other, and folks like you who stir it by calling the other second rate, and saying 'learn your place'.  Just leave it alone.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Kicking Wing

Quote from: hoghearted on September 14, 2008, 07:55:02 am
Then Charger why the h#ll are you in this thread, if you could care less?

I'm sick of both sides b*tching about the other, and folks like you who stir it by calling the other second rate, and saying 'learn your place'.  Just leave it alone.
I agree.  Charger is a jerk and WRONG.

TLFHAWG

Quote from: razorbackmkh on September 13, 2008, 08:33:51 pm
I never knew U of A fans had such disdain for stAte. I can't help but root for them. The majority of them are AR kids that would've loved to be Hogs. Maybe the were overlooked by the former "regime" or maybe they didn't have SEC talent, but they're still local kids. Can't say I'd root for them against the Hogs but I always hope they pull out the win against the likes of the Aggies and Bama. Just don't get the hostility towards a program that everyone states is "second rate". That is like the Giants worrying about the Philly Soul. That is, if they are as "second rate" as most on this board contend. I'm for the Red Wolves all the way, until they play the hogs. I don't think that day will come. Glad to see another program doing well in the state, I think it says a lot for the progression of our high school programs.
Very well put.

hogbalz

I never knew U of A fans had such disdain for stAte. I can't help but root for them. The majority of them are AR kids that would've loved to be Hogs. Maybe the were overlooked by the former "regime" or maybe they didn't have SEC talent, but they're still local kids. Can't say I'd root for them against the Hogs but I always hope they pull out the win against the likes of the Aggies and Bama. Just don't get the hostility towards a program that everyone states is "second rate". That is like the Giants worrying about the Philly Soul. That is, if they are as "second rate" as most on this board contend. I'm for the Red Wolves all the way, until they play the hogs. I don't think that day will come. Glad to see another program doing well in the state, I think it says a lot for the progression of our high school programs.

+1. I am a Razorback fan first and foremost but I will always pull for any school in my homestate.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Ceba

I can't root for ASU because of their fans behavior toward the Razorbacks.  Do you not remember the bumper stickers of the indian chasing the Hog that said "How long can the Hogs run"?
I also attended some of their games when I was in high school.  When the Hogs would lose their fans would cheer.  Now how can I possibly support them?

Ceba

Quote from: asuato on September 14, 2008, 01:52:35 am
Thanks to everyone for pulling for stAte. Lots of nice posts here about the Red Wolves. There's no reason why we as fans cant pull FOR each other if were not PLAYING each other. What was the deal with Auburn and MS State? 3-2...geez.
UCA would beat ASU's butt.

hoghearted

I don't let some jackhole fans influence who I root for.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Ceba

Quote from: berryhog on September 13, 2008, 08:13:53 pm
If you don't freakin' like it, don't read it. 
Can you read?  The forum says "RAZORBACK DISCUSSION".  So where does it say ASU discussion?

hoghearted

Quote from: Ceba on September 14, 2008, 12:51:27 pm
Can you read?  The forum says "RAZORBACK DISCUSSION".  So where does it say ASU discussion?

Look again.

Title of the forum is Monday Morning Quarterback.

spiritof92

Quote from: Ceba on September 14, 2008, 12:48:18 pm

Yeah, right.  Apparently you've not been keeping up to date on college football lately.  UCA blew out UAPB (woo hoo) and took care of Henderson St., stAte shot themselves in the foot against So. Miss(should have won that one) and beat Texas A&M.     

RayZorbak

Quote from: Ceba on September 14, 2008, 12:46:21 pm
I can't root for ASU because of their fans behavior toward the Razorbacks.  Do you not remember the bumper stickers of the indian chasing the Hog that said "How long can the Hogs run"?
I also attended some of their games when I was in high school.  When the Hogs would lose their fans would cheer.  Now how can I possibly support them?
Ceba....I would agree w/u that there are some (very few) hardcore ASU fans that do like seeing the hogs lose, but there are an equal if not more amount of hog fans that feel the same way about ASU. I live in Jonesboro and I find myself getting into arguments w/those same ASU fans, but I would say the majority of the stAte fans also support the HOGS, just as I do. I will continue to cheer on HOGS, stAte, UCA, or any in state program cause I'm an college football fan and more importantly, and Arkansan

1highhog

I wish to offer condolences to any ASU fans that read this, your team is doing the state proud this year.  I root for all instate schools to do well but my love is for the Hogs and always will.

jrw11475

Quote from: Ceba on September 14, 2008, 12:48:18 pm

You must be as drunk as that fool in your avatar.

Mr. Porkleone

September 14, 2008, 03:50:13 pm #64 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:39:33 pm by Mr. Porkleone
Quote from: ChargerHog on September 14, 2008, 05:29:11 am
Plenty of reasons forme not to pull for state. I get tired of heaing aout a second rate team that was 2-0 for the first time since 1986 i believe. If it werent for the Red Wolf fans that got on the radio last week and Cried about how they never get any coverage i might pull for them. I just get tiredof ASU thinking they are something, Your second rate not many peple in this state even care if you guys have a team or not. Learn to accept your place, Id put you behind UCA as far as that goes anyway.

+1...

I wonder if KARK will run there poll this week now that the mighty Red Wolves lost....Arkansas will be #1 always and the ones that feel they should pull for other teams, more power to ya...I root for Hogs and no one else...We still have nothing to gain from playing AState....It's ok not to like the other schools.

saturnthegiant

Yeah, you say it's ok not to like the other schools, then why is it so amazing that a few, and i emphasize FEW, who don't like the Hogs?  I don't see how anybody that calls themselves an Arkansan can't support both schools, they are no threat to one another!

elksnort

Quote from: ChargerHog on September 14, 2008, 05:29:11 am

You are a thoughtful fellow.

asuato

While Im a stAte guy first I've always supported UA and have wanted them to win all their games. I have no axes to grind with any administration or AD. Bottom line we are both playing well, winning and doing the state proud this year. Like has been said in earlier posts the vast majority of fans on either side arent haters. Go Red Wolves and Go Hogs!

saintchristopher

Red Wolves riding high
Southern rolls in Jonesboro
ASU still sux

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hoghearted on September 14, 2008, 12:52:18 pm
Look again.

Title of the forum is Monday Morning Quarterback.
Forums page says:

Monday Morning Quarterback - For All Your Razorback Sports Discussion

General Sports - For All Your Non-Razorback Related Takes

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 14, 2008, 03:50:13 pm

+1...

I wonder if KARK will run there poll this week now that the mighty Red Wolves lost....Arkansas will be #1 always and the ones that feel they should pull for other teams, more power to ya...I root for Hogs and no one else...We still have nothing to gain from playing AState....It's ok not to like the other schools.

I'm not agruing with you but what does the UofA have to gain from playing damn near every other Sun Belt team? Especially playing one in Little Rock and counting it as a home game for them. Your arguement is tired.

Kicking Wing