Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you feel if Richardson coached ASU?

Started by VoR, March 04, 2008, 03:26:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VoR

From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

cosmodrum

Good for ASU, and happy that Nolan is back coaching in Ark.

This could really boost ASU's recruiting and ticket sales if it happened.
Go away, batin'

HogISH™

why would he go to arizona state? he likes arkansas...

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

guy8699

VoR

Quote from: HogISH™ on March 04, 2008, 03:29:17 pm
why would he go to arizona state? he likes arkansas...

HogISH

How dare they put a State U. in Ariz., sounds like a Pac-10 conspiracy.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

deshahawg

We'd find out if he still has it. Lots of speculation that Anderson was the engine behind the train.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: deshahawg on March 04, 2008, 04:01:27 pm
We'd find out if he still has it. Lots of speculation that Anderson was the engine behind the train.

Who was the engine when Anderson was just a guard for Nolan then?  Granted his assistants were top notch.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

CorningHog

Well speculate all you want about who was the engine.  Nolan was and still is a great basketball coach.  Go ask Anderson yourself.

I would be a little disappointed, not for Nolan or for ASU, but it would be a reminder that Nolan didn't get to go out like he wanted to and selfishly I want him to be remembered for his coaching the Hogs!

However, if he could go over and establish ASU into a force in their conference, very quickly and to get their attendance up to 10,000 + and get their mens program into a real "revenue" producer and show them what "real" baskeball looks like, ala the days of his Razorbacks, that would be awesome, for him!

Plus, could you imagine the publicity for ASU, as well as the opportunity to instantly begin recruiting Memphis for ASU?  I can guarantee that it would be tough, but if anyone could do it, Richardson can.

If Nolan wants this, I am all for him doing it.  I guess we will see soon enough!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

spudhog

i would love for him to coach again but i am not sold on him being so close to the uofa. i am afraid he's going to revert to his old ways of landing some good recruits and he might start with some of the home grown talent.

but, i just want to see if he can still do it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: CorningHog on March 04, 2008, 04:29:14 pm
Well speculate all you want about who was the engine.  Nolan was and still is a great basketball coach.  Go ask Anderson yourself.

I would be a little disappointed, not for Nolan or for ASU, but it would be a reminder that Nolan didn't get to go out like he wanted to and selfishly I want him to be remembered for his coaching the Hogs!

However, if he could go over and establish ASU into a force in their conference, very quickly and to get their attendance up to 10,000 + and get their mens program into a real "revenue" producer and show them what "real" baskeball looks like, ala the days of his Razorbacks, that would be awesome, for him!

Plus, could you imagine the publicity for ASU, as well as the opportunity to instantly begin recruiting Memphis for ASU?  I can guarantee that it would be tough, but if anyone could do it, Richardson can.

If Nolan wants this, I am all for him doing it.  I guess we will see soon enough!

Nolan will always be remembered for coaching Arkansas. Rick Pitino has had some good teams at Louisville, but will be remembered for coaching UK.
Go away, batin'

KY Hog Man

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 04, 2008, 04:38:22 pm
Nolan will always be remembered for coaching Arkansas. Rick Pitino has had some good teams at Louisville, but will be remembered for coaching UK.

That is no longer the case up here.  Kentucky fans denounce him and Louisville fans adore him.   

razor2008

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 04, 2008, 04:38:22 pm

You are wrong about that one big time

cosmodrum

Quote from: KY Hog Man on March 04, 2008, 04:47:57 pm

That is no longer the case up here.  Kentucky fans denounce him and Louisville fans adore him.  

Sure, but I'm speaking in national terms. When college bball as a whole looks back on Pitino's career, barring Louisville becoming dominant for a lengthy term, RP will be remembered as the KY coach. The one behind Rupp, of course.
Go away, batin'

farmhawg

Great for both Nolan and the school. At least it wouldn't be in the SEC.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BealeStreetHog

It kills me that there are so many people scared ASU may do good!  ASU gets about 50,000 dollars from their conference.  I think the SEC gives about 10 MILLION and people are worried about ASU and Richardson. 

It would be great if ASU could do well!

Come on give me a break!   :puke:

GOAT

I'd be very happy to see Nolan coaching again at the NCAA level, and I'm sure he'd do well.  I think there's still plenty of gas left in that tank, and I can assure you that the ASU - UALR game in Little Rock would be a very hot ticket.  There's still lots of love for Nolan, and rightfully so.  Outside of track this man brought us the most success anyone that's coached in the last 40+ years can claim, and with all due respect I don't see folks lining up for track tickets.

Nolan, if you take that job good luck to you sir.  I will certainly look at the ASU scores and rooting for you.

Holla,
GOAT

chog68

I hope for nothing but good things for Nolan. If ASU is what he wants, then more power to him. I kinda thought his last stop would be the NBA, but he does love Arkansas.

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

toshortrock

good for nolan,,i like nolan,we all have or had problems,,,but as u see life goes on and does not wait for no one
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

MJ2

Quote from: deshahawg on March 04, 2008, 04:01:27 pm

Nolan was successful long before Mike was ever around.

MJ2

Nolan would be instant credibility for a program that needs a huge boost.

I would definitely be in favor of it and I would expect him to win- very quickly.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

tolerati

I think it would be a great thing for Nolan, the State of Arkansas and college basketball in general. I hope it works out.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

sooieet

I was glad when he left the U of A, but if he signs on at ASU I'd be likely to go watch a game or two. 

deshahawg

No one said he wasn't a good coach. Espeically his style of pressure. It is completely unmatched in college basketball.

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

memphishog

i would love to see him in jonesboro, and i'd love it even more if we could start an instate series. on a side note about nolan, he has to have seen what Calipari has done in Memphis. A school in a weak conference. You put Nolan at a school so close to Memphis, with kids looking to prove they should have been recruited by Cal, in a weak conference, with no expectations....expect him to win early and often. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

dchoss

if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

memphishog

Sivad

Could care less where he is or what he's doing.

Just glad he and his hate are no longer connected to the UA, the school he tried to destroy with his baseless lawsuits and appeals.

LM RZRBCK 29

I think it would be a lot of fun if he coached ASU. Especially if we could work out a series between the teams. I doubt it would happen for a while but man...could you imagine the emotion put into that game?
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

friendian69

Wouldn't bother me, b/c he won't be able to beat Pel's Razorbacks!!! 

jjsam

fiercefiasco

I wish the best for Nolan no matter what he does.  I am glad that if decides to coach again his talents are staying instate.

hoggydog

you know i would love for nolan to get that job and for him do good,  but for all you anti asu cry baby woosies it wouldn't bother me if we played them and got beat! because if we can't out play or recruit the other team we deserve to LOSE! nolan got us were we are don't forget that. >:(

Robby H

This afternoon I was talking to one of my buddies about the game tonight, and how I hope we win cause we sure do need it, blah, blah, blah, and he comes back with "There's still a part of me that wants to see the U of A struggle in Basketball, I just couldn't stand Nolan Richardson!"
    We talked a while about it and the thing that struck me the most about it is that there are still some people walking around in our fair state who still don't get it. Yeah sure, Nolan was a windbag and spoke out of turn all the time, but it seams that people forget too quickly that the man won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP one year and got us back to the finals the next year! Has this been done at the University in any MAJOR sport in the last 50 years?!? Not to mention the fact that much of his gripes that seemed so over the top at the time, now look like a rational explanation of things in light of all that has happened on the hill in the last 2 football seasons. Of course there was a double standard, or course there was two sets of rules- one for Nolan/Stan and one for Nutt and the boys, but yet there are still some out there who can't let it go. I for one, found myself doing something today that 13 years ago I would have never dreamt I would be doing, defending Nolan to a fellow Hog Fan.
   By the way, anybody want to bet that there won't be any smart rational fan defending Nutt's tenure in 13 years?   
"Have you for so long eaten of the scraps from [Frank's] table that you've missed your God-Given right to something more!?!"   

-William Wallace, Scottish Rebel and Hogfan

farmhawg

I believe Florida would be there in terms of repeating, of course they won both years.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Sivad on March 04, 2008, 06:22:51 pm

Just glad he and his hate are no longer connected to the UA, the school he tried to destroy with his baseless lawsuits and appeals.

You don't think that Paw Paw and the U of A were not racist?  Why do you think they hired Heath?  They had to hire a black coach to "prove" Richardson was "wrong".  Then they wouldn't let Heath finish out with his recruiting class.  Nolan hit the nail on the head.  Heath was a pawn.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Robby H

Yeah I meant at OUR UNIVERISTY. Sorry for being unclear.
"Have you for so long eaten of the scraps from [Frank's] table that you've missed your God-Given right to something more!?!"   

-William Wallace, Scottish Rebel and Hogfan

HamHands

I live in J'boro, and I would love to have Nolan. He could get some Memphis recruits and maybe make some noise. It would be exciting. Can't we have enough love in our heart for both teams? I keep up with both, but my true love is the Hogs. It is time to rest the stupid petty state rivalry.
One day at a time.

Throwback1

I'm not afraid of Nolan or ASU...he will make ASU better, little doubt about that...if Nolan and ASU make it work, fine with me.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

beachhawg

Quote from: spudhog on March 04, 2008, 04:31:50 pm
i would love for him to coach again but i am not sold on him being so close to the uofa. i am afraid he's going to revert to his old ways of landing some good recruits and he might start with some of the home grown talent.

but, i just want to see if he can still do it.

Wouldnt it be cool though that instead of us losing a recruit to another school that we at least get them in state?

I am all for it.  I think basketball is an okay situation for the U of A and ASU to mix it up.  No other sport, but Basketball.

razorzapp

i think nolan would do well at asu.  his style of play would work well again at a mid major level where he could just recruit athletes.  i've always thought his problem on the hill was that eventually lots of teams started to play his style so therefore more teams learned to handle it.

and when his recruiting went downhill he no longer had the talent to excel at his style of play.

prairiehogcompanion

Great hire for ASU!

Would have been a great hire for us, now that the dinosaurs have thinned out.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

go ahead and go to ASU, they will STILL suck a$$ and STILL will not make the tournament and will STILL put about 1000 fans in the stands and will STILL never in a million years compete for the NCAA championship nor will ever be a topic... pffffff!

TransAmHawg

Quote from: Sivad on March 04, 2008, 06:22:51 pm

well said +1
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

phadedhawg

I'm all for it!

ASU would then be my 2nd favorite team.

HangTenHog

No offense to folks that have strong opinions...but, I don't see any relevance to the razorbacks, one way or the other.

On a personal level, I think that Nolan was perhaps more right about his "issues" than we care to admit. I'm not too happy about how it played out though. Still, I suppose we cannot judge till we've walked in his moccasins. I have no doubt that Nolan's fire still burns in his belly. To be honest, even with the shunning from major programs, I'm a bit surprised that he has interest in ASU. I think he could get a better program.

I have no doubt that he would turn them around though.

So, my position....none of our business and if it works well for Nolan, then good.