Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why no support AState.

Started by cdhogfan, October 29, 2007, 11:57:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cdhogfan

Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest.  Sell out Indian Stadium while leaving empty seats at RRS.  I think that would surely tick the PTB off.

And if you go to an AState game support the Indians while you are there.  Don't be there as a UA fan in protest.

pigmania

Not as long as a Nutt is on the payroll.

The Great Hambino

Because AState Indians are not my Hogs. 

John Futrall

tulsadst

cdhogfan

Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 11:59:15 am

I'm talking about doing it for the good of the Hogs.

If people are boycotting the games in protest of Nutt.  By raising attendance at AState's games this will farther show how upset people are.

MinowBucket

The Great Hambino

I'm all for ASU doing well.  I'd like to see them play the hogs in Little Rock each year, losing of course.  I'd like to see them win the only conference that the Hogs can seem to dominate year in and year out under Nutt.  Hell, I grew up Jonesboro.  My parents live 10 mins from the stadium.  I remember when ASU had a trailer park on the campus for students to live in.  Granted, they were married, but still, a [CENSORED] trailer park.  That eyesore was only recently removed I believe.  My brother graduated from ASU.  Good for him.  As much as I try to be apathetic about the situation on the Hill, I just can't.  I've stopped giving money.  I've stopped going to the games, and it sucks.  But, I'd rather listen to the morons on the radio or watch the Hogs run up the middle on ESPN than to go to an ASU game and give my support elsewhere.

Big Papa Satan

I hate ASU and I wish their football program was dead.

This is coming from an ASU alumni.

bigyellowdog

Who is this AState you speak of?

THHAWG

ASU has a nice looking campus now.  I lived in the trailers for a couple of years.  I have always rooted for both programs.

cdhogfan

I'm telling you if AState had a higher attendance than the Hogs for just one game then Nutt will be gone.

Big Papa Satan

ASU has nice housing for the married students now.

bigyellowdog

Can we trade band directors with them?

dorkanddiana

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 29, 2007, 12:10:02 pm
I hate ASU and I wish their football program was dead.

This is coming from an ASU alumni.

I'll second both of those points.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: bigyellowdog on October 29, 2007, 12:15:19 pm

We can give them HDN to be their new band director, we can take theres to be ours, and our band director can be the new football coach!  He could probably outcoach Nutt.

want2bhogfan

I was unable to attend the game this weekend in Fayetteville because my oldest son had Halloween parties to attend and we were playing FIU.  The weather was perfect for a football game on Saturday and I looooooooooove football, even though I am a girl.  I wanted to go to a game so bad, but just could not make myself go to the ASU game.  I am 20 minutes from the Stadium.  I hope that have a great team every year and I hope they win the Sun Belt Conference but they are not the HOGS and I would rather drive 4.5 hours and spend $100+  on hotel rooms than drive that 20 min and watch the Indians!

Go Hogs!

tulsadst

A Tulsa to Jonesboro trek for a game to protest the current situation?...Not going to happen...

Nothing against AState, but NO THANKS.

Tripod1

I remember those trailers.  I won't go to AState game but am all for going to UCA game.  Of course that was where I attened school.  And btw, I was married my senior year and lived in, you guessed it, their married students housing, trailers!!  That has all changed now and they most certainly have one of the most exciting offenses around.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 12:17:14 pm

We can give them HDN to be their new band director, we can take theres to be ours, and our band director can be the new football coach!  He could probably outcoach Nutt.

Actually, I was serious with that question.  When I was in high school, ASU's current band director was the director for my high school.  Hold on, my bad.  We all know that high school folks cannot cut it in the SEC.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: bigyellowdog on October 29, 2007, 12:20:06 pm
Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 12:17:14 pm

Actually, I was serious with that question.  When I was in high school, ASU's current band director was the director for my high school.  Hold on, my bad.  We all know that high school folks cannot cut it in the SEC.

As long as he can be pushed off a podium as good as ours after a big SEC win against some Mississippi school.

cdhogfan

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 29, 2007, 12:19:27 pm
Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:13:44 pm
I'm telling you if AState had a higher attendance than the Hogs for just one game then Nutt will be gone.

AState stadium seats 30,500.  RRS 72,000.

So that would mean there would have to be a lot of empty seats at RRS.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:22:13 pm

And they said your ASU degree wasn't work much.... :)

cdhogfan

Quote from: sggrant323 on October 29, 2007, 12:23:40 pm
Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:22:13 pm

And they said your ASU degree wasn't work much.... :)

They call me captain obvious.

Actually I thought he was trying to say that it couldn't be done.

dorkanddiana

Quote from: want2bhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:17:36 pm
I was unable to attend the game this weekend in Fayetteville because my oldest son had Halloween parties to attend and we were playing FIU.  The weather was perfect for a football game on Saturday and I looooooooooove football, even though I am a girl.  I wanted to go to a game so bad, but just could not make myself go to the ASU game.  I am 20 minutes from the Stadium.  I hope that have a great team every year and I hope they win the Sun Belt Conference but they are not the HOGS and I would rather drive 4.5 hours and spend $100+  on hotel rooms than drive that 20 min and watch the Indians!

Go Hogs!

Don't feel like your alone. I can drive to ASU's stadium in 10 minutes from my house.

Conway Cool Daddy

I would say the same for UCA, but they already sell out. They don't need to beg like Indian Native American
Indigenous Peoples fans.

Seriously, if you guys want to see a fun football game with lots of offense check out UCA. They aren't big time football, but it is pretty darn entertaining.

Silver Hog

Right now your hogs are not your hogs either.

cdhogfan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 29, 2007, 12:32:24 pm
I would say the same for UCA, but they already sell out. They don't need to beg like Indian Native American
Indigenous Peoples fans.

Seriously, if you guys want to see a fun football game with lots of offense check out UCA. They aren't big time football, but it is pretty darn entertaining.

Or you could just go watch your local High School Football team.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:49:00 pm
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 29, 2007, 12:32:24 pm
Indigenous Peoples fans.

Or you could just go watch your local High School Football team.

No can do.... Too tempted by the cheerleaders. :)

anthonytkr

The Hawg Marshal

Not many people go to ASU games. Even those of us that live here. I can see the football stadium from where i work. Still not gonna go. You have no idea how some of these people hate the Hogs. I used to try to support both teams but I was told that I couldn't be for both. Easy decision for me. WPSMN

Gas Can

Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 12:04:31 pm

I'm talking about doing it for the good of the Hogs.

If people are boycotting the games in protest of Nutt.  By raising attendance at AState's games this will farther show how upset people are.

Just burn your tickets and watch on TV.

havok

To me..watching an A-State game would be like watching a Soccer Game..  No interest what-so-ever.

dorkanddiana

Quote from: havok on October 29, 2007, 01:01:15 pm

To me..watching an A-State game would be like watching a Soccer Game..  No interest what-so-ever.

Well now I wouldn't go that far, I'd be rooting like hell for the other team. It'll never happen though because I will not give one cent of my money to ASU.

solix

Quote from: JBRHOGfan on October 29, 2007, 12:56:11 pm
Not many people go to ASU games. Even those of us that live here. I can see the football stadium from where i work. Still not gonna go. You have no idea how some of these people hate the Hogs. I used to try to support both teams but I was told that I couldn't be for both. Easy decision for me. WPSMN
being the moron i am and thinking about the stadium i was going to say "yeah right do you work at the fire station" then i looked at your avatar.  do they still have the pavilion there? i heard it was going to get torn down

biggiepiggie

Quote from: THHAWG on October 29, 2007, 12:12:48 pm
ASU has a nice looking campus now.  I lived in the trailers for a couple of years.  I have always rooted for both programs.

I was born and raised in Fayetteville, a life long Hog fan, but I always liked the
Indians and always pulled for them to win.  I think we should play them.  They're
playing with Arkansas kids that probably would have liked to have been at the
U of A but couldn't get it.  Arkansas is Arkansas.  I like all the Universities in
this state and can't imagine hating one of them.

dorkanddiana

Quote from: biggiepiggie on October 29, 2007, 01:23:01 pm
Quote from: THHAWG on October 29, 2007, 12:12:48 pm

I was born and raised in Fayetteville, a life long Hog fan, but I always liked the
Indians and always pulled for them to win.  I think we should play them.  They're
playing with Arkansas kids that probably would have liked to have been at the
U of A but couldn't get it.  Arkansas is Arkansas.  I like all the Universities in
this state and can't imagine hating one of them.

You haven't spent much time around the 4-5,000 ASU fans obviously.

rodgre

UCA > ASU

Not a bad idea, just the wrong team to support.
Go Hogs!

The Great Hambino

My thing is, I would rather see the Hogs beat the piss out of AState than FIU, Troy, or any other assclown sunbelt team.  Plus, AState would play us for free, so we could use that money towards Nutt's buyout and paying a top caliber coach in the future.

secfan30

Quote from: JBRHOGfan on October 29, 2007, 12:56:11 pm

I have ran into this too. In the past I went to an ASU game or 2 and one time The hogs had won an early game the ASU Crowd Booed, the 2nd time the Hog's lost an early game and they cheered. When it got around that I was a Hog fan it was as bad as being a fan for the opposing team. I do not wish them bad, but i cannot support them. UCA would get my support before ASU would. In the end I am a Hog fan and would love to kick field goals with Nutt's..... well you know.

dmac4sainthood

So, what would it take...about 12 fans to sell out an astate game?

Bama Hog™

When they change their mascot I will start to cheer for them instead of the Hogs. I am thinking Arkansas State "Wild Boars" has a ring to it.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

darth sooie

I'll cheer for hendrix football, they should hire ken hatfield and start a program. Nothing wrong with d3 football, maybe he could play fred goldsmith's team in a game:

http://www.lrbears.com/football/bio/Goldsmith.htm

Dr Swineglove

My standard answer to Razorback apathy back in the Crowe/Ford days was the NFL and Hog bball.
I think the same formula will work now that I've dusted it off a bit.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Torqued pork

The only problem I have with ASU is they play in a insignificant conference full of insignificant teams.

rzrbaxfan

The only problem I have with it is that they are, well, ASU.  Seeing a sun belt team play a home game is probably less exciting than the FIU game.  Didn't ASU win a 3-0 game in OT once?  No thanks.

budcampbellfan

Nobody has a right to say "my Hogs" but nut.  Have you not heard the introduction at Razorback games?
"Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!" :'(
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

huntsducks

Trust me, there are better ways to protest against Nutt. Going to a stAte game isn't one of them. I've been to one, and it was one of the worst college football experiences I have ever witnessed.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

arktravlr

Quote from: cdhogfan on October 29, 2007, 11:57:50 am
Here is an idea.  Why not go to an AState game in protest. 

Jonesboro