Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Wallace and the right side of the OL.

Started by HogMantheIntruder, September 24, 2017, 12:02:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

With the massive problems we've been having at RT, why isn't BW getting any reps? Furthermore, last year, the right side of the line was pretty decent by year's end. Not great, but worlds better than what we have now, yet I don't recall seeing Gipson/Raulerson at RG with BW at LT at all so far. Can someone please explain the logic behind this?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

hoglady

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 24, 2017, 12:02:08 am
With the massive problems we've been having at RT, why isn't BW getting any reps? Furthermore, last year, the right side of the line was pretty decent by year's end. Not great, but worlds better than what we have now, yet I don't recall seeing Gipson/Raulerson at RG with BW at LT at all so far. Can someone please explain the logic behind this?

Must be in the doghouse - it's really the only logical explanation.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm really getting frickin tired of people being in the doghouse. That's just dumb.
This is my non-signature signature.

hoglady

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2017, 12:06:42 am
I'm really getting frickin tired of people being in the doghouse. That's just dumb.

I have no way of knowing whether he is or he isn't.
But I mean, what other explanation can there be?
It was absolutely horrible today - why would he not have at least been given a chance?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogMantheIntruder

If that's what it is, it better be serious, bc we have serious problems on that line. Game stats show that BW played at RG during the TCU game. What's up with that?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

theFlyingHog

Fat boy better be careful with his doghouse hurting the team because he's about to get fired. I heard people are starting to talk about flying banners again so you know it's getting bad.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 12:09:21 am
I have no way of knowing whether he is or he isn't.
But I mean, what other explanation can there be?
It was absolutely horrible today - why would he not have at least been given a chance?

In my prior career the performance and development of my subordinates was my responsibility. If they were not up to standard, I was held accountable.
This is my non-signature signature.

theFlyingHog

I think these players are too mild mannered. I'm 6' 270 and I guarantee you I could give AA four seconds in the pocket. You gotta be a mean, dirty SOB. You frick a guy up a couple times and he won't want anymore

JaketheSnake

They need to be going after some juco OL hard.  Full court press. 

Boardon Hamsay

I've heard that he has a lot of opportunities in identifying his blocking assignment. As in needs to be told in the huddle each play. Just what I've heard so TIFWIW.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 12:49:39 pm
I think these players are too mild mannered. I'm 6' 270 and I guarantee you I could give AA four seconds in the pocket. You gotta be a mean, dirty SOB. You frick a guy up a couple times and he won't want anymore
You don't get to bring your AR to the games when you're playing, bro.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

IronHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 24, 2017, 12:56:47 pm
I've heard that he has a lot of opportunities in identifying his blocking assignment. As in needs to be told in the huddle each play. Just what I've heard so TIFWIW.

And?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

MuskogeeHogFan

Need to probably ask Wallace that question. If he were setting himself apart as the clearly best option, he would be starting.
Go Hogs Go!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 24, 2017, 12:56:47 pm

Bull! He started 10 games last year. Did the offense change?

Toledo Hog

Before the season started I heard CBB describe the team as "calm" as if it was a good thing. When I think of good a football team, I don't think "calm".

ricepig

I hope you aren't flying today since you're drinking....

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 01:05:56 pm
Need to probably ask Wallace that question. If he were setting himself apart as the clearly best option, he would be starting.

I don't believe that

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Toledo Hog on September 24, 2017, 01:07:08 pm
Before the season started I heard CBB describe the team as "calm" as if it was a good thing. When I think of good a football team, I don't think "calm".
Yeah he also said they're "hungry". Apparently he just meant that Herb's diet for the team was lacking substance.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on September 24, 2017, 01:08:36 pm

I don't believe that

OK, you don't have to. Doesn't mean it isn't true. Trust me, Bielema knows his fat is in the fire (I don't mean that personally, just a saying) and he is going to play anyone that he thinks can give him the best chance to win. How any of you could think otherwise is beyond me. There aren't any conspiracy theories here.
Go Hogs Go!

elksnort

All the negative talk about the offense and I agree but yet we still scored 40 something points yesterday

Letsroll1200

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 01:15:14 pm
OK, you don't have to. Doesn't mean it isn't true. Trust me, Bielema knows his fat is in the fire (I don't mean that personally, just a saying) and he is going to play anyone that he thinks can give him the best chance to win. How any of you could think otherwise is beyond me. There aren't any conspiracy theories here.

Pride is a strange thing

theFlyingHog

Quote from: elksnort on September 24, 2017, 01:15:48 pm
All the negative talk about the offense and I agree but yet we still scored 40 something points yesterday
And we gave up 6, 7 sacks? If the passing game was there we score 60 in regulation.

elksnort

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 01:39:50 pm
And we gave up 6, 7 sacks? If the passing game was there we score 60 in regulation.
why did our passport action get better late in the game? Were A&m
defensive lineman getting tired?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: elksnort on September 24, 2017, 01:46:51 pm
why did our passport action get better late in the game? Were A&m
defensive lineman getting tired?
Customs and Border Patrol got their ish together. Heard they'd been having connectivity issues

elksnort

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 01:49:57 pm
Customs and Border Patrol got their ish together. Heard they'd been having connectivity issues
lol
Predictive typing.

longpig

It's the Anderson effect.  The more he's coached a player, the worse that player is.  It's why Freshman Clary was the starting RG and after a couple more weeks of Anderson he's slipped to backup.  Ragnow probably won't even get drafted.
Don't be scared, be smart.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: elksnort on September 24, 2017, 01:56:59 pm
lol
Predictive typing.
I was in fan mode and wasn't analyzing late but I'd guess they started selling out to stop the run. That's what I'd do until we prove we can pass it effectively.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Froholdt was in the same position last year but he was given the opportunity to learn on the job while making mistakes. Give brian wallace and jalen merrick that same chance.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

1highhog

Quote from: elksnort on September 24, 2017, 01:15:48 pm

Did you not watch the Aggie/UCLA game?  UCLA doesn't have a defense and neither do the Aggies, it wasn't hard scoring on them.  Why did we only score 7 on TCU if Texas A/M is so hot?

Bubba's Bruisers

Common sense says this is right on. 

Of course, he hasn't gotten the OL right yet, so no reason to believe he's right about Wallace.  I believe that's the rub.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Pharm

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 01:59:34 pm
It's the Anderson effect.  The more he's coached a player, the worse that player is.  It's why Freshman Clary was the starting RG and after a couple more weeks of Anderson he's slipped to backup.  Ragnow probably won't even get drafted.

This is ridiculous. Clary didn't get worse. He was only playing in the first place because we don't have any tackles and they wanted to let Gibson play RT, so Clary took his spot. Apparently Ramirez has been practicing better so they gave him a shot which moved Gibson back to guard, where he is better suited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:10:42 pm
Common sense says this is right on. 

Of course, he hasn't gotten the OL right yet, so no reason to believe he's right about Wallace.  I believe that's the rub.

Having been a college player and Coach I will say that if a player demonstrates that he is ready in practice during the game week (and especially in the spring and fall camp) he will get his shot. You have to earn it every day. Fail to step up and you fail to get your shot. Just because you are a 4 star when recruited doesn't mean that you automatically get into the starting line up. You have to earn it and you earn it by executing at a high level. If you can't do that, you continue to try. But there is no guarantee that you will ever earn a spot in the starting rotation.
Go Hogs Go!

HogHomer

So a top 3 center in the country is going to go undrafted?

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:21:02 pm
Having been a college player and Coach I will say that if a player demonstrates that he is ready in practice during the game week (and especially in the spring and fall camp) he will get his shot. You have to earn it every day. Fail to step up and you fail to get your shot. Just because you are a 4 star when recruited doesn't mean that you automatically get into the starting line up. You have to earn it and you earn it by executing at a high level. If you can't do that, you continue to try. But there is no guarantee that you will ever earn a spot in the starting rotation.

I watched BB give Collins chance after chance after messing up while cutting carries from clearly superior Williams.

Guy plays favorites.  Told y'all Clary would be on skates soon enough.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on September 24, 2017, 03:24:17 pm

I watched BB give Collins chance after chance after messing up while cutting carries from clearly superior Williams.

Guy plays favorites.  Told y'all Clary would be on skates soon enough.

Collins? I think that you are making suppositions.

That said, I am talking about the O-Line, not RB's.
Go Hogs Go!

IronHog

BB believes in "the process"

SEC is a results driven world though.......  Drop the marketing BS and go whip the guy across the line.

JaketheSnake

Froholdt?

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:26:00 pm
Collins?

Alex Collins

The guy that fumbled the game away vs Bama & Mizzou and got stuffed vs LSU & aTm.

They finally got a few meaningless good games out of him his last year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:21:02 pm

And nobody is arguing otherwise.  The arguement is whether or not BB is actually capable of discerning who should play.  And who should not.  It's a valid question given how bad it is.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  I'm just not naive enough to pretend that my coach, any coach, doesn't screw up...a lot.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on September 24, 2017, 03:28:24 pm

Alex Collins

The guy that fumbled the game away vs Bama & Mizzou and got stuffed vs LSU & aTm.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:26:00 pm
Collins? I think that you are making suppositions.

That said, I am talking about the O-Line, not RB's.
Go Hogs Go!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: IronHog on September 24, 2017, 03:28:24 pm

Alex Collins

82 yards for Baltimore yesterday.  The NFL needs to know they are wasting their time.

IronHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:30:20 pm
82 yards for Baltimore yesterday.  The NFL needs to know they are wasting their time.

Not bad for a journey man mid rounder.....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
And nobody is arguing otherwise.  The arguement is whether or not BB is actually capable of discerning who should play.  And who should not.  It's a valid question given how bad it is.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  I'm just not naive enough to pretend that my coach, any coach, doesn't screw up...a lot.

I should correct myself.  Replace "nobody" with "I'm".  I think Iron is arguing something different than I am.

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:29:59 pm

No he fumbled and went the wrong way on those plays.

He was a BIG reason BB had those pretty good teams that couldn't win.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:33:41 pm
I should correct myself.  Replace "nobody" with "I'm".  I think Iron is arguing something different than I am.

I don't know if it's stubbornness or something else.

I just know the guy has a history of questionable personal decisions.

Next coach needs to understand southern football culture better.

IronHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 24, 2017, 03:34:27 pm
What part of that was unclear to you?

Clearly a guy that knows what to do but cannot is better?

Have someone point out who to block at the line if you have to.....

PorkRinds

Uh....no. You couldn't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:28:55 pm

That's still a huge assumption when 1) you aren't a P-5 coach with either P-5 or NFL experience, and 2) you haven't been in practices and position meetings and seen how these kids matriculate at their individual positions on a day-by-day basis.

I haven't either, but I have to believe that they know more than I do.
Go Hogs Go!