Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what CBB and les miles have in common

Started by ballz2thewall, September 23, 2017, 11:11:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

lazy.

for some time i watched les miles on the sideline and in press conferences. i paid attention to the staff he had and his recruits.

the bottom line with lsu's lack of living up to their obvious potential - les miles was lazy. he'd lost his fire and desire, assuming he ever had it. nothing else really made sense, and, just watching miles he simply seemed detached.

CBB

not a mirror image, factually, but similar enough. CBB seems to be the type of coach that delegates. delegating is fine, IF the delegatee  does what he is supposed to do.

there's lots of little signs that CBB does not manage with energy. rob smith is the best example, and particularly last season. at hogville we like to pick on ourselves, but we're not entirely stupid. something wasn't right on the D side of the ball last year. NOTHING over there made sense.

under the circumstances on the hill, the failure to adjust in games in our case is a sign of over delegation. over delegation is a sign of laziness and/or fear and/or incompetence.

the meltdowns. lazy. lazy lazy lazy.

before that - cheney and his oddball gameplan. lazy. a head coach is afraid to put a foot in his asss.

les miles showed the same characteristics, and particularly in the last 3 years at lsu. their team revealed it. you could see it in them.

our OL is inexplicable. while enos has skills, he needs direction and to be driven. those of us on this board that played some football know it when we see it. the OL is not coached.

people say we shouldn't pick on anderson because of his size. i disagree with this notion. i've seen nothing from him that demonstrates unusual intelligence or tremendous oratory skills. absent these skills, he certainly doesn't have the physicality to be active on the practice field. flame away at this if you like, but you're dead wrong.

like les miles, CBB is lazy. i suspect he's the type that appears to be busy, but is not. 
The rest of the frog.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jcbville

Maybe it's laziness. Not sure. But the fact that he is so "hands off" with his assistants in their roles is definitely part of his problem right now. He allows them tons of freedom which can be great but I think he has taken it so far there isn't a cohesive "we're all on the same page following his lead" culture now. It's everyone doing their own thing and it shows.

East Clintwood

Or maybe LSU's fans overestimate what their true potential is. and nobody will live up to their expectations.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hogwild

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 24, 2017, 01:21:28 am
CBB is NOT lazy, I can promise you that. You may infer that because he's large and because he looks disengaged during the game a lot, but he's not lazy. You don't get to where he is by being lazy, and security with buyout or not, he's not just sitting back and relaxing. He cares and wants to win, works hard to prepare. Just don't think he's that good of an adjuster and clutch coach, makes a lot of questionable calls. But he isn't lazy. You're just taking a shot to rag on him with a mob mentality.
Just because someone cares about winning and wants to win doesn't mean a thing. I think he's low energy because of his size. I'm saying this because I genuinely like the guy. Bret has gained, just looking at him, likely between one hundred to one hundred and fifty pounds since he's been here. Bret does not look healthy. Yes I realize he's naturally a big guy but CBB has to be pushing 450 lbs if not more. He's not in is early 40's anymore and I can tell you the closer you get to 50 and away from 40 the tougher it gets. I'm genuinely concerned for the man. Forget football.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HardCore

Les can coach some defense, his biggest red flag....he cannot coach a QB to save his life
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)