Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 16 win theory

Started by Potosihog, September 23, 2017, 10:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

There has been rumor that CBB has two years to win 16 games.  I see a huge problem with that plan.

Based on next year's schedule 8 wins should be pretty easy to accomplish. Let's say we win 4 games this year then 8 or 9 next year.

He falls well short of the 16 game requirement.  But after even an 8 win season it would be almost impossible to fire him after next year.  With that kind of improvement all the media outlets would BBQ us for letting him go.

If he doesn't win 6 this year they better let him go unless the underlying plan was to use this supposed agreement to satisfy boosters only to keep him as coach anyway.

Jmo

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Potosihog on September 23, 2017, 10:22:02 pm
There has been rumor that CBB has two years to win 16 games.  I see a huge problem with that plan.

Based on next year's schedule 8 wins should be pretty easy to accomplish. Let's say we win 4 games this year then 8 or 9 next year.

He falls well short of the 16 game requirement.  But after even an 8 win season it would be almost impossible to fire him after next year.  With that kind of improvement all the media outlets would BBQ us for letting him go.

If he doesn't win 6 this year they better let him go unless the underlying plan was to use this supposed agreement to satisfy boosters only to keep him as coach anyway.

Jmo

Not sure he can satisfy an 8 win requirement over 2 years
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Bubba's Bruisers

8 wins should of be pretty easy to accomplish next season?  Seriously?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Potosihog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 10:25:54 pm

Many have called it our easiest schedule in years.  Ole Miss and Missouri current trajectory is helpful, as well as picking up Vandy from the East.  5 straight home games, etc.  yes. Alabama should be out only loss prior to November.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/2018-schedule-announced/

NuttinItUp

Jmo

We win more than 4 this year. Probably 6 at least.

Then next year with the soft schedule, we win 9 or 10.

HTH...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 10:25:54 pm

For real. At least 9 next year with the softer schedule. Probably 10.

At the rate things are going, BB gets an extension after a big win year next year.

go hogues

Quote from: Potosihog on September 23, 2017, 10:47:54 pm
Many have called it our easiest schedule in years.  Ole Miss and Missouri current trajectory is helpful, as well as picking up Vandy from the East.  5 straight home games, etc.  yes. Alabama should be out only loss prior to November.

Just like how we were going to regroup from last year?

All we read on this board since February was how we were an "8 win minimum" team this season.

How are we going to fare any better next year with the same squad we're watching this year?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 10:55:49 pm
We win more than 4 this year. Probably 6 at least.

Then next year with the soft schedule, we win 9 or 10.

HTH...

What?

hoglady

I don't know what team you guys have been watching - but I don't see how anyone can predict an 8 or 9 win season next year with this team.  I don't see it without a whole bunch of improvement.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 11:00:40 pm
I don't know what team you guys have been watching - but I don't see how anyone can predict an 8 or 9 win season next year with this team.  I don't see it without a whole bunch of improvement.

Exactly!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 11:00:40 pm

Hell, we could get 8 wins THIS year.

With next years schedule, it is hard to see otherwise.

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 11:01:42 pm

You must be joking.

hoglady

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 11:01:42 pm

Have to see a lot more out of this team before I could go there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 11:04:25 pm
Have to see a lot more out of this team before I could go there.

Me too. Unfortunately, the schedule sets up for it.

Porkette

What I want to know is, where did this 16-win theory come from? I've heard it a lot but have no idea whether or not its origins are credible.

(I didn't visit this board much this past offseason, so forgive my ignorance. But I'd really like to know).
GO HOGS GO!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Porkette on September 23, 2017, 11:08:02 pm
What I want to know is, where did this 16-win theory come from? I've heard it a lot but have no idea whether or not its origins are credible.

(I didn't visit this board much this past offseason, so forgive my ignorance. But I'd really like to know).

From those "in the know".

Presumably that was the ultimatum given by Long: 16 wins over this season and next season.

The presumption is he can't be fired this year because of the huge buyout.

Augustus

Quote from: Potosihog on September 23, 2017, 10:47:54 pm

Nope. Not 5 straight home games.  1 of those will be in Little Rock, which is a road game.

Just imagine next year's schedule if we didn't have games in the toilet bowl (WMS), and the idiotic deal with Jerry World.

It would be 6 straight true home games, with a bye mixed in.  A month and a half of football at our own house.  you can't buy a better schedule than that.

hogblitz

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 10:56:42 pm

At the rate things are going, BB gets an extension after a big win year next year.
I just don't get it with some calling next year an EASY Schedule.  We play the same conference teams that we play EVERY year in the west.   We trade South Carolina for Vandy and TCU for Colorado State.  The other 3 OOC teams are roughly the same as every year.  Could it be slightly easier? Sure.  But, the schedule certainly is NOT easy. 

Porkette

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 11:11:38 pm
From those "in the know".

Presumably that was the ultimatum given by Long: 16 wins over this season and next season.

The presumption is he can't be fired this year because of the huge buyout.

Thanks. My main question was where it originated. I was wondering if it was from posters here who have legitimate sources. Since the Broyles/Nutt years ended, there don't seem to be a lot of real insiders around anymore.
GO HOGS GO!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 10:56:42 pm

After losing our best OLman from a crappy OL who can't protect the QB.  And replacing an experienced QB?  And BB still the HC?  Not buying it will be that easy at all...Vandy on the schedule or not. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Inhogswetrust

He falls well short of the 16 game requirement.  But after even an 8 win season it would be almost impossible to fire him after next year. With that kind of improvement all the media outlets would BBQ us for letting him go.

Jmo

That is exactly why when I first read about it I knew it was stupid.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi