Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's time for Lunney to start catching some heat

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, September 23, 2017, 09:02:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Out of all the position groups his probably has the highest grade of talent on the team.  They're running 2 TE sets quite a bit but the production from the TE isn't quite what it should be considering the average and young WR's we're breaking in.

Two games in a row a TE running out the back of the endzone has negated a touchdown.  These are elementary mistakes that high level D-1 players should not be making when it counts.

I'd like to see O'Grady and Gragg split out and use their size. I don't think I've seen a TE seam route or a double move route to get Patton or O'Grady the ball deep.  Even shovel passes with all this stupid pre-snap motion could be utilized.

Maybe using Cantrell at FB and giving him dive plays like Nebraska used to kill teams with would be a good option.

Seems like we could utilize that position a little better and if they're not prepared enough to contribute more, that's on the position coach.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 23, 2017, 09:02:29 pm
Out of all the position groups his probably has the highest grade of talent on the team.  They're running 2 TE sets quite a bit but the production from the TE isn't quite what it should be considering the average and young WR's we're breaking in.

Two games in a row a TE running out the back of the endzone has negated a touchdown.  These are elementary mistakes that high level D-1 players should not be making when it counts.

I'd like to see O'Grady and Gragg split out and use their size. I don't think I've seen a TE seam route or a double move route to get Patton or O'Grady the ball deep.  Even shovel passes with all this stupid pre-snap motion could be utilized.

Maybe using Cantrell at FB and giving him dive plays like Nebraska used to kill teams with would be a good option.

Seems like we could utilize that position a little better and if they're not prepared enough to contribute more, that's on the position coach.
It was Allen's fault that O'Grady ran out of room. If he would have just thrown it instead of pumping it would have been an easy touchdown. With that being said O'Grady should have just stopped and waited on the ball instead of drifting on the line. That stuff has caused us 14 points the past two games.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

scogs

Defense cost us this game. We scored 40+

When will people realize. This isn't an offense problem. We are the worst 3rd team in the nation. Been that way for years.  Our defense costs us more games than our offense

Razor1997

Quote from: scogs on September 23, 2017, 09:16:32 pm

When will people realize. This isn't an offense problem. We are the worst 3rd team in the nation. Been that way for years.  Our defense costs us more games than our offense

Well, last week we scored 7, and had only three meaningful drives all game, two of which resulted in shanked extra-point range field goals.

We just can't put the whole thing together.  We'll be the best 4-8 team in college football this year.  So close to being able to compete with the lower-to-mid-tier teams in college football's toughest division!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Oh trust me I know the Defense is horrible.

We have the worst LBrs of any P5 school.  Bielema started as a LB coach, you'd think that'd be an area he'd be highly attuned to but nah.

Dre Greenlaw is the only one that isn't constantly taking himself out of position or running straight into blocks.

Iwastherein1969

Lunney is an untouchable and should be. He's one of the few Arkansas QB's who have beaten the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide at Tuscaloosa.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 23, 2017, 09:21:48 pm
Oh trust me I know the Defense is horrible.

We have the worst LBrs of any P5 school.  Bielema started as a LB coach, you'd think that'd be an area he'd be highly attuned to but nah.

Dre Greenlaw is the only one that isn't constantly taking himself out of position or running straight into blocks.
Dre conveniently didn't get off blocks a couple of times #7 for the Aggies was coming full steam through the hole. The days of having Steve Atwater type hitters in our second and third levels of the defense are long since gone.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BigoBoys

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 09:05:59 pm
It was Allen's fault that O'Grady ran out of room. If he would have just thrown it instead of pumping it would have been an easy touchdown. With that being said O'Grady should have just stopped and waited on the ball instead of drifting on the line. That stuff has caused us 14 points the past two games.
O'Grady? 

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 09:23:25 pm
Lunney is an untouchable and should be. He's one of the few Arkansas QB's who have beaten the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide at Tuscaloosa.

Lunney would be way better HC than BB.  Shame for him that he is stuck on this staff and going to go down with the ship.
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

BoynamedWooPigSooie

If I were Lunney I'd maybe start looking around. Get a couple years under his belt w/ a respected coach and be in position to put his hat in for the job down the line.

He doesn't want to be in the spot lil Timmy found himself in or have to pull a Rhett Lashlee and take a big paycut to attempt to build a resume for himself.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 09:23:25 pm
This post should be taken out and shot. Or add /s

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 23, 2017, 09:26:18 pm
O'Grady?
You're right it was Patton. I haven't gone back and looked at the play since the game. Too painful.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BigoBoys

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: scogs on September 23, 2017, 09:16:32 pm

Agree.  Our defense gave up 501 total yards, & we gave up a 100 yd  kickoff return.  We scored 43 points, which should be plenty to win.... if we played decent defense.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HogMantheIntruder

Lunney does kind of intrigue me as a HC. It would be a big roll of the dice. I'd rather make a run at Chip Kelly (why not?) and then go get Hedsputh or Norvell.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon