Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injuries are piling up now.

Started by RockyMtnHog, October 22, 2017, 05:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnHog

According to the player status report Chase Hayden is out for the season with a leg injury.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

007 License To Squeal

Well, there goes a big chunk of a possible running game against the MS teams.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hog-Corleone

Every injury is another excuse that he can point to.  Ugh...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

hobhog

LumberBacks

TJ.  Maybe Bert will be forced to play him.  I hope he frikin' tears it up.

checkraiser88

Our best player behind Ragnow goes down, typical

HardCore

It was a brilliant idea to set up a bye week in the third week of the season.  That will never turn out good.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

onebadrubi

Quote from: HardCore on October 22, 2017, 08:27:07 pm
It was a brilliant idea to set up a bye week in the third week of the season.  That will never turn out good.

Plenty to bash this staff on, so don't make things up

BigoBoys

Who sets the schedule? 

factchecker

Who sets up the schedule?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ironhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2017, 08:32:08 pm

Plenty to bash this staff on, so don't make things up

SEC office sets the schedule don't they?

Inhogswetrust

ALL teams have injuries. Good teams overcome them usually. For average or bad teams they are devastating.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ur

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2017, 08:36:39 pm
the sec schedule. I'm sure we could have scheduled a coastal Carolina in week 3 and had a bye in 2 weeks.

factchecker

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 08:43:53 pm
the sec schedule. I'm sure we could have scheduled a coastal Carolina in week 3 and had a bye in 2 weeks.

So you wanted to start the season with 9 straight games before a bye week?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ur

Quote from: factchecker on October 22, 2017, 08:48:58 pm
So you wanted to start the season with 9 straight games before a bye week?
Just answering his question. Doesn't really matter. Coastal is a bye no matter when it comes.

BigoBoys

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 08:43:53 pm
Clueless

ur

BigoBoys

ur

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2017, 09:12:42 pm
Who sets the schedule?
So you don't think that the sec sets the sec schedule and we fill in after that with our nonconf games?

Bonehog

I hope Gragg is ok, he took a nasty fall in the first qtr!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

factchecker

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 08:52:15 pm
Just answering his question. Doesn't really matter. Coastal is a bye no matter when it comes.

You answered the question and proved the point that the SEC set the schedule.

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 09:15:26 pm
So you don't think that the sec sets the sec schedule and we fill in after that with our nonconf games?

When the SEC gives you specific dates it gives you few openings to schedule non-cons.

Not only do you have to try and schedule a reasonable bye, you have to try and find a P5 opponent, and some other schools that have openings or who are willing to let you buy out a game they already have scheduled.

This is not Madden or NCAA football - it's not like a video game.  A ton of moving pieces and you don't just do what you want.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ur

Quote from: factchecker on October 22, 2017, 09:18:20 pm
You answered the question and proved the point that the SEC set the schedule.

When the SEC gives you specific dates it gives you few openings to schedule non-cons.

Not only do you have to try and schedule a reasonable bye, you have to try and find a P5 opponent, and some other schools that have openings or who are willing to let you buy out a game they already have scheduled.

This is not Madden or NCAA football - it's not like a video game.  A ton of moving pieces and you don't just do what you want.
thanks and yes I agree. I just didn't like his "clueless" post. I know we set nonconf games years in advance and work with the sec on the schedule. It's just that some of these games are byes even though we are playing someone. Well, they should be byes if you field an sec caliber team.

BigoBoys

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 09:15:26 pm
Wk 3 was a bye, then week 4 was a conference game. 

Danny J

Sad to hear about Hayden...maybe TJ will get more reps but knowing this staff I am not optimistic. It wouldn't surprise me to see Rogers starting LT, Ragnow at RG, Clary at C, Gibson at LG and Raulerson at RT...

factchecker

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 09:24:36 pm
Well, they should be byes if you field an sec caliber team.

No doubt.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Apparently we need a bye week before every game, except the USCe game, we should have claimed a hurricane and canceled it.
This is my non-signature signature.

The Kig

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2017, 08:36:39 pm

Doesn't matter. Torches lit, pitchforks are in hand...must be Brets fault.
Poker Porker

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 06:02:58 pm
If only you knew how ironic this statement is
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

smb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 22, 2017, 08:37:27 pm
ALL teams have injuries. Good teams overcome them usually. For average or bad teams they are devastating.
Great point!
GeorgiaHOG

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 06:02:58 pm
Now THAT is some harsh irony
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

Herb not getting it done.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.