Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hard do you think it was for Bert...

Started by hawgon, October 22, 2017, 04:13:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 04:13:06 pm
to even get up and go watch film this morning?  He has got to be close to just packing it in and mailing it in for the rest of the year. 
I do not know how he does it.  I have been successful at every job I have had, and I do not know how I to being a complete failure like he has been.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Al Boarland

to even get up and go watch film this morning?  He has got to be close to just packing it in and mailing it in for the rest of the year.

I'm more worried about the players packing it in. I highly doubt they are motivated at this point.

twistitup

Quote from: longpig on October 22, 2017, 11:59:36 pm
Bert sure does have a lot of fanboys in here.

This is the only thread they can gather in. They can't defend his coaching any longer, so they defend the spelling of his name
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

SemperFi

He gets paid $4.5m to get up as early as it takes to get his job done....PERIOD! Isn't it obvious that he's already mailed it in? The scores are indicative of that.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawgon

I actually have some sympathy for him.  I don't think he is fighting and struggling to make it work, I pretty much believe that he knows it won't and just wants a way out.  His only worries are how it will look and future prospects. 

If I had advice for him, it would be to swallow his pride and get out as soon as and the best way he can.  Life is too short to be miserable and it doesn't really matter what people think when you have millions.

I don't know what the college football commentators are paid, but I'm sure that it is a nice living and he would be a natural.  Do that and enjoy the time with that new baby.

HoggyCat

You're assuming he knows what he's looking at. Hell, he's prolly watching thinking it's a live game.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

SemperFi

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 06:40:12 am
I actually have some sympathy for him.  I don't think he is fighting and struggling to make it work, I pretty much believe that he knows it won't and just wants a way out.  His only worries are how it will look and future prospects. 

If I had advice for him, it would be to swallow his pride and get out as soon as and the best way he can.  Life is too short to be miserable and it doesn't really matter what people think when you have millions.

I don't know what the college football commentators are paid, but I'm sure that it is a nice living and he would be a natural.  Do that and enjoy the time with that new baby.

Would love to hook the two of you up so you can help him through this rough and tough time in his life...(that is meant to be funny).

I'm sure that Razorback Nation would love for him to take your advice and just move on to the next stage in his life that doesn't involve the Razorback football team. My sympathy only goes so far and that it a fault of mine that I hope to eventually overcome, but for now my patience has worn thin and we definitely need a change at the Head Hog spot. He does come off as very likeable and would be a natural on ESPN or one of the networks talking sports.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

BassinHawg

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 05:45:44 pm
Who is Bert?  There is no one on the staff named Bert that I am aware of.

You need to GET OVER THIS!

Bert BellyMa doesn't even call the players by their given names, Geesh, Go Away with your drivel!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

MJ2

He doesn't care.   If he did he would resign and take one years salary and be gone.

GO

Appears he packed it in when the baby was born if not before.

dowils

Quote from: SONofHAM on October 22, 2017, 07:59:41 pm
Every now and then, a warrior has to lay down and just have a good bleed.

My thoughts exactly

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....