Depression & Sorrow
41 (17.4%)
Acceptance
147 (62.3%)

Total Members Voted: 234

Voting closed: October 27, 2017, 11:20:27 am

HawgWild

cj_sez

Will never reach acceptance....the program can be resuscitated, but not by Bielema.

Redhogs

Anger 5 weeks ago, now just pure apathy....don't give a **** anymore until Bert is gone.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

SemperFi

Acceptance and a lack of emotion. I rarely stood up last night because I knew that bad was coming and then it did. No surprise on my part at all.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

wachhog

I've been fighting mad since April 3, 2012. That's a dam long time to harbor a grudge against an AD I've never even met.

damgoodestuffyhog

This is what it looks like when an administrator kills a coach and a fan base at the same time. Two for one for this snake.

Tusks

Quote from: wachhog on October 22, 2017, 11:43:36 am
I've been fighting mad since April 3, 2012. That's a dam long time to harbor a grudge against an AD I've never even met.

I could drink beer with you.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cj_sez on October 22, 2017, 11:23:23 am
Will never reach acceptance....the program can be resuscitated, but not by Bielema.
I most completely concur. While I'm beyond the boiling point of being pissed, I will NEVER EVER accept mediocrity (or worse). To do so one must be ready to just roll over and die. And I hope I have at least a few more good years before that happens.  >:( :'(

ur

I’ve been fighting mad since April 3, 2012. That’s a dam long time to harbor a grudge against an AD I’ve never even met.
12/05/07 for me.

mlloyd4

Acceptance

Year    Won    Lost    Tied    Coach
2016    7   6       Bret Bielema
2015    8   5       Bret Bielema
2014    7   6       Bret Bielema
2013    3   9       Bret Bielema   
2012    4   8       John L. Smith   
2011    11   2       Bobby Petrino
2010    10   3       Bobby Petrino
2009    8   5       Bobby Petrino
2008    5   7       Bobby Petrino   
2007    8   5       Houston Nutt
2006    10   4       Houston Nutt
2005    4   7       Houston Nutt
2004    5   6       Houston Nutt
2003    9   4       Houston Nutt
2002    9   5       Houston Nutt
2001    7   5       Houston Nutt
2000    6   6       Houston Nutt
1999    8   4       Houston Nutt
1998    9   3       Houston Nutt   
1997    4   7       Danny Ford
1996    4   7       Danny Ford
1995    8   5       Danny Ford
1994    4   7       Danny Ford
1993    6   4   1    Danny Ford
1992    3   7   1    Jack Crowe/Joe Kines
1991    6   6       Jack Crowe
1990    3   8       Jack Crowe
WPS

IronHog

This goes deeper than an academic AD and Midwest HC.

Hogs can make more money playing on campus but won't be able to maintain any semblance of a competitive team unless they keep HCs that can recruit regionally despite NWA.

Good luck with that
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

davglo35

Mine is sorrow and worry. Worry that we won't rid ourselves of the cancer that is BB.
Anyone with any decent football IQ can see we are like a hopeless meth head that is almost dead.

orvillesghost

Acceptance

Now I do think we can do better than what we are seeing under BB but...

I doubt Arkansas will ever win the SEC or be in the college football playoff

I hope for  a competitive program that can win seven or eight games most year maybe get up to 10 wins or so once in a decade

I think those are reasonable expectations for this program. We can certainly do better than 2-5.

longbore

Need a heart transplant and a couple of units of fresh blood.....

007 License To Squeal

Agree.....I will never become a "settler"......I will never accept mediocrity...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

AirWarren

Quote from: bacon&eggs on October 22, 2017, 12:09:36 pm
Acceptance

Year    Won    Lost    Tied    Coach
2016    7   6       Bret Bielema
2015    8   5       Bret Bielema
2014    7   6       Bret Bielema
2013    3   9       Bret Bielema   
2012    4   8       John L. Smith   
2011    11   2       Bobby Petrino
2010    10   3       Bobby Petrino
2009    8   5       Bobby Petrino
2008    5   7       Bobby Petrino   
2007    8   5       Houston Nutt
2006    10   4       Houston Nutt
2005    4   7       Houston Nutt
2004    5   6       Houston Nutt
2003    9   4       Houston Nutt
2002    9   5       Houston Nutt
2001    7   5       Houston Nutt
2000    6   6       Houston Nutt
1999    8   4       Houston Nutt
1998    9   3       Houston Nutt   
1997    4   7       Danny Ford
1996    4   7       Danny Ford
1995    8   5       Danny Ford
1994    4   7       Danny Ford
1993    6   4   1    Danny Ford
1992    3   7   1    Jack Crowe/Joe Kines
1991    6   6       Jack Crowe
1990    3   8       Jack Crowe

Average program.

Smalltownhog95

I accept this team is dead in the water and i refuse to let myself be worked up again until we make a change. May or may not watch another game this year.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This. We are either one or many coaching changes away. Just keep swimming.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogAlum99

Mine is anger. Been a Hog since before I can remember then graduated from UA in '99. I've tried going over to the "acceptance" level, but just can't cross over. I'm just mad and disgusted that the program is now at the level it is!

Sow Lancelot

QuoteShock & Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression & Sorrow
Acceptance
Finding anything and everything to bitch about including the coach's choice of clothing.

Sheesh.

We sound like a bunch of 8th grade girls.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Bacons Rebellion

I laughed at us most of the game. Laughed at the offense's 3 and out after Richardson's interception COULD have given us a spark. Laughed at our pass protection. Laughed at our defense routinely taking each other out in 3's by running into each other without being blocked. Laughed at the replay officials taking back Auburn's first and goal when obviously they would just walk into the end zone the next play anyway. Then I felt bad when we made a stand. Laughed at Warren's wonderful kickoff return because we all knew its timing made it absolutely meaningless. Laughed at rushing 6 and coming close to hurrying the Auburn quarterback.

I guess laughing is my defense mechanism.

I did feel a bit sorry for Enos. What kind of plays can you call when you can't run and can't pass? I've been there and it's no fun.

Wild Bill Hog

Hoggish1

Acceptance applies to the way things are NOW not the way they would be under a new HC.

Fans who are in the final stage are in the acceptance mode.  It means they are saying we've given up.  Doesn't mean they've given up forever...

PygmalionEffect2

Bargaining

Holding out hope that a coaching change will get the program to a competitive level in the SEC, even if it takes a transition year or two.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

KennyForAD

We are on Vandy's level.  Won't change for a long time, if ever.  Arkansas football is DEAD.  A thing of the past.

RazorbackToTheFuture

hogsanity

Quote from: orvillesghost on October 22, 2017, 01:38:33 pm
Acceptance

Now I do think we can do better than what we are seeing under BB but...

I doubt Arkansas will ever win the SEC or be in the college football playoff

I hope for  a competitive program that can win seven or eight games most year maybe get up to 10 wins or so once in a decade

I think those are reasonable expectations for this program. We can certainly do better than 2-5.

Exactly what we have had since at east when we joined the sec. And I agree they can do better than what we have seen this year. 2015 was what most seasons will look like. 8 wins and managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victor. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The OTR

Good poll.  Well done by the OP. 

Acceptance.  We all just need to accept our fate.  We are cursed.  I believe that Tom Penders' presence in the bowels of Barnhill arena has cast an evil curse on our athletic program. 

We need to move him and his tanning beds out of Barnhill once and for all.

Until then we need to acdept that bad things will continue to happen to our teams and there's not much we can do about it. 

Hawgzinbowlz

rupert

Wearing different uniforms---moving away from tradition is a stage of a dying program

shown006

The 2010 and 2011 years were good times. Glad I got to experience that.  Accepting the fact it's a longshot Hogs will ever go 21-5 again in 2 years.
WPS!

Porkchop#1

It is still amazing to me how badly that situation was handled.  Just baffling.  I said all along firing CBP was a real bad idea.

Lol at the knuckleheads who got drunk on Long on integrity.

JONAS

Quote from: Redhogs on October 22, 2017, 11:25:42 am
Anger 5 weeks ago, now just pure apathy....don't give a **** anymore until Bert is gone.

Yep.  I'm apathetic as well.

Bonehog

While I agree this is not acceptable performance I have always been of the mind set we are nothing but a spoiler in the SEC. We are never going to get a great coach because it requires great talent to make a coach great. What great coach would ever come to AR knowing they will always play for number 3 or 4 in the SEC west? They know that talent in AR is very low compared to other states. Sure you can pull a 4 star now and then but it takes 5 or 6 to even be in the ball game. Kids are willing to sit on the bench at Bama because they know it's a matter of time before they play in a playoff game or NC with all NFL watching. Why would a great back come and try to run behind a poor line, it makes them look bad. Same with many other impact positions on a team, they are called impact for a reason. I hate to say it but it's true. We are a One of those kit cars that look like a super car trying to compete with real super cars.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

grayhawg

#1 fire a coach who getting the job done on the field, for lying.
#2 hire an interim coach who wound up being a joke
#3 hire a guy who wrote you a letter who sounded like a good hire.
#4 the big one? Hanging on to a good ole who was in over his head until he ran the program into the ground.

And that's where we're at.

ur

Quote from: grayhawg on October 22, 2017, 08:24:59 pm
#1 fire a coach who getting the job done on the field, for lying.
#2 hire an interim coach who wound up being a joke
#3 hire a guy who wrote you a letter who sounded like a good hire.
#4 the big one? Hanging on to a good ole who was in over his head until he ran the program into the ground.

And that's where we're at.
All true. There is a pre-#1 Hiring Jim Grobe on 12/05/07. Thank goodness Jim changed his mind the next day. Any AD that thought Jim Grobe could lead a winning program in the sec does not belong at the University of Arkansas.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Bonehog on October 22, 2017, 08:11:39 pm
While I agree this is not acceptable performance I have always been of the mind set we are nothing but a spoiler in the SEC. We are never going to get a great coach because it requires great talent to make a coach great. What great coach would ever come to AR knowing they will always play for number 3 or 4 in the SEC west? They know that talent in AR is very low compared to other states. Sure you can pull a 4 star now and then but it takes 5 or 6 to even be in the ball game. Kids are willing to sit on the bench at Bama because they know it's a matter of time before they play in a playoff game or NC with all NFL watching. Why would a great back come and try to run behind a poor line, it makes them look bad. Same with many other impact positions on a team, they are called impact for a reason. I hate to say it but it's true. We are a One of those kit cars that look like a super car trying to compete with real super cars.

What would have Arkansas been had Frank Broyles never coached Arkansas? Arkansas became a charter member of the SWC in 1915. From 1915 through 1957 the Hogs won or tied the conference only three times. Why would a sensible coach take on that challenge? 

Well Frank Broyles took the challenge and through his coaching tenure and hiring Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield won or tied for the SWC 10 Times from 1958 through 1991. The ironic thing is the University didn't change locations during 1915 through 1991. Neither did Texas, TCU, Baylor or other schools in the SWC. If anything competition got tougher as Houston and Texas Tech were added as members.

The point is Arkansas rose to sustained heights because of hiring the right coach that knew how to recruit, coach and find his replacements. The fact this was accompanied in the SWC doesn't diminish the significance of what was accomplished.

Bonehog

Any other team would have swept it under the rug, not us. That is why we will never be relevant. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!  Why be scared of the " Death Penalty" think our record could be worse than 0-8 if we got it? 
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

oldbooniehog

Against SEC opponents, Arkansas' all-time "winning" percentage is about .470.

This, of course, includes games played back when Arkansas was still in the SWC. Still below .500.

25 years in the SEC.

0 Conference titles.

0-3 in SEC Title games, including two absolute beat-down blow-outs.

Failed to beat Florida until 2016.

The "best" coach during that 25-year span failed to beat Alabama, and finished 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West at the absolute mountain-top pinnacle of his success here.

Program been pretty much dead for a long, long time.