Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 11:42:12 pm

powershell

Started by RebelliousHog, September 07, 2014, 03:41:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Maybe some of you gurus can help me.

On my work PC, I can login in the morning and after a bit (anywhere from an hour to 3) I'll get a small Window that says "powershell has stopped working" along with some windows stopped the program etc.

At that point ALL processes slow to a crawl and my PC makes that "thinking" sound all the time. An example of processes slowing is I'm trying to simply save as a Word doc and it won't. The window is there to save it but the save icon isn't active. 

Our IT people have looked at it and said "there's a bug".  They have ran Spybot, MalwareBytes, and another spyawre program. It worked ok a couple of weeks then started again. I did a system restore that worked for a week, then it started again. I can't do SR again because IT said I wasn't supposed to have that capability.

Any ideas? It's a Dell PC with 8GB RAM.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Ragnar Hogbrok

Call AOL and have them send another CD with 1000 free hours. Install that bad boy and you'll be back on the Web in no time.

If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RebelliousHog

Reloading Win7 is kinda what they suggested last. I just hate to reload all my programs
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

LSUFan

Check the Flux Capacitor.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

bjl

have you checked the event viewer to look at any error logs that correspond?  I would start there. 

It could possibly be a bad HD honestly, and the SR just moved things to good sectors, but then they went bad.