Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 02:33:07 pm

Login

Started by RebelliousHog, April 07, 2014, 08:32:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

I didn't see this in the above thread.

I am converting to a different browser. When I tried to login to HV it says my password is wrong. I don't remember changing it, but I have mine set to always login, so it's possible.

My question IS NOT how get a new password sent. My question is how do I change my default email address to register in HV? My old one hasn't been used in like forever. I have a newer one that I use more often.

Thanks 

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Doug

What browser are you using? I'll point you to a nice utility that'll show you what your stored passwords are.

Once you know what your passwords are, you can change your email address (via your profile)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

I'm a little pissed at Firefox so I'm looking at using Slimboat.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

I used passwordfox to find it.
Thanks anyway.

Doug

I was gonna recommend Saved Password Editor. ::chuckles:: Glad you got your PW. :)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

LSUFan

Send me 123 easy payments of $99.99/month and I can help.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Cave City Joe

Along these lines.  Why won't HV keep me logged in.  I checked the box in the profile to keep me logged in and after about two days I have to sign in again.  Also it says my password is wrong and when I re-enter the same password it words.  Very frustrating
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

LSUFan

Quote from: Cave City Joe on September 22, 2014, 07:07:54 pm
Along these lines.  Why won't HV keep me logged in.  I checked the box in the profile to keep me logged in and after about two days I have to sign in again.  Also it says my password is wrong and when I re-enter the same password it words.  Very frustrating
You ain't a member of the secret society.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Doug

Reboot/restart your system (do not open any programs after this reboot except as below).
Clear Temp files.
Clear Temp Internet files (cache).
Clear ALL cookies.
Reboot.
--Doug

Cave City Joe

Quote from: Doug on September 23, 2014, 07:37:36 am
Reboot/restart your system (do not open any programs after this reboot except as below).
Clear Temp files.
Clear Temp Internet files (cache).
Clear ALL cookies.
Reboot.
Thanks, I'll give it a try
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra