Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 27, 2024, 12:16:41 am

Posting a vid

Started by RebelliousHog, March 25, 2014, 10:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Lately when I try to post a video from youtube I get a message saying #invalid link#

I am using this format
"
"
without the quotes.

What am I doing wrong?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Crap. See?
[]  [/] with the correct words and url

youtube in the first set of [] and the second [/] with the url posted between
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Doug

You don't need the full URL.

Go back one screen, click on IMPORTANT BITS OF INFO and look for "How to PROPERLY use the YouTube link stuff on here..." :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

I tried that (everything after the question mark)and it still says #invalid youbube link#.

Did something change? Back when we all posting favorite songs, I just copied and pasted the whole URL. I'm not arguing just trying to be clear in my wee head.

Doug

Link me to one of your posts where it's showing the invalid link.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

cosmodrum

It was doing this to me. Remove "s" from https
Go away, batin'

Doug

Quote from: Doug "Bear" HazardLink me to one of your posts where it's showing the invalid link.

Quote from: cosmodrumIt was doing this to me. Remove "s" from https
If people follow the instructions I provided (linked in the stickied thread), you don't even need a full URL. :)
--Doug

RebelliousHog

RebelliousHog

I'm still confused. If I only have to link the back half of the URL, why does the s in HTTPS even matter?

RebelliousHog

I'm copying the URL AFTER the ? here.

RebelliousHog

Same result.

Now trying Cosmos idea. Taking s out of HTTPS

RebelliousHog

Whoa Cosmo.  you dude, you.

RebelliousHog

Ok you can delete this thread. Thanks guys

Doug

Hmm... I see your issue.

[.youtube]v=p1SlcO0Fikc[/youtube]

See the v=? That's part of the stuff I told you to take out. Quote the post and see for yourself. :)

--Doug