Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 05:11:03 pm

Screen size

Started by RebelliousHog, October 07, 2013, 06:30:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Lately when I open HV, the screen size will change.
Like last night it was big. Then today I opened HV and it was tiny. I did a restart for another issue, now it's big again.

What up with that?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

majestic

Settings in your profile.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

RebelliousHog

What is making them change is my question. I can set the screen size then it'll change by itself.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Doug

Is Hogville the only site this happens on?

If so, change your password immediately.  If not, then scan your system with an up to date anti-virus scanner and malware scanner.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Douglas on October 07, 2013, 09:13:10 pm
Is Hogville the only site this happens on?

If so, change your password immediately.  If not, then scan your system with an up to date anti-virus scanner and malware scanner.

Done. So someone is hacking my HV?

WTH?

Doug

I don't know if someone's gained access, but this is the first step you need to take. Review your posts to see if you see any suspicious postings.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

I ran AV and it found nada. I'm running a full scan now. HV and regular net does this. Like right now HV is big, but I was just on Youtube, and it was at a normal size, then it suddenly shifted down.

Someone said on another forum that it might be a stuck ctrl key. That the ctrl with another key shifted screen size. That doesn't explain why HV is big and YT is small.

SteveInArk

Please let us know the final solution/outcome, HH. 
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Milton

Does it only do this in one internet bowser?
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Milton on October 09, 2013, 09:45:35 pm
Does it only do this in one internet bowser?

Frankly, I never checked. I use Firefox all the time.

Checked. IE seems to be fine. Good call Milton. So do I need reinstall FF? I've tried Chrome and it doesn't seem to work well for me.

Milton

Quote from: HenduHog on October 10, 2013, 10:15:02 pm
Frankly, I never checked. I use Firefox all the time.

Checked. IE seems to be fine. Good call Milton. So do I need reinstall FF? I've tried Chrome and it doesn't seem to work well for me.

I would. can't hurt and should fix the problem if it is indeed the browser.
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

RebelliousHog

Aight. Thanks, you da man. I take back all the bad things I said.

Milton

Quote from: HenduHog on October 11, 2013, 03:46:49 pm
Aight. Thanks, you da man. I take back all the bad things I said.
I don't take it personally. When I come to the help forum I leave the persona away and actually try to help. Glad all is well again.