Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Gillispie

Started by WilsonHog, December 08, 2016, 06:36:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

He stepped down yesterday as the head coach at Ranger Junior College, citing high blood pressure.

I don't recall a more precipitous fall from grace.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

1hawgballer2

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 08, 2016, 06:36:13 pm
He stepped down yesterday as the head coach at Ranger Junior College, citing high blood pressure.

Classic example how alcohol can ruin your career and even worst your health

Hoggish1

Going to KY and failing can do that to your head and your career will suffer untold injury.

A guy like Gillispie said he could win the NC with nothing but TX recruits.  At KY they don't just recruit TX.  The guy was doomed to fail when he couldn't circle the wagons and brow beat his players....

lynbug

It also shows how a very bad habit when left unchecked can overshadow and possibly destroy the other good traits a person has.  This  was almost the story on Bob Huggins who should consider himself a very lucky guy.  (Sorry, ricolacey, guess I originally overlooked your post.)

texas tush hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 08, 2016, 06:36:13 pm

Don't tell Guv, he will be campaigning for us to replace Mike with Clyde.

The_Iceman

I wonder if his career would have been different if he would have come here instead of going to Kentucky. Much different atmosphere.

HF#1

They were 11-2 this season. So it appears that he had a decent team.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!