Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrick Beverley

Started by 1highhog, December 08, 2016, 07:00:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Mods, move this is this is not where is should be, I just like following our former Hogs and we have very few making any impact in the NBA anymore with Joe Johnson in the twilight of his career, Beverley has never and will never be a scorer but is one of the better defenders at his position in the NBA.  Ask any of the elite players that Beverley goes up against and they will begrudgingly give him props that they hate going against him more than any other guard because it's going to be a long night.  Asked about was Beverley a dirty player, Curry of the Warriors said no, just and in your face type player that's going to make you work for every point.  Looking at last nights stat line, this is the type of game that Beverley can give you, but I've never understood why Beverley never has hardly any FT attempts.  I thought when he played here he drove in the lane a lot and drew fouls, I guess not.  He could really up his point total by adding that to his game but I guess his Coaches either don't want him to or he just doesn't do it.  Either way, he usually ends up around the basket somewhere because he pulls down between 6-9 rebounds a game, that's good for his size.

STARTERS:

MIN.   FG.  3PT.   FT.  OREB.   DREB.   REB.   AST.  STL.  BLK.  TO.  PF.  PTS.
AndersonPF 25 3-9 0-3    6-6      2         2          4       0       1       0      1     2  12
ArizaSF 27       4-6 1-2    2-2     1          1          2       2       3       0      2     1   11
CapelaC 20      6-10 0-0   0-0     1          8           9      2       2        2     2     2   12   
BeverleyPG 32  4-9  2-6   0-0     2          5          7     12       3       0      5     0 10       
HardenSG 30 8-14 4-7     5-6    0           6         6       8       4         4     4     0   25