Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hate coming on this board after...

Started by Swinesong1, December 07, 2016, 09:50:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

hogwood

LOL. Nice one. Nothing but mostly the constant posters here today, bringing mostly balanced reviews of the game and the team's performance.

Atlhogfan1

Best part of a win is we know Swine will be posting.

So Swine, we are getting closer to that 8 year mark.  Getting a little nervous with your expectations?  Are you thinking you will be satisfied? 

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 08, 2012, 07:23:40 pm
Never brought Anderson into the discussion nor did I imply anything.  The postesr sang the praises of Heath and Gillespie for their coaching "successes" when in fact, overall, neither have been very successful.  Never said either were not a good coach.  I disputed the statement of Gillespie being a "pretty good" coach when his resume says he's "good'  but nowhere near "pretty good".   Now if you want to argue that point, I will ask you a question...Would you be satisfied with Anderson if he has ONLY a sweet 16 appearance after 8 years as Hogs coach?

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 08, 2012, 06:49:37 pm
No....he has ONE sweet 16 appearance in his EIGHT SEASONS as a head coach.  How does that equate to being a "pretty good" coach?

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on March 08, 2012, 07:32:27 pm
To answer your question, no, I would not be satisfied with that. If that's all we get out of him while he's here, then it would have been better to get Buzz Williams and start over completely rather than returning to our 40 Minutes of Hell roots. Kind of like what we did with Petrino: something COMPLETELY different than the direction our history has gone.

If he's here 8 years, I would be satisfied with this:
1 Final Four
1-2 Elite Eights
2-3 Sweet Sixteens
6 Tournament Appearances

For 8 years, I'd say that's a reasonable expectation, especially given the money we are paying for him. I think he is a good coach, and I think Nolan was a great coach. I also think the game has changed a little bit since the 1990s.

The reason I called you out is because it is a foolish opinion to say that Gillespie is not a "good" coach, especially based on the numbers you gave. I brought up Anderson because Anderson and Gillespie are very similar in those numbers the nearly unanimous conclusion on Hogville is that Anderson is a "good" coach.

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 08, 2012, 07:41:04 pm
Your expectations aren't unreasonable at all.  Now as far as calling me out... I took exception to a poster stating that Gillespie was a "pretty good" coach.  That poster was piggybacking on another poster "implying" that they had rather have him as Hog coach over Anderson.  I simply used a FACT not an opinion to show that Gillespie's resume (NCAA tourney advancement) does not equate to being a pretty good coach.  Never offered an opinion on his coaching abilities.  I just let his resume speak for itself.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 07, 2016, 02:57:31 pm
Best part of a win is we know Swine will be posting.

So Swine, we are getting closer to that 8 year mark.  Getting a little nervous with your expectations?  Are you thinking you will be satisfied?
I'm not sure why you crave attention from me, but I'll give you some ok?  In those posts of mine you pulled up, where did I give my expectations? 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 07, 2016, 03:08:19 pm
I'm not sure why you crave attention from me, but I'll give you some ok?  In those posts of mine you pulled up, where did I give my expectations?

:)  Still possible to get those 2 Sw 16's.  Just checking in with you. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 07, 2016, 03:11:38 pm
:)  Still possible to get those 2 Sw 16's.  Just checking in with you.
I will ask you again...show me where I put my expectations on Anderson?  You pulled up some five year old posts.  Show me please! In your rush for my attention, you're attributing someone else's post to me.  Conveniently ignoring the name attached to the post.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 08, 2012, 07:23:40 pm
Would you be satisfied with Anderson if he has ONLY a sweet 16 appearance after 8 years as Hogs coach?

Thought you might be ready to answer your own question.  It's okay.  Hold off.  Still a chance.

The not "unreasonable at all" expectations are a little expired now.  But they were someone else's. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 07, 2016, 03:21:39 pm
Thought you might be ready to answer your own question.  It's okay.  Hold off.  Still a chance.

The not "unreasonable at all" expectations are a little expired now.  But they were someone else's.
I knew you couldn't!  Now, you got some attention from me.  Does that satisfy you?  A little advice tho... Next time, try using something I actually said tho.