Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who said Arlando Cook sucks?

Started by rzrbackramsfan, December 07, 2016, 12:19:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Was it Ebola?  I remember that was a huge point of discussion in the summer because apparently they had some kind of source. 

I for one am a little bit of a fan of his so far.  I think at times he's a little soft, but thought he had a nice game.  His potential is off the charts, in my opinion, too.  He kind of has an LBJ body type but doesn't really seem that athletic.  I think he has more to benefit that any body being in a D1 weight and conditioning environment. 

The_Iceman

He will be losing minutes to Adrio Bailey as this season goes along.

Biggus Piggus

It was E.bolin who wrote off Arlando Cook in the summer when he'd been on campus for a few weeks. Yes. That was him. Obviously, Cook is a usable player, contrary to the complete, rumor-mongering crap that E.bolin spread.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2016, 07:03:05 am
It was E.bolin who wrote off Arlando Cook in the summer when he'd been on campus for a few weeks. Yes. That was him. Obviously, Cook is a usable player, contrary to the complete, rumor-mongering crap that E.bolin spread.

But don't you agree that his future playing time looks iffy especially with Adrio Bailey emerging? Bailey just has the versatility and motor Mike loves.

Knot2brite

Cook has to start hitting the short corner shot when he is in...his inside game is a little weak because he isn't built to bang but he can be an effective post player and can play decent low post defense
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 07, 2016, 08:17:43 am
But don't you agree that his future playing time looks iffy especially with Adrio Bailey emerging? Bailey just has the versatility and motor Mike loves.
Possibly but Cook has shown the ability to be able to make some mid range shots where Bailey is more of a garbage bucket kind of player...right now. I think we can use them both because I can see the way Thomas is being used he is going to be called for a ton of fouls guarding out high.

Hawg Red

Cook looked like a man possessed vs Austin Peay. Boxscore says he played 10 minutes last night but it seemed like Baily was out there more than he was (Bailey played 7 minutes). There seems to be a healthy competition between Cook and Bailey for playing time.

NWAHog479

Him and Hazen both are better than Keaton Miles, so I will gladly ride with those guys. The worst guy on our team can still get spot minutes which is huge.

The_Bionic_Pig

It seems as though year 2 is when Arkansas JUCO's blossom.  Macon is well ahead of schedule.

MA is still trying to find the right combination...

C.J. Jones right now is pure Offense.
Beard is a better PG than Barford *BUT* Barford is oozing with much potential that flashes at times reminiscent of Jesse Pate.

Cook needs 25-30lbs added over the next Spring/Summer if he's going to play PF (he looks 6'7 199lbs?? That's a SF!

As Skinny as Derek Hood looked he was still 228lbs

Adrio Baily reminds me more of Sunday Adebayo than Michael Qualls.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*