Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Imagine Allen and Monk on the hill....

Started by elksnort, December 06, 2016, 10:14:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

December 09, 2016, 03:52:34 am #50 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:32:07 am by The_Bionic_Pig
The 2020 Class in-state class possesses a Malik Monk clone in Gerald Doakes who plays for the 14 and under "Team Portis Wings"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 09, 2016, 03:52:34 am
The 2020 Class in-state class possesses a Malik Monk clone in Gerald Doakes who plays for the 14 and under "Team Portia Wings"

Now that's exciting to hear! Thanks for sharing.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hoglady

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 08, 2016, 03:12:30 pm
HOGLADY!!! Is there anything with building relationships through WORLD WIDE WES?

Why are you hung up on World Wide Wes??
Don't see any connection with Hog basketball or much comparison with local AAU coaches.
Are you saying you would rather Anderson not have good relationships with local AAU coaches??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hoglady on December 09, 2016, 07:29:04 am
Don't see any connection with Hog basketball or much comparison with local AAU coaches.
Are you saying you would rather Anderson not have good relationships with local AAU coaches??

Probably because he's a Kentucky fan!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

MountieDawg

Quote from: hoglady on December 09, 2016, 07:29:04 am

Just saying relationships with WWW are condemned but other AAU guys are ok... I personally dont have problems with either.  Its the way the game is played today.  But many people are against it until it helps there own team. 

I never try to hide I am a Kentucky fan first and an Arkansas fan 2nd... Life is better with both teams are playing great!  I though MA would bring back glory to the Hogs, but I would have never expect only 1 NCAAT appearance in 5 years.  I don't think anyone would have thought it would have been so difficult for MA to get past the 1st game in the NCAAT, much less the SEC Tourney. 
SEC!

hoglady

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 09, 2016, 08:52:19 am
Just saying relationships with WWW are condemned but other AAU guys are ok... I personally dont have problems with either.  Its the way the game is played today.  But many people are against it until it helps there own team. 

I never try to hide I am a Kentucky fan first and an Arkansas fan 2nd... Life is better with both teams are playing great!  I though MA would bring back glory to the Hogs, but I would have never expect only 1 NCAAT appearance in 5 years.  I don't think anyone would have thought it would have been so difficult for MA to get past the 1st game in the NCAAT, much less the SEC Tourney. 

I like life when both teams are great, too.
It helps the entire SEC when Arkansas is good.
World Wide Wes is on a different level and I can't recall personally posting much about him one way or the other.
I'm one of the few on this board that like Calipari. I especially liked him when he was at Memphis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

HawgnCorona

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 09, 2016, 08:52:19 am

I dont think you can compare WWW to Ingram can you? His NETWORK connection allows UK a big advantage...

And never mind the majority of US being HOG fans 1st and foremost.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

The_Iceman

Stats from the weekend:

Monk- 20 pts, 1 reb and 4 asts

Allen- 16 pts, 0 rebs and 0 asts

Barford- 14 pts, 4 rebs and 3 asts

Macon- 13 pts, 4 rebs and 4 asts.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 12, 2016, 08:37:20 am
Stats from the weekend:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Iceman.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

gchamblee

Quote from: hoglady on December 08, 2016, 11:18:01 am
I'm the one who said that, not her.
When Fitz Hill's son committed to the Hogs Fitz said he would work to help get kids up to Fayetteville.
Ingram's starting 5 off one of his Hawks teams have all committed to the Hogs.
Thus the reason I stated what I did.
When Nolan was here his relationship was pretty bad with the AAU coaches and some of the Central AR high school coaches (specifically Parkview). Mike's appears to be better.
There's nothing wrong with developing good relationships - Nolan got very few players in Central AR because of poor relationships.

i am trying to switch my focus to bball from football and i apologize for my ignorance but, what does aau mean? it feels like you guys are discussing something different than high school basketball? again, i know very little about arkansas high school basketball but i like to learn where i can.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 12, 2016, 08:37:20 am
Stats from the weekend:

More overall production from Barford and Macon.  Except over monk.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogwood

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 09, 2016, 03:52:34 am
The 2020 Class in-state class possesses a Malik Monk clone in Gerald Doakes who plays for the 14 and under "Team Portis Wings"

Not only Doakes but there is also Moore and Moody who are both rated higher than Doakes at this point. The 2020 class could be better than any of these classes we have lined up so far.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on December 12, 2016, 10:20:18 am
Not only Doakes but there is also Moore and Moody who are both rated higher than Doakes at this point. The 2020 class could be better than any of these classes we have lined up so far.

Remind what position Moore plays. Wing forward? These kids are so young right now. I know Moody is 6'3/6'4 with a pretty good wingspan.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 12, 2016, 10:24:05 am
Remind what position Moore plays. Wing forward? These kids are so young right now. I know Moody is 6'3/6'4 with a pretty good wingspan.

Yeah, so young. Moore is 6'6" I believe. Looks like he will get taller but his style is a lot like a wing/combo forward. Moody is 6'3" ish but will also get taller. He's a PG/CG.

elksnort

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 12, 2016, 09:41:45 am
More overall production from Barford and Macon.  Except over monk.
Allen played against Duke. Not sure who Kentucky played.

PonderinHog

Quote from: gchamblee on December 12, 2016, 09:36:00 am
i am trying to switch my focus to bball from football and i apologize for my ignorance but, what does aau mean? it feels like you guys are discussing something different than high school basketball? again, i know very little about arkansas high school basketball but i like to learn where i can.
Amateur Athletic Union = Club ball, not affiliated with a school

hoglady

Quote from: gchamblee on December 12, 2016, 09:36:00 am

Kind of like an all-star travel team in softball or baseball.
Most all top players in every state play for an AAU team - Arkansas kids usually play for the Wings, Hawks and some for Team Penney out of Memphis.
Below is an article about Bobby Portis sponsoring a team for The Wings.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/aug/21/portis-realizes-vision-by-sponsoring-aa/

The_Iceman

Quote from: elksnort on December 12, 2016, 12:36:56 pm
Allen played against Duke. Not sure who Kentucky played.

Allen played Florida State. He has 21 points, 0 rebs, and 0 asts against Duke last week.

gchamblee

Quote from: hoglady on December 12, 2016, 05:16:03 pm
Kind of like an all-star travel team in softball or baseball.
Most all top players in every state play for an AAU team - Arkansas kids usually play for the Wings, Hawks and some for Team Penney out of Memphis.
Below is an article about Bobby Portis sponsoring a team for The Wings.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/aug/21/portis-realizes-vision-by-sponsoring-aa/

thank you. that sounds like a great way to keep these kids engaged in the sport and off the streets. it also sounds like a great way to keep the best talent together and comfortable with playing with each other. now i understand what you guys mean by how much influence that gives a coach over the kids.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on December 12, 2016, 06:48:16 pm
thank you. that sounds like a great way to keep these kids engaged in the sport and off the streets. it also sounds like a great way to keep the best talent together and comfortable with playing with each other. now i understand what you guys mean by how much influence that gives a coach over the kids.

Also a good way for unsavory characters to have more influence over other people's kids than they probably should have in many cases.

Danny J

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 12, 2016, 08:13:29 pm
Also a good way for unsavory characters to have more influence over other people's kids than they probably should have in many cases.

hoglady

Quote from: gchamblee on December 12, 2016, 06:48:16 pm

Yes -  like Portis and Kingsley played AAU ball together which I would think helped in getting Kingsley to Arkansas.

elksnort

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 12, 2016, 08:13:29 pm
You arent kidding eirher.