Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking...

Started by HawgHoops, December 05, 2016, 12:38:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgHoops

Just curious if it is still free to park across from Baum for basketball games? Don't mind walking a mile for free parking

Danny J

Do you have handicap tags? If so park in lot 56 and 58 and ride the bus to the front door. Its at the corner of raz road and MLK. 

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: HawgHoops on December 05, 2016, 12:38:04 pm
Just curious if it is still free to park across from Baum for basketball games? Don't mind walking a mile for free parking

I'm pretty sure it's still free.

98hogs

Park next to BWA.  here lately, you will have no problem finding a spot

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HawgHoops on December 05, 2016, 12:38:04 pm

There is public parking along Razorback Road across from RRS & the new football facility. Also, you can park in the pit in front of the BAC if it isn't blocked for construction. Much closer than Baum.
See Page 12, below:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/mbasketball/2016-17/bb-fan-guide.pdf
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

razoredge178

Quote from: 98hogs on December 05, 2016, 06:56:57 pm
Park next to BWA.  here lately, you will have no problem finding a spot

^^This. Do they even put the flood lights on the Baum parking lot right now?

Last weekend I just parked on the west lawn of BWA. Nobody seemed to mind. Oh wait- nobody was there!

Bogghawg

There is a alley behind the row of fast food joints (Sonic, Arbys, Chick FilA) on the corner of MLK and Rzorback Rd where I have always found plenty of parking.  That's only half as far as Baum.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

NWAHog479

$5 parking at the Baptist place on old Clinton Drive. It's the first house on the right if you're coming from Pomfret. Been parking there for years and it's an easy/quick walk downhill to the Bud. Same guy has been running it since the 90s, good people too.

Arazorbackguy1

I remember back in the day when I was an off-campus student, I used to park for free in lot 56 without a pass. 

The way I'd do it is, I'd pull up to the parking attendants and roll down my window like I was going to ask them a question.  When they'd walk towards my car, I'd Gun it and take off down the hill in a blaze of laughter.  I'd usually drive around for 30 seconds, thoroughly confusing the attendants that were running as fast as they could after me. 

One time, there was a very determined attendant and he sniffed me out and told me, "you can't park here!!!"   I looked around at the hundreds of empty spots just before top-off and said, "tow me".  He didn't. 

Those were the care-free days.

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Danny J

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on December 08, 2016, 01:14:42 pm
I remember back in the day when I was an off-campus student, I used to park for free in lot 56 without a pass. 

The way I'd do it is, I'd pull up to the parking attendants and roll down my window like I was going to ask them a question.  When they'd walk towards my car, I'd Gun it and take off down the hill in a blaze of laughter.  I'd usually drive around for 30 seconds, thoroughly confusing the attendants that were running as fast as they could after me. 

One time, there was a very determined attendant and he sniffed me out and told me, "you can't park here!!!"   I looked around at the hundreds of empty spots just before top-off and said, "tow me".  He didn't. 

Those were the care-free days.
lol...I have a parking pass for lot 46 but its closer to park in 56. My Dad and I always go to the games and we drive his car with handicap tags. The lot is never full and they even rope some off for band equipment and parking where they park the band trailer.

lstewart

We always parking in the Pit on the north side of the football stadium. Some of that lot is blocked for construction, but there is still plenty of room. It is free, and about a 5 minute walk to the arena.