Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida basketball game

Started by parallaxpig, December 04, 2016, 07:40:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Belk bowl and Florida basketball game will overlap.  Any chance they will push start time of basketball game later?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

code red

Will b lucky if 5 k make it to Charlotte
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hamsam

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 04, 2016, 07:45:45 pm
Judging by attendance at the basketball games so far I would say no. Nobody is really watching them anyways. Which is kind of crazy since 72000 will show up to watch a 7-5 football team play a nobody but only 4k show up at the bball games. Just a thought.

IMO, basketball as a sport in general, sucks. Football is great to watch, even at a mediocre level.
Again, this is just my opinion... But evidently, based on attendance at the U of A, a LOT of people agree with me.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

The_Bionic_Pig

Simply annouce that you will show the Bowl game on the big screen in Bud Walton and delay the Basketball Game. 

Problem Solved...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

NuttinItUp

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 04, 2016, 08:48:38 pm
Simply annouce that you will show the Bowl game on the big screen in Bud Walton and delay the Basketball Game. 

Problem Solved...

Would probably more than double the basketball game attendance if they did that.

They could also make money on concessions and stuff.

But...........it is just way too good of an idea. Which is why the UA won't do it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 04, 2016, 07:45:45 pm
Judging by attendance at the basketball games so far I would say no. Nobody is really watching them anyways. Which is kind of crazy since 72000 will show up to watch a 7-5 football team play a nobody but only 4k show up at the bball games. Just a thought.

10  ,000 plus at the last basketball game. Should get a good crowd at the first SEC basketball game.

Hollywood870

Quote from: hogz11 on December 04, 2016, 08:42:13 pm
You're basically right.

Regular season basketball games mean so much less than regular season football games on top of the "watchability" factor.

If it isn't like Kentucky games when Portis & Qualls were here, basketball games don't come close to football games.
If you only knew of the times we used to have.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 04, 2016, 09:03:50 pm
If you only knew of the times we used to have.

It was a completely different sport back then.  And I miss it!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hobhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 04, 2016, 08:51:02 pm
Would probably more than double the basketball game attendance if they did that.

They could also make money on concessions and stuff.

But...........it is just way too good of an idea. Which is why the UA won't do it.
[/quote

Earlier post about moving BB game back and opening BWA early for watch party is good idea.

HognitiveDissonance

With the advent of the SEC Network, I'm sure that will dictate the starting time of the basketball game.
And since ESPN owns most of the bowl games plus the SEC Network, they will probably put the hoops game at 7 or 8pm that night. Kickoff is set for 4:30, I saw.

So, doesn't appear to be an overlap right now.

popcornhog

Quote from: hamsam on December 04, 2016, 08:01:24 pm
IMO, basketball as a sport in general, sucks. Football is great to watch, even at a mediocre level.
Again, this is just my opinion... But evidently, based on attendance at the U of A, a LOT of people agree with me.

I don't think it reflects peoples' opinions of basketball as a sport -- just of the program.

There is plenty to complain about in both sports, but if you look at the success over the past 15-20 years, football has given us more hope than hoops.
WPS

Danny J

Problem Solved...
That is a great idea....you would have to make the tip about 8:30 but not sure the Gators and the SEC would go for that. Could probably push the tip back to 8 but that conflicts with TV schedule. I guess it could be moved up to like 2 then show the football game afterwards? Sell a ton of concessions.

jkstock04

Arkansas still has a basketball program?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

parallaxpig

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 11:32:18 pm
Arkansas still has a basketball program?

With matching uniforms too........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J on December 04, 2016, 11:21:33 pm
That is a great idea....you would have to make the tip about 8:30 but not sure the Gators and the SEC would go for that. Could probably push the tip back to 8 but that conflicts with TV schedule. I guess it could be moved up to like 2 then show the football game afterwards? Sell a ton of concessions.

Can't move it to 2 because it is a Thursday game and most people work.

Dominicanhog

Problem Solved...

Definitely should use to their marketing advantage.. get people there early and spending.. they should be able to move the game time, if TV is not a problem...

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawgmasta

Gonna be a fun day, visiting family in NWA for the holidays. Would love to try an catch this game.

parallaxpig

Hopefully we will be in a good mood when we head to arena.