Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article in Lexington Warning Kentucky Fans............

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, September 29, 2017, 08:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

You do what you want, UK fans.

Mock your University of Louisville brethren. Taunt them.

Make their lives even more hellish than they've been since the FBI announced on Tuesday its wide-ranging investigation into college basketball corruption.

But do it at your own risk.

You've seen the shirts that former University of Kentucky quarterback Jared Lorenzen is selling. They've got dead birds, they talk about University 6 as Louisville is referenced in federal documents. One even shows a tournament bracket with the FBI beating the Cards.

Don't buy them, I'm telling you.

Fate, they say, is a cruel mistress, and you could be setting yourself up for a huge fall.

If you get the urge to joke that Rick Pitino is the best coach in UK history because he revived the almost-dead UK program following NCAA sanctions in the 1980s and killed its archrival's program this past week, just button your lip.

I'm not accusing John Calipari and his staff of anything.

But you know the perception of Calipari held by virtually everyone who's not a UK fan. He's been stripped of Final Four appearances at two different schools — he must be cheating, is what those who don't bleed blue think.

What you're going to find as this FBI probe widens is that there are a lot of people associated with every basketball program involved who will be blabbing everything they know.

You would, too, if you thought it would save you a few years in the federal penitentiary.

So with that understanding, if Louisville or any other school ever offered $50,000 to a high school athlete and he ended up signing with Kentucky, you can bet there will be FBI agents roaming all over Lexington.

And those agents will stay there until they find something. Anything. You've got to realize, taking down Pitino is huge. But taking down Kentucky and Calipari — there really aren't words to explain the immensity of it.

So, before you post that meme or crack wise on Twitter and Facebook, think about how well whatever you do will hold up in a week, or a month, or a year.

Because if there is anything at all out there that implicates Kentucky, the FBI and the NCAA are going to come gunning for UK.

And you're not going to want to put up with that crap from the Indiana fans who are going to taunt you — at least until the FBI's attention turns to them.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/joseph-gerth/2017/09/29/university-of-louisville-college-basketball-scandal-university-of-kentucky/713682001/
This is my non-signature signature.

theFlyingHog

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PonderinHog

Paul

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Paul on September 30, 2017, 09:42:12 am
Yep hope our house is made of bricks.

I bet you have a tinfoil hog hat.

It takes a special kind of paranoid to think this coaching staff or athletic department might be involved in this. The FBI is looking for fraud that involves a money trail not NCAA infractions.