Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McElwain, family and Florida players receiving death threats

Started by HoggieStyle, October 23, 2017, 10:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Sounds like they need to get some perspective by rekindling their memories of Ron Zook.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Some people just take fandom too far. Taking it this far is sickening. I take our losses pretty damn hard. But to take it to the point of threatening coaches and their families is just beyond sick.

Vantage 8 dude

I would truly hope and pray that no Arkansas fan no matter how upset, disgusted, or angry would think about such a despicable act. Be passionate in your support, however, remember to put the whole thing in perspective. No game or sport is worth such a ridiculous over reaction.

onebadrubi

johnny cash

East Clintwood

This is why I think it's ridiculous every time someone tries to tell us that Arkansas has the craziest, most out of control fans.

No.  Crazy, irrational fans are everywhere.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

factchecker

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 11:10:00 pm
I would truly hope and pray that no Arkansas fan no matter how upset, disgusted, or angry would think about such a despicable act. Be passionate in your support, however, remember to put the whole thing in perspective. No game or sport is worth such a ridiculous over reaction.

You realize that Brandon received death threats.  Some of our fans went after his sister on twitter as well because she defended him.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

kp72204

They need to just vent on their version hogville . we complain amongst ourselves but no death threats.

East Clintwood

No need to threaten people.

Why not poison some trees instead.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Brandon's truck getting torched wasn't football related.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

East Clintwood

1highhog

Boarsnest

Alabama fans just kill each other or family members after a loss.

nchogg

That's the world we live in today. It's not just football it's the way social media without a face do this on all aspects of life. People have become cowards behind a keyboard. In my day you looked a person in the eyes and voiced your disapproval to their face. I never say anything on social media that I would not say to a persons face.

1highhog

Yep, and Clemson fans are already calling for the head of Dabo Swinney, I'll take him as our Coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 24, 2017, 01:32:06 am
Brandon's truck getting torched wasn't football related.

So you are saying they ended up figuring this out?  Please tell...

riccoar

Probably not going to get any better going to #3 Georgia to play.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

riccoar

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2017, 07:23:53 am

Was not fan related.  Work of an arsonist.  His and a couple others were torched.  People jumped on the conspiracy wagon pretty quick though.

http://www.4029tv.com/article/police-seek-answers-in-arson-investigations/4953329

jgphillips3

The next time someone says Arkansas fans are the worst for wanting a miserable failure of a coach - who sucks worse than anything we have seen since Crowe - gone, point this out.  Oh yeah, and it was Florida and it's Fire Zook campaign that inspired our banners.  We are nothing...NOTHING...compared to the fans of Auburn, Florida, etc when it comes to crazy.

elksnort

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 23, 2017, 11:51:25 pm
This is why I think it's ridiculous every time someone tries to tell us that Arkansas has the craziest, most out of control fans.

No.  Crazy, irrational fans are everywhere.

EXACTLY

elksnort

Quote from: kp72204 on October 23, 2017, 11:56:47 pm
They need to just vent on their version hogville . we complain amongst ourselves but no death threats.
Agree. Folks here on Hogville get mad at each other, but mainly because we care about our team. This place can be cathartic at times. And I certainly don't hold it against those who call me names or call my comments bs. Sometimes it is too much but mostly it's just folks venting.

It is just a game.

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 24, 2017, 07:53:12 am
The next time someone says Arkansas fans are the worst for wanting a miserable failure of a coach - who sucks worse than anything we have seen since Crowe - gone, point this out.  Oh yeah, and it was Florida and it's Fire Zook campaign that inspired our banners.  We are nothing...NOTHING...compared to the fans of Auburn, Florida, etc when it comes to crazy.
Thank you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: elksnort on October 24, 2017, 08:00:02 am
Agree. Folks here on Hogville get mad at each other, but mainly because we care about our team. This place can be cathartic at times. And I certainly don't hold it against those who call me names or call my comments bs. Sometimes it is too much but mostly it's just folks venting.

It is just a game.
Ah....we love you too. :D :D  Seriously though you are right , agree 100%.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2017, 07:23:53 am

I can't give exact details but consider it a crime of passion that was retribution for being done dirty.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

hawgon

Remember the Alabama fan who shot and killed his son after they lost to Arkansas?  I do, though you can be forgiven if you don't because it was so long ago.

Anyone saying that Arkansas fans are crazy is just stupid.  I mean it's gotten to the point that people like Finebaum and others are openly wondering why we are not more angry with Bert and how at any other SEC school he would already be out.

Grizzlyfan

jjdlc

I would honestly be more shocked if CBB hadn't received death threats.  That happens pretty much everywhere.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawgon on October 24, 2017, 09:24:02 am
Remember the Alabama fan who shot and killed his son after they lost to Arkansas?  I do, though you can be forgiven if you don't because it was so long ago.

Anyone saying that Arkansas fans are crazy is just stupid.  I mean it's gotten to the point that people like Finebaum and others are openly wondering why we are not more angry with Bert and how at any other SEC school he would already be out.

Well truth be told they are probably getting impatient waiting for the chance to tell us how stupid/ignorant/crazy etc we are for firing Mr Uncommon.

Redhogs

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 24, 2017, 10:01:18 am
Well truth be told they are probably getting impatient waiting for the chance to tell us how stupid/ignorant/crazy etc we are for firing Mr Uncommon.
No actually..most of the national media is talking about how crazy we are for not having fired him already..seriously...

jgphillips3

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2017, 10:11:35 am
No actually..most of the national media is talking about how crazy we are for not having fired him already..seriously...

Exactly.  When you play in the SEC West, and show as poorly as he has, the Nation expects a University to fire him.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2017, 10:11:35 am

I think we mean the same thing just are saying it differently.  I was kinda saying they are wishing we had fired him last year so they could spend all this year making fun of us.

Your giving the media 🤑 more credit than I am, were Arkansas is concerned.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Honestly, the amount of time, $$$$, and emotion spent on football in America is just stupid. Acting like this over a game just shows how stupid it has become.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 24, 2017, 01:26:59 am
His car being burned wasn't nor is it funny today.  Some of the hypocrites on here are hilarious.  No death threats, our fans just burn cars!
Definitely not something to laugh at but if i went and made a few hundred thousand dollars or maybe even a few million as a backup QB in the NFL. I might look back and laugh in one of my big new trucks.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2017, 11:17:42 am
Honestly, the amount of time, $$$$, and emotion spent on football in America is just stupid. Acting like this over a game just shows how stupid it has become.

I agree with you, but it's the same just about everywhere. Overseas they are killing people over soccer games. In London, pubs often advertise that they DO NOT show soccer matches (which means it's a safe place to have a beer without getting cold cocked).

greasy_corner

Quote from: hawgon on October 24, 2017, 09:24:02 am

Didn't kill him...just tried to after the loss.