Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn-3

Started by gmarv, February 20, 2014, 09:45:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

last night was my first time watching a hog game
on espn-3 or whatever its called today.it was a terrible
experience never looked at so many freeze frames in my
life.video was terrible.etc.etc. is this normal?

Rbill

No, sounds like maybe your internet speed. How many mb/s do you get?

hambone

Quote from: gmarv on February 20, 2014, 09:45:42 am

I'll agree that the quality needs to get better, but it sure beat trying to listen to the game with Chuck calling it.

I swear you can't tell what is going on with that bum calling the game. The crowd will roar so you know something happened and it takes him another 2 or 3 seconds to spit it out and the crowd starts reacting to something else.

I feel you, but thank you lucky stars at the same time.

RazrRila99

I have watched SEVERAL games on ESPN3/WatchESPN, havent had a problem.  Maybe your connection speed?  What is your speed to your modem/router?  Need at least 12mbps to stream it decently.  I got kicked off with about 125 left to play, was not a happy camper. 

The_Iceman

I have two laptops at my house. My wife's old Acer will play it at high def and no skips. My newer Dell is low quality and stalls. Same internet, different results.

I've never figured out how to fix it.

BENJAMINX

last night my espn3 video never loaded, it just spun and spun. I had no problems streaming it from arkansasrazorbacks.com. Uverse is my provider.  Also, our last two games are only being broadcast by espn3, so i've got that going for me.

Hawgdrummer7

I've also got Uverse. 12mbps is good enough for me, but I've got my Xbox plugged right into the router. I don't remember last time I had a problem watching anything on ESPN 3. I've also never watched us play a home game on there. Perhaps it is an issue with the stream
Coming from BWA, or maybe you're running off wifi and not plugged in directly.
Woo Pig Drum

catfish07

I watch most of the games on ESPN 3 and never have issues. Could be a unique experience but feed is good.
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

johnsonswitch

I also got kicked off the stream right at the end of the game.
But that rarely happens, even with my 5Mbps Uverse internet.

I watch thru the Watch ESPN App on a Roku.
I don't have Uverse TV, just the internet service.
I'm a "cord cutter", with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and a good antenna for local channels.

I recently had the bright idea of asking a family member for their Uverse login info.
Now I can watch all ESPN content on my Roku, iPad or iPhone.
They would never use this capability because they never leave their house.
REALLY cool for me.
I've been missing a lot of live sports.

gmarv

i,m on uverse.we have the mid range package not sure of the mbps.
i also have a very low computer i.q.,i,m even worse about my knowledge
of the internet.what i did was disconnect my hdmi cable from my blue ray player
and connect it into my laptop.was this my mistake.

Rbill

Quote from: gmarv on February 20, 2014, 11:26:16 am

go to speedtest.net and run the speedtest. If it's over 5 mb/s you shouldn't really have much trouble streaming. If it's over 10 the internet is definitely not your problem. Unless of course you have 5 different people in the house all using the internet at once on various devices that could be a problem too. Potentially it could be the laptop itself struggling.

PonderinHog

Doesn't the quality of the graphics card have a lot to do with this?

Rbill

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 20, 2014, 11:57:11 am
Doesn't the quality of the graphics card have a lot to do with this?

My first guess would be something like not enough memory. Maybe the HDD is completely full and the whole thing just runs slow. Lots of programs open and it just can't keep up with processing it all.

thirtythree

i also have u-verse. I watched the game on espn3 last night and had no issues at all.

trashcan maN

If you have cheap internet, you may not have the bandwidth to stream at the highest definition. If it's the end of your payment period, and you have used alot of bandwidth throughout the month, the ISP may be throttling your bandwidth, making streaming even slower.

If it's really really low quality, like where you can't even read the score, just exit and reload the stream. It glitches sometimes.

I stream seamlessly on ESPN3 in HD. It's likely an ISP issue.

FearTheTusk91

Since I'm out of the CSS/Cox/SEC Network area, I watch every game on ESPN3 and I've never had any issues.  When I lived in Arkansas I did, it was just due to terrible internet service.  You've got to have a pretty strong connection to playback seamlessly.

redrazorback64

I was kicked off at the end of the game also, and I have plenty of bandwidth.  Maybe it was just their servers last night, because I don't usually have issues.

jjdlc

Definitely sounds like a bandwidth problem.  I have watched several games through ESPN3 on my 60" and it looks very good.  Not as good as HD through my cable box, but worlds better than Razorvision.  I have had it glitch a time or two and I'd have to restart my browser, but thats pretty rare.

I will say, I switched over to cable at half time, so it could have cut out after that last night.

johnsonswitch

Quote from: gmarv on February 20, 2014, 11:26:16 am

Trying to use your internal graphics card to drive external monitors of any type can definitely affect your computer's speed and usability.
You could try watching just on the laptop and not hooking up the HDMI cable to the TV.
Might help you figure out this issue.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: BENJAMINX on February 20, 2014, 10:47:41 am
last night my espn3 video never loaded, it just spun and spun. I had no problems streaming it from arkansasrazorbacks.com. Uverse is my provider.  Also, our last two games are only being broadcast by espn3, so i've got that going for me.

Will these games that are not available on TV be available on Razorvision. I say this because my sorry, lowdown, pig kissing, dog licking, imbred, good for nothin ISP (TDS) doesn't provide ESPN3! Hallelujah! And holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?!

LZH

Quote from: johnsonswitch on February 20, 2014, 03:51:43 pm
Trying to use your internal graphics card to drive external monitors of any type can definitely affect your computer's speed and usability.
You could try watching just on the laptop and not hooking up the HDMI cable to the TV.

I tried to answer your PM but it says your inbox is full.  Empty it out and holler back at me.

azhog10

I watched from my computer and had very little issues. I would get a minute of poor video but hten the clarity was back. I watch most games on ESPN 3 since I am out of state.

gmarv

i do appreciate all the responses guys,next time i,ll try it on my
computer and see if it works better.also i ain,t complaing about
getting to see the game,just hoping to learn how next time
to make my viewing a little better.   thanks

RyeHogFan

But seriously guys, with the last two games being completely unavailable on TV, would Razorvision offer this for those who can't get espn3? Is there any precedent for this?

LZH

Quote from: johnsonswitch on February 20, 2014, 03:51:43 pm

I got your reply but it still says your inbox is full.  Send me an email address if you wanna.

lookinupthehill

C'mon guys.  You're asking someone who is using the comma for an apostrophe and admittedly bad at computers to check his upload speed online?  Let's temper expectations a bit all around.  And if you're trying to watch ESPN3 on a circa 1997 Compaq with a CRT monitor the picture is going to suck so don't try and blame the broadcast.  I have Uverse loaded through my Xbox One with relatively mediocre internet speeds by today's standards and the game went through without a hitch.  Uverse does have a problem with their web bandwidth by design since the TV and internet run in through the same pipe but it's never caused me an issue unless my kids are on the other Xbox and three people are on their iPhones pulling off my Wifi. 

gmarv

i guess thats one way to make yourself feel surperior.

rzrbackramsfan

I watch it on a chrome book, decent quality and picture, however, I have issue getting it to go full screen. 

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: gmarv on February 20, 2014, 09:45:42 am

Hate that. I love ESPN3. Never a single issue. Definitely has to do with internet speed.

Birminghog

We typically watch ESPN3 on Apple TV & seldom f ever have problems, but last night was unusually bad. Wondering whether it was the feed or my wi-fi. I'm guessing it was the feed.

Don't give up on ESPN3. It's usually very good.

gmarv

since our last 2 games are only on espn-3. i,ll be watching it
hopefully it,ll be better, but even bad tv is better than no tv.

immahog

todays game is on espn 3 as well guess ill have to catch a radio
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog