Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Recruiting

Started by Hogtied85, November 17, 2017, 09:48:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

With the signing of Rokia Doumbia for 2018, how many spots do we have left for 2018 class?

Chelsea and A'tyuanna will be ready next year and technically apart of 2018 class but with the departure of Devin Cosper that will leaves with two spots? please correct me if I'm wrong. Who are we recruiting to fill those two spots for next year?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Hogtired10 on November 17, 2017, 09:48:36 am
With the signing of Rokia Doumbia for 2018, how many spots do we have left for 2018 class?

Chelsea and A'tyuanna will be ready next year and technically apart of 2018 class but with the departure of Devin Cosper that will leaves with two spots? please correct me if I'm wrong. Who are we recruiting to fill those two spots for next year?
I believe this has been answered before, but here is what I know.  The coaching staff would logically take anyone that could help them, but we look pretty well set at the guard and small forward spots for the next two years.  We need height in the post, but we will not just take a body to fill a roster spot.  If one comes available through transfer or junior college that can help us and will fit into our team concept, they will go after her.  However, at this time they have not identified anyone that actually fits that need.  They are looking at  least at one JC player, but I do not believe they have made a decision her.  Transfers would only develop after the season is over.  I would say that it is probably less than 50% chance that we will find anyone that we want to sign, but I have been wrong before.

Hogtied85

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on November 17, 2017, 10:11:54 am
I believe this has been answered before, but here is what I know.  The coaching staff would logically take anyone that could help them, but we look pretty well set at the guard and small forward spots for the next two years.  We need height in the post, but we will not just take a body to fill a roster spot.  If one comes available through transfer or junior college that can help us and will fit into our team concept, they will go after her.  However, at this time they have not identified anyone that actually fits that need.  They are looking at  least at one JC player, but I do not believe they have made a decision her.  Transfers would only develop after the season is over.  I would say that it is probably less than 50% chance that we will find anyone that we want to sign, but I have been wrong before.

Do you know the name of the JC player???

I found this young ladies on ESPN recruiting services but I am not sure if she is on out radar, but I wanted to add her info anyway.

Stephanie Soares 6-6

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/228895

LadybackBBFan

No I do not know the name of the JC player.

LadybackBBFan

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/228895
Is there any more information on the internet that anyone can find.  I know she plays for Mount Baker High School which is a class 1A in Texas.  She had an older sister who graduated last year and does not appear to be playing basketball in college, but I am not able to find out much more.  Appears to have been living in Brazil with her parents who were Missionaries until last year.  Very interesting prospect that may be overlooked or being evaluated this season and may also be a project.

nwahogfan1

I would love a 6'5 lady but many times you can win a lot of games with an athletic 6'2 lady as long as she has some weight and strength and plays with toughness.    A lot of pushing and shoving in the paint to get good position in the Girls game because so many ladies do not have a great vertical.   I wonder if we might go after one of those?

flippinhogmana

we will pick up another quality 6-3/6-6 girl this spring (whether JC, signee or transfer) mark it down.  It will happen
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 19, 2017, 11:13:17 am
we will pick up another quality 6-3/6-6 girl this spring (whether JC, signee or transfer) mark it down.  It will happen
I hope you are right, but how can you be so sure?

logic

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on November 19, 2017, 04:20:11 pm
  I hope you are right, but how can you be so sure?
Few things are certain so I'm sure it is mostly wishful thinking.  However, it may happen.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jackflash

I believe getting a big post player will happen