Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Predictions

Started by Roaringboar, October 22, 2017, 06:31:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think the game will go? (Serious Question)

Blowout win for the Hogs
3 (2.9%)
Close win for the Hogs
21 (20.4%)
Close win for Ole Miss
48 (46.6%)
Blowout win for Ole Miss
31 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Roaringboar

This is a serious question......Now I don't think we will get slaughtered by Ole Miss like we were by Auburn, but I do think they are going to be looking for a rally win at home after being thumped by LSU......

I've got Ole Miss beating the Hogs 38-24........this is me being very optimistic because my gut and head tells me Ole Miss wins because we collapse in the second half causing us to lose in same Ole Bert embarassing fashion with a score of like 49-14........But I'm going with my heart and saying the Hogs at least try to hang in there........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

They aren't very good but most likely would have beaten us in Oxford with a healthy Shea Patterson. Since Shea is out we should win. But I see that as nothing but a Last gasp of a beached whale.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Sed76

I think the Rebel Land Shark Bears will pull away and win comfortably. Another poor performance from the offensive line will have Kelley struggling. Defense will make the Ole Miss back up looking like the second coming of Johnny Football. Afterwards Bret will talk about how close we are.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 22, 2017, 06:35:37 pm
They aren't very good but most likely would have beaten us in Oxford with a healthy Shea Patterson. Since Shea is out we should win. But I see that as nothing but a Last gasp of a beached whale.

I understand that, which is why I do think it could be close, but look at how our starting defense has been performing against our opponents second stringers.......it's not looking good, and as bad as Ole Miss is this year, I think they really would like to finish at least 6-6, so I can see them really giving it everything they've got at home......our staff seems to be unable to develop any type of strategy at all.......that's what worries me......

Roaringboar

Quote from: Sed76 on October 22, 2017, 06:38:42 pm
I think the Rebel Land Shark Bears will pull away and win comfortably. Another poor performance from the offensive line will have Kelley struggling. Defense will make the Ole Miss back up looking like the second coming of Johnny Football. Afterwards Bret will talk about how close we are.

Is Kelley for sure in? And what about any O-line injuries, I know Wallace looked banged up.......Not arguing, I think you could be right, but Ole Miss isn't very hot either, but they do have a win against Vanderbilt, and I don't think we're better than Vandy at all.......

On the other hand, Patterson is out......that could be a game changer........like I said, I think you could be right, our staff sucks at developing any type of gameplan whatsoever.....

HoggyCat

Unknown coach, unknown QB. No answers from Sesame Street. Hostile environment. 11:00 kick. Still looking for answers on OL.  But it's not a blowout.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

East Clintwood

I would've had this as another blowout loss by Bert's team but the injury to the Ole Miss QB turns this into a close game.

Still a loss, but a close one/
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

kclvr

Their backup QB is a juco transfer that had several big runs and was very efficient at running the offense. Will be another long Saturday I am afraid.

DemiHOG

Don't be think we will win, no reason to assume anything else.

The real Hogules

We'll be trailing at halftime on the road and our 2nd half script never changes.........Old Myth by 2 td's, 28-14.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 22, 2017, 06:35:37 pm
I'll predict absolutely nothing when it comes to the Hogs and an actual SEC-P5-victory. While admittedly at first when I learned of Patterson's injury I said "this likely improves our chances to win" then I came to my senses and realized "oh my gosh, it's still the same Hog team, especially defense". At that point my mind came back in focus and I marked this down as a "L".

Roaringboar

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 07:39:28 pm
I'll predict absolutely nothing when it comes to the Hogs and an actual SEC-P5-victory. While admittedly at first when I learned of Patterson's injury I said "this likely improves our chances to win" then I came to my senses and realized "oh my gosh, it's still the same Hog team, especially defense". At that point my mind came back in focus and I marked this down as a "L".

I understand you're point, and I for sure am a downer on this program right now, but even I have to admit that it could be a tough one to start a new QB in a season like what they're having........

NuttinItUp

jgphillips3

I can see this as our only SEC victory.  I can also see it as just another loss.  My gut says Ole Miss 34, Arkansas 24.  That could be flipped though.  This is our most winnable SEC game left on the schedule.  Lose it...staring at an 0-fer...again.

SultanofSwine

Recent history shows we seldom can build a big first half lead, when we do we will likely squander it and if we trail at half the game could and should be called because it apparently is against he law for us to attempt a comeback.

Costal is the only game left that should be a win. Expect to loose the rest.

Roaringboar

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 22, 2017, 08:53:47 pm
I can see this as our only SEC victory.  I can also see it as just another loss.  My gut says Ole Miss 34, Arkansas 24.  That could be flipped though.  This is our most winnable SEC game left on the schedule.  Lose it...staring at an 0-fer...again.

I can agree with that too......I just, this staff is so bad at creating a plan......look at these last two weeks.....every team you watch generally comes up with a game plan and they stick to it......Does Bert......Nope......I keep saying this and I mean it, I'm really having a hard time determining whether we are really a power-run football team or are we just some pretenders that are placing all of our faith in the passing game.......I feel it's a legitmate question considering I really don't feel like this team has a unique identity of it's own........That's a key factor in every football team is that unique identity of how you do things......I feel like we're in the midst of an identity crisis.....even when they talk about our run game on t.v., they aren't talking about Hayden or Devwah, they're talking about David Williams who they insist on reminding the audience "is a graduate transfer out of South Carolina" which to me seems a bit like the commentator kind of laughing at the fact we need another univeristy's four year running back in order to even have a rushing game, especially since Devwah is under-performing so much, and Hayden now is hurt.......