Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Mayberry

Started by claycohog, May 08, 2015, 08:13:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

What does the future hold for him?  He is about to have his degree.  Only time will tell. :razorback:

chiefhawg

Lee can move from student assistant to graduate assistant as he waits for his call. Mike Anderson has a track record with graduate assistants in helping them find jobs.

UNCLE BACK

My Guess is Zimmerman out Mayberry in...

jry04

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 08, 2015, 12:27:53 pm
My Guess is Zimmerman out Mayberry in...
Zimmerman out because he takes another job?

I can promise you Zimmerman will never be out unless it is because he gets a head coaching job.

claycohog

Quote from: jry04 on May 08, 2015, 12:32:34 pm
Zimmerman out because he takes another job?

I can promise you Zimmerman will never be out unless it is because he gets a head coaching job.
Really?  Head coaching job at what level?

UNCLE BACK

Zimmerman will now sit under the bench instead of on it? Or maybe walk under it...

azhog10

Quote from: claycohog on May 08, 2015, 12:35:01 pm
Probably high school or NAIA or D2 level. Doubt it would be at the D1 level. Would have happened already if there was a want or need for him there.

chiefhawg

Zimmerman and Mike have a strong relationship. Zimmerman took a leap of faith joining an unproven Mike Anderson at a down UAB. Mike asked Matt to go with him to Alabama as he began his first Head Coaching job. Really think about what these two guys have accomplished so far. This could be a story fit for ESPN 30 for 30 or SEC Storied. Matt was a Arkansas Class A high school coach? Yet Mike wanted him to help get things going at UAB. And they together got things turned around. Then they did the same at Missouri now Arkansas. No way Mike lets him go unless Zimmerman decides on his own to do something different.

Mike and Matt and have been a successful team for the last 14 or so years. 

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: chiefhawg on May 08, 2015, 12:57:21 pm
Zimmerman and Mike have a strong relationship. Zimmerman took a leap of faith joining an unproven Mike Anderson at a down UAB. Mike asked Matt to go with him to Alabama as he began his first Head Coaching job. Really think about what these two guys have accomplished so far. This could be a story fit for ESPN 30 for 30 or SEC Storied. Matt was a Arkansas Class A high school coach? Yet Mike wanted him to help get things going at UAB. And they together got things turned around. Then they did the same at Missouri now Arkansas. No way Mike lets him go unless Zimmerman decides on his own to do something different.

You have no idea how Mike treats Matt... He is not even allowed to go on recruiting trips... 

Atlhogfan1

You could write bios for the media guides. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 08, 2015, 01:01:45 pm
You have no idea how Mike treats Matt... He is not even allowed to go on recruiting trips... 

And he never lets poor Matty join any recruiting games. Then one foggy recruiting season MA came to say, we need a commit from a 4 star big tonight. Help me get my recruiting right......
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

WorfHog

And he only gets to eat the leftovers from the cold cut trays.

azhog10

This isn't true though. Obviously you have no idea either.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 08, 2015, 01:01:55 pm
You could write bios for the media guides.
He coached at an A and 3A school.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on May 08, 2015, 11:06:10 pm
He coached at an A and 3A school.

Doesn't matter. chief can write a helluva fluff piece. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Nipsey Mussle

Love the positivity but you let it get away from you a bit on this one, to say the least lol.

A guy coaching a low classification high school took a big leap in joining a coaching staff at UAB? Lol, come on now. MA took a leap on Zimmerman and I'm guessing it paid off (I really have no idea what he does/doesn't contribute but he's kept his position).

jry04

Quote from: claycohog on May 08, 2015, 12:35:01 pm
Really what? I never said he will get one. I am saying he will not be replaced by Lee Mayberry unless he leaves for a HC job. Mike is never getting rid of Zimmerman. They have been together since Mike was at UAB. Only a fool would think Zimmerman is getting asked to leave, so I had to assume the poster was referring to him taking another job.

Yet he is the one responsible for handling all of the recruits visits while they are on campus? Just like your cold cuts story, I do not believe you. Maybe Zimmerman ordered those cold cuts.

koreaben

Coach Zimmerman said, I called (for) that tray (of cold cuts) Chuck!!
Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.