Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1992 Alabama Game Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, April 23, 2015, 12:34:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Highlights of the 90-87 win over Alabama in 92, enjoy!

chiefhawg

phadedhawg

dhornjr1

I don't remember much about this game, but I remember the game against Alabama in the SEC Tournament that year.

Eric Washington hit that shot to beat us and Wimp Sanderson had that stupid look on his face. :puke:

phadedhawg

I remember the game @ Alabama around that time period where they called Day for a charge on a turnaround jumper that cost us the game. 

I might get over it.....someday

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: phadedhawg on April 23, 2015, 01:27:59 pm
I remember the game @ Alabama around that time period where they called Day for a charge on a turnaround jumper that cost us the game. 

I was at the Barnhill game and the Birmingham game.
I've often said that three game series with Alabama that year was some of the best basketball you'll ever see. Lots of great play and NBA guys on the floor.
If I remember the scores right, it was 65-63 at T-Town, 90-87 at Fay, and 90-89 in Birmingham when Todd Day had 39.

dhornjr1

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 23, 2015, 02:18:36 pm
I was at the Barnhill game and the Birmingham game.
I've often said that three game series with Alabama that year was some of the best basketball you'll ever see. Lots of great play and NBA guys on the floor.
If I remember the scores right, it was 65-63 at T-Town, 90-87 at Fay, and 90-89 in Birmingham when Todd Day had 39.

That was some really good basketball back then. Alabama was always tough. Even LSU was a tough game after Shaquille O'Neal left.

chiefhawg

Don Rutledge was the referee. I will never forget but it does not bother me. Rutledge was saying welcome to the SEC.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 23, 2015, 12:51:55 pm
Warren Linn was on fire.

Linn used to workout at the gym I went to in Tulsa. The guy is a monster now!!

Hogimus Prime

I remember Big O trapping a bama guard in the base line.  The guard lowered his shoulder into Big O to try and move him but the guard bounced out of bounds instead and the ref called s foul on Big O.

rzrbackramsfan

I work with warren Lynn's cousin... She enjoyed the video.

MCHogger

We were unbelievably skilled back then...

ishankem

I will always remember one of best games at BAMA when they had Latrell sprewell & Robert Horry and we had Day & Mayberry. It was a great game
But BAMA held on to win in final minutes on a charge by Day, I think at the end.

dhornjr1

Quote from: MCHogger on April 24, 2015, 01:58:28 am

We sure were. But to hear many people talk at that time, the only reason we were successful was because we had better athletes than the other teams.

Living in Harrison at the time, I heard it constantly. 

McKdaddy

6 guys drafted in '92 from these 2 teams, 2 from bama and 4 from UA. Very impressive.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

chiefhawg

Quote from: ishankem on May 02, 2015, 11:12:55 pm
I will always remember one of best games at BAMA when they had Latrell sprewell & Robert Horry and we had Day & Mayberry. It was a great game
But BAMA held on to win in final minutes on a charge by Day, I think at the end.
Don't forget James "Hollywood" Robinson. That guy could really chew gum and play ball at the same time. You would have to have watched him play to get the reference.

hogman99

Quote from: MCHogger on April 24, 2015, 01:58:28 am

Yes we were.

I also noticed how little Nolan pressed in that game to ensure his best players could play a lot a minutes.  He knew a token press would give up easy layups to a really good team and Miller, Day and Mayberry would tire out.  It also forced the team to not rely on easy turnover points and made them focus on the fundamentals of the game. The fundamentals that team had made them so skilled and those things can be taught.  This would be a great game tape the current staff should study this summer.

PonderinHog

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 23, 2015, 02:24:59 pm
Don Rutledge was the referee. I will never forget but it does not bother me. Rutledge was saying welcome to the SEC.
I don't hate anybody, but I will make an exception for Don Rutledge.   >:(