Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CMA Grade

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, March 16, 2015, 01:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

After the end of the regular season in year 4, what grade do you give CMA?

A
192 (41.9%)
B
202 (44.1%)
C
48 (10.5%)
D
10 (2.2%)
F
6 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 456

TheRazorbackGuy

The improvement is there and the steps have been taken. I'm going with a B.

rzrbkf4n

I went with B. If he wins the SEC next year he will get an A.

Very happy with what he's done though! And the players. Don't forget the players too now.

Hog Fan from Camden

Happy with the results this year but room for improvement.  I gave him a B.

The_Iceman

Top 25 Ranking
26-8 Record
#5 Seed in the NCAA Tournament
Two Top 50 Incoming Recruits
SEC Regular Season Runner Up
SEC Tournament Runner Up

A so far!

hawginbigd1

First in at C, I expected more and I think CMA would agree.

jry04

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 16, 2015, 01:32:06 pm
To start the season you expected more? You expected a 4 seed? You expected 27+ wins?

rzrbkf4n

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 16, 2015, 01:32:06 pm

so you expected a 30 point blowout of every single team we have faced and a 1 seed with a two round bye?

Youngsta71701

I'm going with an A considering the fact he still doesn't  have all the pieces he needs and we still finished 2nd in the SEC and got a #5 seed in the NCAA tournament.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawg Red

I gave him a B. And that's not just for this year, that's year-to-date at Arkansas. I thought it took him a little too long to get to both the NIT and the NCAAs, but he got to both. He got us back in the top 3 of the SEC, though I do worry what we'll look like next year if Portis leaves. Recruiting has also been a little better than I anticipated. So, really, it's that he didn't get into the postseason until Year 3 that I've dinged him for. I felt we had the talent to make the NIT in Year 2.

For just this season, I give him an A because we achieved precisely what I had hoped and projected that we'd achieve from an end-results standpoint. Can't remember the last time my expectations were met.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 16, 2015, 01:31:36 pm
Top 25 Ranking
26-8 Record
SEC Tournament Runner Up

A so far!

+1
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hawginbigd1

Quote from: rzrbkf4n on March 16, 2015, 01:39:27 pm
so you expected a 30 point blowout of every single team we have faced and a 1 seed with a two round bye?
Quote from: jry04 on March 16, 2015, 01:36:14 pm
To start the season you expected more? You expected a 4 seed? You expected 27+ wins?
I believe he came here with the idea this season would have been here by last year, maybe i am reading the question wrong but I am taking it to mean the overall progress of his tenure. I am not saying I am not happy with this season!

rzrbkf4n

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 16, 2015, 01:46:36 pm
I believe he came here with the idea this season would have been here by last year, maybe i am reading the question wrong but I am taking it to mean the overall progress of his tenure. I am not saying I am not happy with this season!

Fair enough. I guess this is for overall grade in his whole tenure. Still a B but trending magnificently.

Can't wait for Portis to dominate all over some fools in the tourney!!!!!

DLUXHOG

Come on.... Damn.... !!!   A !
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 16, 2015, 01:54:49 pm
Come on.... Damn.... !!!   A !

This is what I'm thinking. Best record since 1995, serious run in the SEC tournament and hopefully similar in the NCAAs. With the obvious caveat that a championship is desirable and the best possible outcome, really, what are ya'll expecting?
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

HotlantaHog

I give him an A. Not perfect but you don't have to score a 100 to be an A.

razorbackfan86

I'm going with an A for this year. We are back in the tournament for the 1st time since 2008 and did it rather comfortably. We didn't fold down the stretch, and as someone previously mentioned 2nd place in reg season and conf tourney. Also we got the "can't win on the road" monkey off our backs.

intelligence

gmarv

I went with an A.best record in how many years.
yeah I think I,m right an A.

-Blu

If we're saying this year then I go with an A.  I thought we would be pretty good this year and be anywhere from a 6-9 seed in the tournament, and finish 3rd in the SEC.  We actually finished 2nd and got a 5 seed.

As far as CMA's entire time here I would have to agree with Hawg Red, and say B.  I thought we had a good enough team in year 2 to make the NIT and thought last year's team was a team that should have snuck in the tournament, we probably came up a game or 2 short. 

Rawland Watson

B+ got hang a banner to get an A
hard work and dedication

intelligence

Quote from: gmarv on March 16, 2015, 02:20:24 pm
I went with an A.best record in how many years.
yeah I think I,m right an A.
It's gotta be an A. from where we've came to where we are now. It's a solid A.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Rawland Watson on March 16, 2015, 02:26:12 pm

I understand and respect your opinion, but...... the program has been a dumpster fire for what?  2 decades?   What CMA has done this year is nothing short of amazing.... (even if they get bounced first round of NCAA, which I highly doubt and think will occur.....)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

razorbackfanatic

This year I give him a 92%! Overall at Arkansas I give him an 85%. Like some have said I feel like if we would have gotten to the NIT by year 2 and NCAA last season he would have a low A overall.

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 16, 2015, 01:31:36 pm
Top 25 Ranking
26-8 Record
SEC Tournament Runner Up

A so far!

rohnjobus

He gets an A for this year, but a B for his overall 4 years. 

RacinRazorback

I gave him a B. Great year all the way around. Lost a couple we shouldn't have and won a couple maybe we shouldn't have. He must keep recruiting at a high level. A class guy running a class program! WPS!

GuvHog

Quote from: jry04 on March 16, 2015, 01:36:14 pm

I predicted a 15-3 Conference regular season record and a 12-1 non conference regular season record with 2 wins in the SEC tournament. That's pretty darn close.

For this season I'll give Mike a "B" for now but if the Hogs make the Sweet 16, I'll likely move the grade up a bit.

As for Mike's 4 year grade at Arkansas, I'll give him a "B-" since I consider him to be right on schedule. That too could move up.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TomBigBeeHog

This year? he gets an A+ Simple and plain.  Over all. A-
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rawland Watson on March 16, 2015, 02:26:12 pm

Yeah, I think so too.  Or at minimum beat everyone on your schedule you should have beaten.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GuvHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 16, 2015, 03:19:48 pm
This year? he gets an A+ Simple and plain.  Over all. A-

An "A+" denotes a perfect season. Mike's done a great job but let's not get carried away.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jry04

Quote from: GuvHog on March 16, 2015, 03:06:39 pm
I predicted a 15-3 Conference regular season record and a 12-1 non conference regular season record with 2 wins in the SEC tournament. That's pretty darn close.

For this season I'll give Mike a "B" for now but if the Hogs make the Sweet 16, I'll likely move the grade up a bit.

As for Mike's 4 year grade at Arkansas, I'll give him a "B-" since I consider him to be right on schedule. That too could move up.
I predicted 23-8 (12-6), so we did about what I expected. However, I am still giving him a B to B+. I am just curious how someone could give him a C, and say they expected more. That means they expected us to get a 4 or better, and win 27+ games. That seems like unrealistic expectations based on where we were last season.

Razorfox

I went with a B (really a B+).  Would have gone with an A had we not gotten destroyed by Ole Miss at home and had the season ending loss to LSU. 

That being said, we need to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament not to let some disappointment creep back in. 

Hawg Red

Who gave him a D?

Put your name on that.

Tusks

His grade for since he took over the program......A

For this season.....A

For him to maintain an A he needs to play in the regional finals a couple of times in the next 3 years.

Considering how bad the hogs have been over the last 15 years its great to be 'back'.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hog Milanese

B, but only because recruiting has been inconsistent at best, and we should've made the tourney last year. The 2015 class is looking great, though. Maybe a new facility will make all the difference.

hogsanity

Are we talking about for just this season or for the 4 years in total?

This season, B. Clemson, FLA and LSU keep it from being an A.

For 4 years combined, C, he has done exactly what I thought he would do, nothing more, nothing less. Just average.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 16, 2015, 04:09:34 pm
Who gave him a D?

Put your name on that.

Unlikely to get anyone to claim that. Probably one of those posters who don't post around here much that's upset that their Anti-Mike agenda got buried.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 16, 2015, 04:24:26 pm
Unlikely to get anyone to claim that. Probably one of those posters who don't post around here much that's upset that their Anti-Mike agenda got buried.

If you go both on and off the court, especially with the academic issues he took over, I would say an A-. Not going to the NCAA last year cost him the solid A.

If it's just results on the court, then a B. Again, Not going last year hurt his overall grade, IMO.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: GuvHog on March 16, 2015, 03:37:59 pm
An "A+" denotes a perfect season. Mike's done a great job but let's not get carried away.

does not denote a perfect season. just means that the numerous 20 year landmarks achieved this year really stand out to me, especially considering how low we had fallen.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jgphillips3

I went with an A.  Almost any other year we could easily have been in position for a title in conference.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 16, 2015, 04:30:24 pm
If you go both on and off the court, especially with the academic issues he took over, I would say an A-. Not going to the NCAA last year cost him the solid A.

If it's just results on the court, then a B. Again, Not going last year hurt his overall grade, IMO.

Good response. Seems B and A are close. Jump Ball seems to be all for CMA! That's just excellent!

bigredone

Definitely an "A" from me.

chiti66

B (89%).  We are a tad bit behind where I thought we'd be, but I am happy with the progress thus far.  A couple solid recruiting classes and we'll be back to the Hogs of the 90s.  We have a style that is unique and that swagger is slowly coming back.  The SEC knows this, and UK proved it with all that damn whining, despite their win!!!

popcornhog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 16, 2015, 01:27:54 pm
The improvement is there and the steps have been taken. I'm going with a B.

I'd go A- or B+.
WPS

An old hog fanatic

I gave Mike a B but it was for overall performance. This year is an A but we don't need to stub our toe Thursday. I do think we have a good shot to make he Sweet 16.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

rude1

Based on what he took over and where he has taken it this year, A.

nwahogfan1

Recruiting is B, Several guards have been a bust.  Player development by guards is a C+.  Portis development is a A. I don't see much improvement from Madden but do see improvement by Qualls, even though he still needs to have better ball skills.  Moses is getting better but at a snails pace.  So over all a B.

Good job but we are so hard on our coaches.  We want to win and play Coaches to be very good. 

If Coach can recruit Qualls and Portis to come back then with  Whitt and Kapita(gets back to 100%) will raise this years recruitment to a A. 

Großer Kriegschwein

I give an A. He's gotten the dumpster fire out. Now he just has to rebuild
This is my non-signature signature.

toxichog

While I would have liked to see this last year.......this year is an A.

CMA has in four years performed an exorcism of sorts on a program that was in WAY worse shape than most fans can imagine.......in bad shape on the court, and a lot worse shape off the court.