Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 03, 2015, 09:35:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

I just don't get this UNLESS they are committed elsewhere, which when they are it is mentioned in the statement below:

"A top prospect has plans to take an official visit to Arkansas in the fall. I'm waiting to hear back from the recruit before saying the name."

why are players so secretive on letting it known publically they are interested and are visiting here? 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 03, 2015, 09:56:46 am
I just don't get this UNLESS they are committed elsewhere, which when they are it is mentioned in the statement below:

"A top prospect has plans to take an official visit to Arkansas in the fall. I'm waiting to hear back from the recruit before saying the name."

why are players so secretive on letting it known publically they are interested and are visiting here? 

I don't know all of Richard sources, but my guess would be that someone told him the player was visiting, and he simply wanted to check with the player to make sure that it was correct.  You saw how things were recently when everyone thought Devin White was going to visit and then it came from faulty sources.  Had they fact checked with Devin it wouldn't have been an issue.

I think he would normally not even mention it unless he had gotten word from the player, so if he is already mentioning it the player must be pretty good.

Paul

maybe they're committed elsewhere & may wanna come secretly.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 03, 2015, 10:10:48 am
I don't know all of Richard sources, but my guess would be that someone told him the player was visiting, and he simply wanted to check with the player to make sure that it was correct.  You saw how things were recently when everyone thought Devin White was going to visit and then it came from faulty sources.  Had they fact checked with Devin it wouldn't have been an issue.

I think he would normally not even mention it unless he had gotten word from the player, so if he is already mentioning it the player must be pretty good.
That thing with White was probably just a False Flag to smoke out a leaker. It worked

ricepig

Quote from: Paul on August 03, 2015, 10:24:46 am
  maybe they're committed elsewhere & may wanna come secretly.

Yet RD was going to name him when he confirmed it, defeats the purpose. Besides, double secret visits don't come until late in January, lol.

Dominicanhog

Michael Divinity is my guess....

Huds_HawgTide

Im just glad to see some tidbits...my favorites
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ricepig

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 03, 2015, 11:19:44 am
Im just glad to see some tidbits...my favorites

I prefer "commits" over tidbits, just sayin........

presidenthog

will there be an update today on the top secret prospect?

Huds_HawgTide

Commits are awesome but tidbits get us thru...365 days a yr and only 25 commits
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

redeye

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 03, 2015, 10:10:48 am

That was my first thought too.  Recruiting guys have different standards and I don't have a problem with those who repeat what their sources tell them, without verifying it first.  Some are like the National Enquirer, while others, like Richard, are the Wall Street Journal of recruiting information.  That's why I have more trust in what Richard reports and why I'm cautious until he verifies it.

Still, I'm sure there have been times when someone reports something that Richard's been unable to verify and it turns out to be true.  And I'm sure there have been times when Richard verifies something, but the other party doesn't do what he said he'd do.  In general, Richard's the most trustworthy, though.

HogWall Jackson

Jack it brings one to believe in this upper stratosphere of College Recruits that Arkansas just doesn't make offers that are quite up to say OM or Auburn just to name 2 schools, there are several more. We need just 1 stud RB and an very good one to share the load. Are Ads illegal?