Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Recruiting Forum Post In A While

Started by Oklahawg, August 02, 2015, 11:42:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on July 31, 2015, 07:01:37 am
It's a loser's mindset and that's why they are losers.  These people can't get past their self loathing to realize that everything was done for a first time.  Man had not walked on the moon, until it was done. Man had never flown, until it was done.  Wal-Mart will never surpass Sears, until it was done, Arkansas had never beaten Alabama in Tuscaloosa until we did it, etc.     

Losers believe that since (insert whatever you want) has never been done it isn't possible to do.  Well, in their world that's true because they are losers and always will be.  Fortunately, these losers do not represent the University of Arkansas.  Instead, we have winners who will go head to head with anybody and WILL win their fair share of recruiting battles and that's why Hog futures have never been higher.

Losers, do us all a favor and take your self loathing, woe is little Arkansas, we can't beat (insert team and coach) for a recruit, etc. and shove it.  Real Hog fans don't need your type representing our great University and state. 

Kudos, my friend.

Some of you whiny types need to read this before every post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 02, 2015, 11:42:22 pm
Kudos, my friend.

Some of you whiny types need to read this before every post.
I like it. It's an elegant version of my usual rant about the poor-lil-ole-arkiesaw theme that's so prevalent  amongst a lot of our (for some reason) quite vocal posters. It's ultra defeatist and just plain sad. cheers, compadres.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Hogs beat Bama on the road. Count on it.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

oldbear

I am jealous. I wish I had said it. Great quote.

OLDHOG

We are what we perceive ourselves to be. Why not winners?

greenie

Many versions of this statement from various people (Henry Ford, Virgil, John Dryden, Norman Vincent Peale, and others), but I've always loved it.

"if you think you can or can't, you're probably right"

I think that CBB and his staff believe they CAN...and I agree.

JIHawg

tusksincolorado

Over the years I believe similar statements have been posted on Hogville just to later be trashed or the Poster eventually banned...

Glad to see "we" can finally push back the "little ol' us, poor pitiful little arkie" attitudes.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

scruf

Great quote from Choctaw. Really tired of the "we're snakebit" crowd. Superstition is superstupid.

AugustaHog

Absolutely true.  What I love is that this staff has the same mindset you are talking about.  They are not afraid to go into any living room in this country and recruit a kid.  You don't see them shying away from an elite recruit because it may take a little work to get him interested in Arkansas.  Previous staffs on the Hill (cough cough....Houston Nutt) have used this excuse to buy them a little time or give it as a reason for not getting the job done.  Our staff is getting it done, and is instead looking at our state and our campus as a reason why kids would want to come play at the UofA, instead of looking at it as a negative.  I'm looking forward to this staff trailblazing a path through the SEC for our first SEC title.  We can and will be the best!

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on August 03, 2015, 02:43:52 am
Hogs beat Bama on the road. Count on it.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

It could Happen this year. If so do you think we get invited to the Dance? Maybe we should supply the Booze for their punch?

Biggus Piggus

Let's see who we get before bitching about who we didn't. And when I say see, I mean see.
[CENSORED]!

redeye

It was a great post Choctaw Hog.

Keep 'em coming!