Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 26, 2015, 01:38:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flagstaffhog

Thank you, Sir.....

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

WildRazorback

Great stuff, RD!

But man, this Chris Daniels thing just gets more perplexing day-by-day. Hard to get a read on Devwah from what was in this article, but I have a really good feeling about Mr. White so we shall see how that all shakes out.

ldfergu

I was thinking the same about Daniels

berryhog

ricepig

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 26, 2015, 02:20:03 pm
I was thinking the same about Daniels

I think we'll  know Monday sometime where this whole deal stands, if we don't already.

thefisher

Thanks RD.  Always appreciate your updates!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

ArkansasI

It sounds like Daniels needs to take the ACT so the Hogs can offer.

ldfergu

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 26, 2015, 03:32:22 pm
It sounds like Daniels needs to take the ACT so the Hogs can offer.

That would make the most sense

navyhog24

I hope he takes it soon and gets the results back so he can get that offer and we'd likely be done with DT recruiting

redeye

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 26, 2015, 03:40:01 pm
That would make the most sense

Yep and I find it interesting that he's extending his stay to Monday.

WildRazorback

Quote from: redeye on July 26, 2015, 04:19:18 pm
Yep and I find it interesting that he's extending his stay to Monday.

You don't get results back for several weeks; even if he was taking it yesterday, it would be a while before the staff knew how he did. So I'm not sure why his visit would be extended for any reason dealing with that.

navyhog24

It's probably just to visit with family

ricepig

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 26, 2015, 06:02:58 pm
You don't get results back for several weeks; even if he was taking it yesterday, it would be a while before the staff knew how he did. So I'm not sure why his visit would be extended for any reason dealing with that.

There was no test yesterday, the last test date was in June and the next is Sept 12th.

redeye

Yea, I figured, because that's how it used to work, anyway.  Guess he's not taking the test this weekend, so that doesn't seem to matter.

ricepig

You can get results back in about 10 days now if you pay a little extra.

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on July 26, 2015, 06:06:59 pm
There was no test yesterday, the last test date was in June and the next is Sept 12th.
Just speculating, but the higher quality ACT prep courses have very realistic simulated tests and the results come back immediately. If he were to score well above the minimum on a simulation, the staff could be fairly confident in extending an offer since he would have a couple shots at the real ACT before signing day.

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on July 26, 2015, 06:13:24 pm
Just speculating, but the higher quality ACT prep courses have very realistic simulated tests and the results come back immediately. If he were to score well above the minimum on a simulation, the staff could be fairly confident in extending an offer since he would have a couple shots at the real ACT before signing day.

Hmm, seems a stretch, but the whole deal has been perplexing, needless to say.

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on July 26, 2015, 06:15:34 pm
Hmm, seems a stretch, but the whole deal has been perplexing, needless to say.
Big stretch... :)

It's July....

redeye

Quote from: 31to6 on July 26, 2015, 06:16:23 pm
Big stretch... :)

It's July....

Agreed, but I was also hinting at something like that.  It may be nothing, but it seems a little strange that he couldn't meet with coaches Friday, because he has an ACT Prep course, but he then extended his stay until Monday.  Probably reading something out of nothing, but as you said, it's July.

Love those Hogs

I'm sure since he is here he wants to meet with the coaches.  Only makes sense. 
Hogs 4 Life!

The Recruiting Guy

ldfergu

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 26, 2015, 08:06:06 pm
You mind giving us your opinion on why he didn't get an offer?

He might have gotten an offer at the meeting but Chris had to adjust his schedule. I would not read anything into this.

redeye

I guess I read too much into Daniels' tweets.  Either that or he's not going straight home.

redeye

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 26, 2015, 08:12:51 pm
He might have gotten an offer at the meeting but Chris had to adjust his schedule. I would not read anything into this.

Thanks Richard!

Cinco de Hogo

What did I miss?  He was here Thursday, had a test on Friday and was here on Saturday.  Does that mean he took the test in Fayetteville?  Was there no test?  Was it the ACT?  Is he staying til Monday and why/who is he visiting?

MissippHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2015, 09:25:30 pm
What did I miss?  He was here Thursday, had a test on Friday and was here on Saturday.  Does that mean he took the test in Fayetteville?  Was there no test?  Was it the ACT?  Is he staying til Monday and why/who is he visiting?
I thought he was here for an ACT prep class, not the actual ACT.

pccmizuno24

Ill text CD father and see what the deal is

redeye

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2015, 09:25:30 pm

Stay tuned for next week's episode ....

According to Richard, he left Saturday, as originally planned.  He tweeted his sister saying he'd be home Monday, when it would appear that he planned on being home Sunday at an earlier time.  I have no idea what it all means.

onebadrubi

Quote from: pccmizuno24 on July 26, 2015, 09:59:30 pm
Ill text CD father and see what the deal is

Now that's one hell of a source right there

trashcan maN

Monk wearing red shoes, not blue, in that picture. Hog lock.

redeye

Richard added an update on Tyrell Anderson, who recently decommitted from Oklahoma State.