Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Connelly

Started by yraciv, July 25, 2015, 02:48:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Our top golf signee and the 3rd ranked junior amateur in the World made his second cut of the season in two tries on the PGA tour this week.  Taking a step back today, currently 4 over on his round, but he fired a 7 under, 65 yesterday.

This is coming off a Top 10 at the Pan Am games.  Young man has major game, and I'm just hoping he decides it is beneficial to come to U of A for a year or 2 before going pro.

East TN HAWG

I will keep my eye on him.  My brother-in-law is the caddie for Ollie Schniederjans and this is his first professional tournament.  Ollie is -10 right now.

yraciv

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 25, 2015, 02:59:42 pm
I will keep my eye on him.  My brother-in-law is the caddie for Ollie Schniederjans and this is his first professional tournament.  Ollie is -10 right now.

Has he caddied for other pros in the past? Ollie can play, and I think he is going to have a lot of success on tour.

ricepig

Quote from: yraciv on July 25, 2015, 02:48:20 pm
Our top golf signee and the 3rd ranked junior amateur in the World made his second cut of the season in two tries on the PGA tour this week.  Taking a step back today, currently 4 over on his round, but he fired a 7 under, 65 yesterday.

This is coming off a Top 10 at the Pan Am games.  Young man has major game, and I'm just hoping he decides it is beneficial to come to U of A for a year or 2 before going pro.

Hopefully Austin Cook will tell him the benefits of playing at the UofA. They started tied today at -6, Cook shot a 69 to get to -9.

East TN HAWG

No.  Started with Ollie when Ollie was 12, and has been there ever since.  He's had opportunities on the Web.com tour, but nothing to give up his job over.   He quit his job July first and went full time with Ollie.  He thinks Ollie is a special talent.

They have played practice rounds with Mickleson, 72 holes with Speith, St Andrews with Justiin Rose (met Justin while paired together in US Open).   Ollie and Jordan are big buddies, so they eat a lot together.   Lance is having the time of his life right now.   He doesn't mind working weekends now.