Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk just picked Devin White to Ark

Started by JackJohnson, July 24, 2015, 05:52:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 31, 2015, 10:46:01 am
i just asked him on facebook. He said he still hasn't decided, loves the Hogs, and already has a black hog to put on that white Challenger if he goes to the Hogs. Will be back to Fayetteville "most definitely" here soon. stay calm.

I'm sure he's giving you the scoop, Pokey.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 31, 2015, 10:47:08 am

Probably said he has a big Colonel Reb to put on it if he chooses Ole Siss....

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 31, 2015, 10:46:01 am
i just asked him on facebook. He said he still hasn't decided, loves the Hogs, and already has a black hog to put on that white Challenger if he goes to the Hogs. Will be back to Fayetteville "most definitely" here soon. stay calm.

Please don't message our recruits, Kenneth. Please.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on July 31, 2015, 12:08:26 am
Wasn't that a Fitz Hill trick if I remember the story right?

Albert Means, from Memphis, signed with Bama. Supposedly, a paper bag with $250K was left under a bridge in Memphis for his HS coach in exchange for "delivering" means.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Justagp

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 24, 2015, 07:35:49 pm
I'm a fan... But I also appreciate RD and others for their info... Otis is a good guy and was always nice to me when I was a cameraman at KATV and I shot Houston's Coach's Show for KATV/ARSN for the first 3 years of his tenure.

Otis wouldn't put his neck out there like this if he didn't feel that we had a chance. He also said that Alabama was one of Devin's choices so it could go either way for us. Recruiting is never concrete, it's highly fluid.

I usually like your posts but feel you are taking it too far here... But to each their own.

I honestly feel We are on the precipice of something very special... I just want to enjoy the ride and watch the results. I am not interested in crucifying someone but understand that recruiting turns on a dime.

Cheers and Wooo Pig. Stay positive my friends, great things are around the corner. :razorback:
Completely agree +1

lefty08

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 31, 2015, 10:37:42 am
not sure I find it too comforting that our recruiting writers are getting trolled on our biggest/most important recruit.  gives me that dgb/solly Thomas feeling

its important you understand nobody was trolled by White, but rather by recruiting gurus
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jjdlc

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 06:49:57 pm

its important you understand nobody was trolled by White, but rather by recruiting gurus

+1. Was fixing to say the same thing.

Nipsey Mussle

Yep

JackJohnson

Maybe so but is it not completely out of character that all of them- Dudley, Otis and Danny/trey failed to confirm with either white, the staff, or both?  I wouldn't think that all of them up and ran with a story from a random writer without verifying it from the source.  Just odd...

On a side note- White just got a crystal ball pick from some national writer from bleacher report.  I cringe at the thought of them getting white along with pennemon, and the 3 other RB commits they have while we currently sit where we are

lefty08

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 31, 2015, 08:54:50 pm
Maybe so but is it not completely out of character that all of them- Dudley, Otis and Danny/trey failed to confirm with either white, the staff, or both?  I wouldn't think that all of them up and ran with a story from a random writer without verifying it from the source.  Just odd...

On a side note- White just got a crystal ball pick from some national writer from bleacher report.  I cringe at the thought of them getting white along with pennemon, and the 3 other RB commits they have while we currently sit where we are

crystal ball picks mean nothing until 24 hours before a commitment. apparently the guy with the info was very well connected to the White situation so they didnt feel a need to ask a source, the recruiting guy was the source.

The sky isnt falling.....
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Oklahawg

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 09:18:26 pm

I've been told things are good with White. Regardless, the sky most certainly is not falling.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorWhacker

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 09:18:26 pm
crystal ball picks mean nothing until 24 hours before a commitment. apparently the guy with the info was very well connected to the White situation so they didnt feel a need to ask a source, the recruiting guy was the source.

LOL!

Dude. The sky is ALWAYS falling on hogville.

lefty08

RazorWhacker

redeye

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 10:25:57 pm

not for everyone it isnt

So, you were kidding about the razorback sand structure, right?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on July 31, 2015, 10:47:08 am
been talking to him for over two years...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: scruf on July 31, 2015, 10:50:25 am
Please don't message our recruits, Kenneth. Please.
he's on my friends list and my twitter. his choice, not yours, scruffy
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

lefty08

hawg IQ

Okay for sure, a friend of a guy that my nephew went to summer school with two years before, said his cousin's girlfriend had met this girl from Wal-Mart, and that she knew his mother's aunt.  The aunt for sure thought he was coming to Arkansas. Wait, that might have been band camp. well anyway- maybe?
go hogs go !

Hoggish1

Quote from: lefty08 on July 31, 2015, 10:25:57 pm

not for everyone it isnt

Right.

The sky always rises for me.  Don't know what they're talking about...

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: hawg IQ on August 01, 2015, 08:50:07 am
Okay for sure, a friend of a guy that my nephew went to summer school with two years before, said his cousin's girlfriend had met this girl from Wal-Mart, and that she knew his mother's aunt.  The aunt for sure thought he was coming to Arkansas. Wait, that might have been band camp. well anyway- maybe?
I know this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy that says White is a Hog lock.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pig in the Pokey

August 01, 2015, 11:45:43 am #121 Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:03:31 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 01, 2015, 10:35:17 am
I know this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy that says White is a Hog lock.
well, he's an idiot. Devin is undecided. His 3 are Bama, Hogs, Pi$$. You people are just showing that 'we haven't ever been here before'-look and poor-lil-ole-arkiesaw syndrome is strong in this thread. Trust me when I say , Devin has heard it all when it comes to what we have to offer here. Playing time, 1000+ seasons, wins, family atmosphere, best line in the world, reasonably close to home, ACTUAL family on the roster. You nelly's are ridiculous. HE DOESN'T even need ole miss' chump change anyway. He just has a  friend committed there. His really GOOD friend who is an amazing QB and has always wanted to have Devin as his RB in college and he has a few other friends on the Pi$$ roster already. BUT HE KNOWS that his best shot at the NFL and the best growth and development programs are at UA or UA. We have a 50-50 chance, imo, and yes I have been chatting with Devin online since he was an unranked freshman. Call it creepy i don't give a darn. i'm not trying to freaking hook-up online -you freaks lol. I just love Devin's game and really want the kid to be a Hog. AND TRUST ME, another big reason he loves Arkansas are the FANS. He enjoys the hell out of Hog fans. Go talk to him, you'll see. Very humble kid.
@Slackaveli

ZERO

I'm not worried about this situation in any way. We're going to have either White or Whaley by signing day, Arkansas is just too good of a situation for RB's right now.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

redeye

Quote from: lefty08 on August 01, 2015, 07:15:26 am
LOL yes

Admittedly, it took me a while to figure it out.  I checked Instagram and went through all his photos trying to find it.   ;D

NLRHog92

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 01, 2015, 11:45:43 am
well, he's an idiot. Devin is undecided. His 3 are Bama, Hogs, Pi$$. You people are just showing that 'we haven't ever been here before'-look and poor-lil-ole-arkiesaw syndrome is strong in this thread. Trust me when I say , Devin has heard it all when it comes to what we have to offer here. Playing time, 1000+ seasons, wins, family atmosphere, best line in the world, reasonably close to home, ACTUAL family on the roster. You nelly's are ridiculous. HE DOESN'T even need ole miss' chump change anyway. He just has a  friend committed there. His really GOOD friend who is an amazing QB and has always wanted to have Devin as his RB in college and he has a few other friends on the Pi$$ roster already. BUT HE KNOWS that his best shot at the NFL and the best growth and development programs are at UA or UA. We have a 50-50 chance, imo, and yes I have been chatting with Devin online since he was an unranked freshman. Call it creepy i don't give a darn. i'm not trying to freaking hook-up online -you freaks lol. I just love Devin's game and really want the kid to be a Hog. AND TRUST ME, another big reason he loves Arkansas are the FANS. He enjoys the hell out of Hog fans. Go talk to him, you'll see. Very humble kid.

I think he was being sarcastic...

Nipsey Mussle

Is he coming here to play for Gruden?

redeye

Thanks for the info!

bruisemeister

Randy Gardner is the next Charles Haley---Otis Kirk