Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Johnson commit

Started by WildRazorback, June 19, 2015, 08:11:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 08:49:22 pm
His rankings and offers are for being a DE/TE. Our staff was smart enough to try him at another position, and it worked so well they offered him on the spot. At this point his offers and ranking should be ignored, because he will be a totally different player for us. This is very exciting.

No kidding. First, you can convince the kid to give it a shot. Second, your instincts are that good. Third, you convince the kid that is his future.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Flatline

Athletic bulldozer. The offers also let you know that this young man is very intelligent. Some nice academic schools.

So we hav Big.  Athletic.  Smart.  I believe he will be just fine.

Might add that a lot of schools don't have fullbacks anymore and that could have a factor on his offer list.

scorekeeper

If he has a mean streak can you imagine our nasty oline coupled with a nasty fb! I like the direction that we are headed in.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

For me it just keeps coming back to the film.
@DE) literally Flying to the football! Like over dudes and stuff.! Instinctive and accurate on his angle of pursuit. DOES NOT LET GO when he gets his hands on guys, and is strong enough to bulldog against their momentum and reverse their direction..
@QB) looks like a full house backfield with everyone on the line as close to the center as possible. Can leap, push and bulldoze for yardage.
@HB) very quick first step with enough power/weight to break 1st contact and continue through for YAC. Speed is not HB speed, but he's sub 4-8 I would wager.
@WR)Crisp precise routes. Looks the ball in. catches in with his hands even when cradling an under thrown ball into the abdomen. Can make adjustments on the fly and is big enough to get major YAC on smaller DBs.

I myself would be ho-hum about him w/out seeing the film. You guys MUST check it out...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375/v2
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redeye

This is off topic, but I can't believe Missouri only has one 4-5 star player in the 247 composite this year.  And he's barely even rated a 4-star.  They do, however, have a 3-star who's committed to Alabama and rated the 8th best player in the state.  Regardless, it's nice to see another player from the show me state on the Arkansas roster.

HoggusMaximus

HoggusMaximus

looks to me like an added weapon for blocking or in 3nd and short or goal line. he has great hands so he is going to be able to add another dimension to the passing game, and he isn't afraid to hit someone. But apparently because he doesn't have offers from 128 schools he is not a good get. Nevermind the fact that CBB and company do this for a living right?

pigture perfect

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:14:28 pm
Boot and Paintball lets see that D1 coaching resume! Oh wait you don't know darn.
you don't have one? How did you qualify to post on HV?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jeffcphog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on June 19, 2015, 11:20:04 pm
Kiero Small had ZERO offers except the Hogs.  Just saying.

Thank you Unc.

jgphillips3

If the FB wasn't all but extinct, this kid would probably have more high level offers.  I can see him lining up at FB, motioning out to TE then motion out to a wheel route out of the backfield, you name it.  Another road grader on a physical juggernaut of a team.  Beautiful....

secneahog

He won't be playing on just 3rd and short.  Bielema will have him on the field a lot!

Enos will love this kids skill sets. Fb able to bull doze guys and catch dump offs out of the back field??

Very nice pick up at the biggest position of need.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jpsand

You know he looks like the kind of guy that would volunteer for a no win situation just for battle.  I like it!  Uncommon!

Call a Hog

Our coaches observe tremendous SEC athletes from all programs day in and day out. Any even "somewhat" intelligent poster should have the sense not to question our coaches when they offer a prospect based on a personal evaluation, especially this early when we are being selective.

I say this is a heck of a find on a great kid flying under the radar, yet another example of why stars are irrelevant.

Congrats! Welcome to the Hogs! WPS!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

flippinhogmana

I wonder how much different a fullback he would be than Peyton Hillis?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 09:35:25 pm
Let's not try and pretend that where those offers are from don't matter
Exactly. Very impressive that he has received 24 offers and The Hogs sealed the deal. +1 to CBB/Coach Singleton. "GO HOGS"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2015, 07:22:36 am
He won't be playing on just 3rd and short.  Bielema will have him on the field a lot!

Enos will love this kids skill sets. Fb able to bull doze guys and catch dump offs out of the back field??

Very nice pick up at the biggest position of need.

This can't be serious??

hawgball9401

Go look at the list of FB's on 247 and Rivals.  According to Rivals, there are only 6 FBs in the country worthy of ANY stars and Hayden is one of them.  If you don't care about stars, look at the offer lists of the other FBs and you will see this kid has more offers than most, if not all, other FBs in the country.

Then compare his size, athleticism and "smarts".....I'd say he's one helluva find.

I am definitely excited to see him grow in a Razorback uniform.  Woo Pig!!

Hawghiggs

Great get. I'm sure the young man will be a fine student and player.

Hawghiggs

I like the fact that we are recruiting Missouri. We need to be mining that state more.

Hey Super

With his size and speed and after watching his HUDL the dude could be a LB yeah?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

secneahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 20, 2015, 08:04:16 am
This can't be serious??

Ok let's see..Bielema LOVES a legit fb in his offense. He has said that numerous times.

We haven't found a legit fb since small. So yes it is the biggest position of need..

What other stud fbs do we have on campus?

Down play the fb spot in Bielemas offense and you'll make yourself look like a moron.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 08:21:39 pm
Gotta admit, this one is not as easy to get excited about.  This is definately a 'trust the staff' kind of deal. Congrats to the kid on earning a shot to compete in the SEC though

We sometimes see 4 and 5 star players that for some reason, never develop and play to the level that some recruiting service originally rated and projected them. By the same token we sometimes see kids that weren't highly rated or recruited by P-5 schools that end up being very good players at the highest level of college football.

Will Johnson wind up being one of those kids? I don't think any of us are qualified to make that call at this point, but the staff saw something they liked and felt confident enough in their evaluation to offer the kid a scholarship. And those aren't just handed out without them having performed their due diligence.

We have to trust the staff on all of the recruits that they offer, so this one is no different.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2015, 08:18:23 am
Ok let's see..Bielema LOVES a legit fb in his offense. He has said that numerous times.

We haven't found a legit fb since small. So yes it is the biggest position of need..

What other stud fbs do we have on campus?

Down play the fb spot in Bielemas offense and you'll make yourself look like a moron.
What would make one look like a moron is referring to FB as the biggest position of need on the team. Ever.

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 20, 2015, 08:19:21 am
We sometimes see 4 and 5 star players that for some reason, never develop and play to the level that some recruiting service originally rated and projected them. By the same token we sometimes see kids that weren't highly rated or recruited by P-5 schools that end up being very good players at the highest level of college football.

Will Johnson wind up being one of those kids? I don't think any of us are qualified to make that call at this point, but the staff saw something they liked and felt confident enough in their evaluation to offer the kid a scholarship. And those aren't just handed out without them having performed their due diligence.

We have to trust the staff on all of the recruits that they offer, so this one is no different.

Everything you've said The Boot already knows..he's been on HV for awhile now. Everybody knows this staff will recruit THEIR way...not using the star gazer glasses..

Bielema has stated that numerous times..he did it at Wisconsin ..he's doing it here.

The boot knows that ..but will still make comments like he does to keep the pot stirring.

This is a trust the staff kind of recruit...well no hit...how about realizing how this staff recruits and forming a statement on the committed recruit instead of stating idiotic posts.

secneahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 20, 2015, 08:23:49 am
What would make one look like a moron is referring to FB as the biggest position of need on the team. Ever.

Do you understand this staff philosophy?     Do you remember how much kiero small played his senior year? Do you remember BB raving about kiero?  Do you remember BB saying were still searching for a fb since kiero went to the NFL? 

This is by far the biggest position of need because of BB PHILOSOPHY ...

If you don't understand that ......well....you're a joke of a Hog fan.

bphi11ips

Looks like a football player. 

Jim Harbaugh says he called Bo Schembechler when he took over at Stanford.  "Do you have a tight end and a fullback?", asked Schembechler.

This team is beginning to look a lot like a B1G/Stanford-under-Harbaugh team.  That's not a bad thing as long as we have the speed to compete in the SEC.  That will be the long-term challenge.  Arkansas is geographically positioned to combine the best of both worlds.

Love the military offers and the shutting it down attitude.  Hayden Johnson looks like a solid contributor.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

JackJohnson

June 20, 2015, 08:45:42 am #76 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:47:46 am by JackJohnson
WPS :razorback:

PaintballHog

Biggest need may be a bit far. If AC leaves then we have no rb for 16 except for RW3 who hasn't been on a practice. I would say that's our biggest need.

Seebs

Football player. Crazy, mean and focused  - yes, all from the HUDL video.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 20, 2015, 08:45:42 am
I was hoping that after giving Tyler Colquitt a scholarship after he had a good month of working out last summer which counted against the 25 we could sign in the 2014 class and not allowing any of the 2015 early enrollees to count back since we only signed 24 one of them could have we wouldn't have a need to sign a fullback for a few classes.  However since it appears the staff doesn't feel like he is the answer and we need to sign a fullback I am just glad we got our Plan A FB for this class

It's obvious they were still searching, I'm glad he came to camp and was found.

The_Boot_stops_here

Just to recap, since, as usual, anything but a "WPS" or "I love this kid!" is considered bashing:

I said I trust the coaches on this kid
I said congrats to the kid on coming to camp and earning the offer

OTHERS HAVE SAID
He is the next Hillis
He is the next Kiero
He will be an all-time great Hog. Mark it down
This fills the biggest need on the team

Yep, Im the crazy one

Again, congrats to the kid on earning a schollie to play in the sec. Hoping for the best.

JIHawg

Quote from: Flatline on June 19, 2015, 11:57:59 pm
Athletic bulldozer. The offers also let you know that this young man is very intelligent. Some nice academic schools.

Might add that a lot of schools don't have fullbacks anymore and that could have a factor on his offer list.

And he visited with his family.  That's a plus too..
Quote from: Flatline on June 19, 2015, 11:57:59 pm

And he visited with his family.  That's a plus.

gmarv

the kid looks like and acts like someone who will help us win games.

CDBHawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 20, 2015, 08:46:15 am
Biggest need may be a bit far. If AC leaves then we have no rb for 16 except for RW3 who hasn't been on a practice. I would say that's our biggest need.

Juan Day.

Denzell Evans.

Music City Hog

I typically don't get excited about a kid with just mid major offers, however, on this one I am taking that with a grain of salt because how many offenses anymore even use FBs?   We are one of the only schools left playing real American football.    Sure he doesn't have a Bama offer, but he's not gonna get an offer from 90% of big schools because 90% of big schools don't use a FB.   It's pretty clear he's not an SEC DE or TE thus no offers.    Hopefully, he turns out to be an SEC FB.

jjdlc

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 20, 2015, 08:45:42 am
I was hoping that after giving Tyler Colquitt a scholarship after he had a good month of working out last summer which counted against the 25 we could sign in the 2014 class and not allowing any of the 2015 early enrollees to count back since we only signed 24 one of them could have we wouldn't have a need to sign a fullback for a few classes.  However since it appears the staff doesn't feel like he is the answer and we need to sign a fullback I am just glad we got our Plan A FB for this class

So you only want one scholarship worthy FB on squad for 4 years?  What happens if he gets hurt?

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PEtrader

Great pick up,  you guys need to chill out
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: HawgnCorona on June 20, 2015, 10:25:57 am
Welcome aboard Hayden!

This.  This years Cantrell-type.  A good football player. 

31to6

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 20, 2015, 07:41:42 am
I wonder how much different a fullback he would be than Peyton Hillis?
Peyton had legit HB speed.

But this guy does have some similar attributes (good hands, athleticism and strength).

secneahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 20, 2015, 08:58:42 am
Just to recap, since, as usual, anything but a "WPS" or "I love this kid!" is considered bashing:

I said I trust the coaches on this kid
I said congrats to the kid on coming to camp and earning the offer

OTHERS HAVE SAID
He is the next Hillis
He is the next Kiero
He will be an all-time great Hog. Mark it down
This fills the biggest need on the team

Yep, Im the crazy one

Again, congrats to the kid on earning a schollie to play in the sec. Hoping for the best.

Ok ....since we haven't had a legit fb since Kiero in a run heavy, pro style offense.

You tell me what is the #1 biggest need on this team.

BigSexyHog

Man some of you are so far overboard about this.  Can we please let the kid at least get on campus before anointing him.  It's unfair to him and the team.  No one has said anything negative about him but my God some of are off your rocker.  Just let the kid play ball and enjoy himself.   This is a nice pick up and can't wait to see him running through the A
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

carolinahogger

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 20, 2015, 09:55:42 am
I typically don't get excited about a kid with just mid major offers, however, on this one I am taking that with a grain of salt because how many offenses anymore even use FBs?   We are one of the only schools left playing real American football.    Sure he doesn't have a Bama offer, but he's not gonna get an offer from 90% of big schools because 90% of big schools don't use a FB.   It's pretty clear he's not an SEC DE or TE thus no offers.    Hopefully, he turns out to be an SEC FB.

This ^.  And the kid passes the eye test.  Looks like a player to me.

WarPig88

I think CBB is proving himself here a as a guy that knows a football player when he sees one regardless of rankings.

I trust that if he sees something in this kid, then I am not going to worry at all about whether he can help on some level of not.

Welcome aboard young fella!

ckhawgu

This dude looks like a hoss on film! I'm glad he is a Razorback now and can't wait to see what these coaches can do with this guy once they get him on campus! WPS!!! :razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 20, 2015, 12:17:17 am
For me it just keeps coming back to the film.
@DE) literally Flying to the football! Like over dudes and stuff.! Instinctive and accurate on his angle of pursuit. DOES NOT LET GO when he gets his hands on guys, and is strong enough to bulldog against their momentum and reverse their direction..
@QB) looks like a full house backfield with everyone on the line as close to the center as possible. Can leap, push and bulldoze for yardage.
@HB) very quick first step with enough power/weight to break 1st contact and continue through for YAC. Speed is not HB speed, but he's sub 4-8 I would wager.
@WR)Crisp precise routes. Looks the ball in. catches in with his hands even when cradling an under thrown ball into the abdomen. Can make adjustments on the fly and is big enough to get major YAC on smaller DBs.

I myself would be ho-hum about him w/out seeing the film. You guys MUST check it out...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375/v2
wowow!!!! Kid is a man amongst boys. Jesus.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hawgmasta

Quote from: 31to6 on June 20, 2015, 10:58:41 am
Peyton had legit HB speed.

But this guy does have some similar attributes (good hands, athleticism and strength).

Peyton was a freak. Running a 4.5 and being 245 and 6-2?!?! that's a big boy moving fast. You don't run over a 1000 yards in the NFL on accident.

Rockhawg

Welcome to the Hog Family ! I loved the Hudl film and i can't wait to see you in the backfield!

Music City Hog

In fairness,  what highlight film doesn't look good?   It's a highlight film. 

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 20, 2015, 02:28:42 pm
In fairness,  what highlight film doesn't look good?   It's a highlight film. 

That is correct, my oldest's film looked like a SEC LB, however, as he reminded me many times, genetics held him back.