Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kellen Diesch commits

Started by ricepig, June 14, 2015, 04:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 23, 2015, 07:48:28 pm
Our OL depth is insanely shallow.  You should worry about it. 

The quality is good though. 

I think we'll make the concerned effort to get the numbers this year. Some wondered why we didn't go after others when we lost the guy to LSU last class. I think even though we were still short number wise, they were only going to take a top line guy as we had other needs. We'll get 5, just not sure who, haha.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2015, 07:57:01 pm
I think we'll make the concerned effort to get the numbers this year. Some wondered why we didn't go after others when we lost the guy to LSU last class. I think even though we were still short number wise, they were only going to take a top line guy as we had other needs. We'll get 5, just not sure who, haha.

We need 5.  OL and RB are desperately low in depth.

The real Hogules

I'm saying historically speaking, we have more quality depth straight across the board along the OL.
I have faith that our current coaching staff will more than meet our needs at both OL and TB in this recruiting class.
It feels great to believe in the coaching staffs ability to address our recruiting needs.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 23, 2015, 07:59:44 pm
We need 5.  OL and RB are desperately low in depth.

Yeah, in a year it seems like we can get all the d-last need we need, or more.

870hogfan

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 23, 2015, 08:05:38 pm
I'm saying historically speaking, we have more quality depth straight across the board along the OL.
I have faith that our current coaching staff will more than meet our needs at both OL and TB in this recruiting class.
It feels great to believe in the coaching staffs ability to address our recruiting needs.

This.

Steef

This young man would no doubt add to our depth.

But the depth isn't shallow forever. And if Mr. Diesch chooses to go elsewhere, Coach Pittman will just have to find his replacement.

And he's good at it.

Music City Hog

Quote from: steefhog on July 23, 2015, 08:29:49 pm
This young man would no doubt add to our depth.

But the depth isn't shallow forever. And if Mr. Diesch chooses to go elsewhere, Coach Pittman will just have to find his replacement.

And he's good at it.

He's very good at it.

lefty08

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 23, 2015, 06:12:32 pm
Because it's never a good sign when a committed kid visits an in state school secretly and at the last minute. Also a&m is the king at slow playing kids after "offering." They just lost a 5 star lineman and right after, Diesch visits. I'm worried.

What the hell?  Last minute? And you don't have any idea of a secret visit.......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 23, 2015, 06:12:47 pm
I never in a million years thought we would have more trouble getting numbers at OL and RB under CBB then at QB and WR.  It is like a bizzarro recruiting world
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

1hogfan

He's not gone and I am not believing he is going until it happens. A visit is just another visit. I suppose he is just reaffirming his decision. Use the Power of Positive Thinking! Go Hogs!

MissippHog

From Richard's Visit Updates article:

Quote9:25 update
Arkansas offensive line commitment Kellen Diesch reportedly visited Texas A&M today, but in a text message said he was solid with the Hogs.

ricepig

RD just said he texted him and was still solid to the Hogs.

LRHawg

That's great to hear. Hopefully he shuts it down now!  :razorback:

MissippHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2015, 09:32:50 pm
RD just said he texted him and was still solid to the Hogs.
Beat you by 31 seconds  :P

ricepig

OGR69

hmmm-just called my son about this-said he was calling Kellen (or would see him at workouts in the morning) and would knock some sense into him.
This is one thing I hate about recruiting and commits.  Kids commit and visit other schools-why?  Schools offer more schollies than they have and have to take them back or ask for GS-why? 
We (my son) will take 2 official visits (granted no P5 schools) and commit 1 time.  Our tune might change if the right P5 school offers late.

The_Hog_Father

July 23, 2015, 10:26:06 pm #116 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:15:40 pm by Pigs in Zen
Otis just texted him to gauge his interest and Kellen said that he was a solid commit to the Razorbacks. He also said that Arkansas knew that he was visiting the Ags.

This IS recruiting though and anything can happen but I agree with others that this kid is Our best committed recruit as of now and to lose him would not be good. I also feel that he will get re-evaluated to 4 stars later this Fall. We shall see...

Wooo Pig.  :razorback:

Oklahawg

Long gone are the days of scrambling to find 6 usable OL, 5 starters and a back-up. Nutt inherited a great OL situation from Danny Ford. In two years, injuries and graduation had culled the number to 9, I believe. He replaced his lone loss to graduation with Shawn Andrews (nice upgrade) but no one else. We'd scour JUCOs for kids who were walk-on types otherwise. The year Andrews left and was on everybody's talking list of stud OL we whiffed on every major OL we targeted.

The backups in the system that don't play - Beck, Danenhauer come to mind - would work great in the Markuson zone-read scheme. And, the weakness those lines had would be seen in Beck and Danenhauer, namely, pass blocking agility.

Pittman wants OL who can do everything. Power block, pass block, and get outside in space on screens and sweeps. We have a starting unit and several backups who will get there. Three starters potentially leaving is scary: Tretola, Smothers and Kirkland.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Music City Hog

AugustaHog

I have no reason to not believe the kid, but I don't like seeing smoke and being told there's no fire.  Maybe it was just a look-see to make sure of his choice, but I am no doubt anxious about what I once thought was a rock-solid commit.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: lefty08 on July 23, 2015, 08:56:23 pm

What the hell?  Last minute? And you don't have any idea of a secret visit.......

He originally told a&m writers he wasn't on a visit because he didn't want to offend arkansas.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 23, 2015, 11:14:10 pm
He originally told a&m writers he wasn't on a visit because he didn't want to offend arkansas.

But it was mentioned by OK that Arkansas was aware of the visit. But I read the above quote too, I have zero trust in Hamm though. Hopefully we get this kid and can move on...

Wooo Pig. :razorback:

SamBuckhart

Thanks for the commit Kellen. Wooo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Glad he committed...and reaffirmed it to RD.

" GO HOGS "

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 24, 2015, 07:59:21 pm
Glad he committed...and reaffirmed it to RD.

" GO HOGS "

Yes Sir!

I sure do appreciate RD.  :)

Wooo Pig!! :razorback: + a dozen

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 24, 2015, 09:13:11 pm
Yes Sir!

I sure do appreciate RD. :)

Wooo Pig!! :razorback: + a dozen

He's got his ear/s to the ground when it comes to Hog recruiting.

" GO HOGS "

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 24, 2015, 09:37:48 pm
He's got his ear/s to the ground when it comes to Hog recruiting.

" GO HOGS "

Yes Sir, agreed!!
:razorback:

770john111

We have players committed to other teams at the hill all the time.not a problem

pheine78

Why the fuss?  He is committed, yet taking visits?  Really guys?  We have visits every week from committed players and don't automatically think they are going to commit to us just because of a visit (or maybe most of do think that?).  Anyway, let the young man enjoy his visits and keep on cruitin!!!!!
Nolan for defensive coordinator!