Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach: Capps is "special"

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 11, 2015, 11:24:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

He's going to be a good one.  Love the defense we're putting together.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OLDHOG

Another Dan Hampton perhaps? We are blessed to have him.

PaintballHog

Him, Froholt, Bell, and Smith will be an elite Dline in a few years.  :razorback:

flippinhogmana

Quote from: OLDHOG on March 11, 2015, 11:36:24 am
Another Dan Hampton perhaps? We are blessed to have him.

Hampton was an end in college and for the first year or two in the pros.  Switched to tackle as the knee operations grew in number (he had ten knee operations all told).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Adam Stokes

QuoteCapps has recorded a 390 pound bench press, 585 squat and 365 power clean in recent testing.

Eff, can Herb even do anything with him at this point?  Those numbers are good for most of our linemen.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 11, 2015, 12:41:05 pm
Eff, can Herb even do anything with him at this point?  Those numbers are good for most of our linemen.
He has accomplished all of his lifts using the Star City Gym, and Star City's coaches, and is still a young man.   With the UA's strength, conditioning and nutrition facilities and coaches, he should be able to increase all of his lifts (barring injury). 
Go Hogs!

bigdaddyhawg

Reading that article just about brought a tear to my eyes -- I'm so happy.  :-)

Quote from: Wildhog on March 11, 2015, 11:28:03 am
He's going to be a good one.  Love the defense we're putting together.

Team.  CBB is putting together a team.

Another very bright, very humble, very talented kid to the fold.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

trashcan maN

Quote from: Surfing8 on March 11, 2015, 12:03:17 pm
Mama, there goes that MAN... 
Mark Jackson?

"HANDS DOWN, MAN DOWN!"

Hawgzinbowlz

Strong as an ox. The D line is taking shape to deal with big, strong and fast SEC offensive lines.
Exceptional measurables for CBH to begin with.

" GO HOGS "

EndoeNova

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 11, 2015, 11:43:17 am
Him, Froholt, Bell, and Smith will be an elite Dline in a few years.  :razorback:

Let's not forget Jackson

Calling All Hogs

"He had a standing broad jump of nine feet the other day at 310 pounds,"

searkhogfan

Just saw him at Los Toritos in Star City.  The kid is a monster. 

cypress rock

He can hit a baseball too can't he Seark?

jgphillips3

My nephew is friends with him from baseball.  Capps is a high quality player but more than that he is a truly high quality individual that we will be proud to have in Razorback red.  He IS the kind of uncommon young man CBB is looking for.  So glad he chose us and yes, he still has room to get stronger which is freaking scary.

cc

Quote from: cypress rock on March 23, 2015, 04:04:57 pm

He is a really great baseball player.  Played really high level travel ball with a couple of other guys from Star City since they were real young on a Benton/Bryant area team.  He is a good basketball player as well.  Just a great all around athlete.  He is a better person than you can imagine.  He is and has always been a very humble young man.  His dad played tightend at A State for a year or two around 88-89.  He was a good athlete as well.

cypress rock

I have seen Star City do a suicide squeeze with him coming home from 3rd. It's pretty intimidating!

searkhogfan

Quote from: cypress rock on March 23, 2015, 04:04:57 pm

Yes he can.  Great hand & eye coordination. And good speed for a big man.

MountieDawg

He looks great, but the funny thing is the coach at Star City saying he has never coached anyone like him... Dude you coach at Star City, thats like getting a burger at 5 Guys after only eating at McDonalds and saying 5 Guys burgers are special.
SEC!

carolinahogger

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 11, 2015, 12:19:57 pm
Hampton was an end in college and for the first year or two in the pros.  Switched to tackle as the knee operations grew in number (he had ten knee operations all told).

Hampton was a DT through his entire Razorback career. 

In 1975, for example, our starting DE's were Ivan Jordan and Johnnie Meadors

searkhogfan

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 25, 2015, 05:24:47 pm
He looks great, but the funny thing is the coach at Star City saying he has never coached anyone like him... Dude you coach at Star City, thats like getting a burger at 5 Guys after only eating at McDonalds and saying 5 Guys burgers are special.

Cedric Thornton says Howdy!!! 

cc

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 25, 2015, 05:24:47 pm

I see seark beat me to it.  Watch the Cedric anchor the middle for the Eagles. 

HogPound

Quote from: searkhogfan on March 25, 2015, 06:13:06 pm
Cedric Thornton says Howdy!!!

Your current coach didn't coach Cedric. Calm down.

snoot hoggy hog

Star City has had some studs but either they didn't get much ink or didn't have the grades to go Div. 1. In Thornton's case, he wanted to go to Arkansas but didn't get recruited by Hootie Dale. So he took his talents down to Magnolia. He was going to transfer to Arkansas, but family and friends told him to stick it out at SAU. He did and won DPOY back to back, gave Jake Locker fits at the Senior Bowl and landed with the Eagles.

cc

Quote from: HogPound on March 25, 2015, 09:14:13 pm

Was an assistant.  Brown was head coach.

searkhogfan

Quote from: HogPound on March 25, 2015, 09:14:13 pm

He's not my coach. I'm not from SC.  Just responded to a stupid post.  This makes twice!!!

bulldog89

Quote from: searkhogfan on March 26, 2015, 12:19:00 am
He's not my coach. I'm not from SC.  Just responded to a stupid post.  This makes twice!!!
It is that attitude that nothing good comes out of south ark.  You must be relatives with one of the kids that Capps has run over in the past few years.

searkhogfan

Quote from: bulldog89 on March 26, 2015, 06:29:45 pm
It is that attitude that nothing good comes out of south ark.  You must be relatives with one of the kids that Capps has run over in the past few years.

Re-read my comment I was actually defending SC, Einstein.

bulldog89

Quote from: searkhogfan on March 26, 2015, 07:40:41 pm
Re-read my comment I was actually defending SC, Einstein.
Really, Einstein I will take that as a compliment wasn't referring to you.  Sent you a pm.

searkhogfan

Quote from: bulldog89 on March 27, 2015, 11:45:36 am
Really, Einstein I will take that as a compliment wasn't referring to you.  Sent you a pm.

No Biggie, I replied

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

searkhogfan

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Porkys Revenge

Saw where Capps and star city won state in baseball.  He plays first base.

cc

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on May 25, 2015, 05:24:20 pm
Saw where Capps and star city won state in baseball.  He plays first base.

Watch for them next year.  Only senior on team played 2nd base and was dh'ed for most of the time. 

HogInFlorida

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 11, 2015, 11:43:17 am

And Guidry. And (knock on wood) Agim. That would be the best DL on paper that maybe we've ever had.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 26, 2015, 03:37:05 am
And Guidry. And (knock on wood) Agim. That would be the best DL on paper that maybe we've ever had.

That's some SUPER BIG EXPECTATIONS! Lets get them on board and developed first!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HogInFlorida

Quote from: tusksincolorado on May 26, 2015, 07:46:34 am
That's some SUPER BIG EXPECTATIONS! Lets get them on board and developed first!

That's why I said "on paper" haha
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

hawgeathawg

Jett's last name is spelled "Furneaux".

nwahogfan1

What side of the ball will he play at Arkansas?   I thought some on here was saying he may be a better Offensive tackle than a DT.

Where does he want to play?

cc

He was recruited as an interior defensive lineman.  He has the talent to play offensive line as well but Beilema recruited him for defense.  He is very strong and a really good athlete especially for his size.  I watched him make plays while double and tripled team on every play last year.

Got his State Championship ring for baseball last night along with the rest of the Bulldogs.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: cc on August 15, 2015, 06:50:54 am
He was recruited as an interior defensive lineman.  He has the talent to play offensive line as well but Beilema recruited him for defense.  He is very strong and a really good athlete especially for his size.  I watched him make plays while double and tripled team on every play last year.

Got his State Championship ring for baseball last night along with the rest of the Bulldogs.
What position does he play in baseball? Crazy thinking about a kid with sec dt size playing baseball. I bet he kinda stood out on the diamond.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hoggish1

Quote from: golf2day on August 15, 2015, 07:54:52 am
What position does he play in baseball? Crazy thinking about a kid with sec dt size playing baseball. I bet he kinda stood out on the diamond.

Uh, he was a rough on the diamond.

TNRazorbacker

Speed is always a factor to some degree, but where LB's are concerned not as important at other attributes, most of which can't be measured so easily as with a stopwatch. The ability to read ball movement and quickly intuit plays are easily more valuable than a few tenths of a second on a 40 time. Once more if he's running a 4.8 now he could be capable of a 4.6 or better with proper training.

This was one of things that always stuck out to me in Dick Butkus stories. Everyone that played with him said they never played with anyone faster on the field. Sideline to sideline nobody outran him and he was almost always where the ball was. Yet they also joke about how slow he was in a timed sprint. Raw speed obviously had little to do with his being one of the best LB's ever.

jgphillips3

He will be D-line for sure and most likely interior.

cc

Quote from: golf2day on August 15, 2015, 07:54:52 am

1st base and pitched some.

BenDial

I got a chance to watch him play at the regional at Malvern. He's very fluid and he can smoke a baseball. He never got lift on one at the tournament, but he hit a one hopper to the left field that never got above the knee and it got there in a blink. Easy athlete. For his size, he moves really well.