Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Reading up on that app....sounds pretty great. I spend a log of time on my phone checking espn.com for scores. This seems to take that away and send alert letting me know the current line score and if I'm winning or losing. I just bought it so i may play a few baseball games to get the hang of it.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 31, 2013, 03:25:15 pm
Reading up on that app....sounds pretty great. I spend a log of time on my phone checking espn.com for scores. This seems to take that away and send alert letting me know the current line score and if I'm winning or losing. I just bought it so i may play a few baseball games to get the hang of it.

you'll love it - I had a blast using it with hockey

SPAL

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 31, 2013, 04:52:43 pm
I liked you till this....😴

haha man i just got into this year, it was a lot of fun to watch.  really got into it. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

SPAL

widespreadsooie

ATTENTION: Opinions and insight wanted on these plays. These are the ones that jumped out at me first. I want to cut it down to three or four plays.

Vandy +3 vs. OM
Fresno -9.5 vs. Rutgers
A&M -29 vs. Rice
Ok St. -14 vs. MS St. in Houston  (Love this)
Bama -21.5 vs. Va Tech in Atlanta
WKU +4 vs. KY
TCU +5.5 vs. LSU in Dallas

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 02, 2013, 10:52:46 am
ATTENTION: Opinions and insight wanted on these plays. These are the ones that jumped out at me first. I want to cut it down to three or four plays.

Vandy +3 vs. OM
Fresno -9.5 vs. Rutgers
A&M -29 vs. Rice
Ok St. -14 vs. MS St. in Houston  (Love this)
Bama -21.5 vs. Va Tech in Atlanta
WKU +4 vs. KY
TCU +5.5 vs. LSU in Dallas

-Vandy game will be a no-play for me, but if I were to be on a side I'd take Vandy
-I do like the Fresno -9.5
-Not touching the A&M game - rice lots of returning players, see a backdoor cover with A&M not trying to do too much with Bama coming up
-Love the OK St. at anything -14 or under but am hearing a lot of people like this, has me suspicious
-Like the WKU +4
-Not touching the LSU vs TCU game: could easily see a very close game where TCU covers but could also see LSU taking it by a TD

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 02, 2013, 10:52:46 am

Vandy +3 vs. OM..............OM big
Fresno -9.5 vs. Rutgers......no clue, would lean Rutgers
A&M -29 vs. Rice.....AM EASY
Ok St. -14 vs. MS St. in Houston  (Love this.....everybody leaning ok st. I'm leaning MSU
Bama -21.5 vs. Va Tech in Atlanta.....not playing this side, but would go bama if u held a gun to me
WKU +4 vs. KY...KY
TCU +5.5 vs. LSU in Dallas......LSU easy.

Keep in mind that I've not put in any time looking at these games so my opinion on them is strictly gut based. Which way are u leaning on them and why?

SPAL

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 02, 2013, 11:28:55 am
-Vandy game will be a no-play for me, but if I were to be on a side I'd take Vandy
-I do like the Fresno -9.5
-Not touching the A&M game - rice lots of returning players, see a backdoor cover with A&M not trying to do too much with Bama coming up
-Love the OK St. at anything -14 or under but am hearing a lot of people like this, has me suspicious
-Like the WKU +4
-Not touching the LSU vs TCU game: could easily see a very close game where TCU covers but could also see LSU taking it by a TD

Basically went opposite me on every pick..lol

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 02, 2013, 12:44:24 pm
Keep in mind that I've not put in any time looking at these games so my opinion on them is strictly gut based. Which way are u leaning on them and why?

Just about to leave the office. If I don't get back this weekend, I will Monday.

Huckleberry Pig

widespreadsooie

I put a lot of stock into home field and gut feeling.

Vandy +3- James Franklin proved last season that he can get his team ready for the big Thursday night home opened by barely missing a SC upset. Getting a field goal at home and its -115. I expect OM to be pretty good this season but will need a couple of games before they're groovin in Freeze's O.

Fresno -9.5- Honestly don't know much about Fresno other than some hype surrounding their offense. Long travel for Rutgers who lost some key parts from last seasons' team. One I will have to look in more.

Ok St -14- Gundy super offense in Texas vs a D who lost a premier corner. Miss St is coming off an inflated W-L loss last season which leads me to believe Vegas wants you to take the points. Miss St did not look good last season. Ok St should put up 40+.

Bama -21.5- Quite a bit of points. However I expect Bamas D and AJ McCarron to absolutely own this game. When Saban has time, that isn't good for the opposing team. Replacing their O line will be a huge factor. Heard on CFL the other day that VT could be starting some Freshman on D due to injuries. Anyways VT was anything but impressive last season, barely making a bowl.

A&M -29- Not much here other than I expect Sumlin and JF to put up a whole lot of points on opening week.

TCU +5.5- I have a lot of confidence in Gary Patterson to have his offense ready against a D who's replacing 8 starters. An LSU run game will run clock off and make the 5.5 more valuable. Should be low scoring. A feel Vegas wants you to lay the points.

WKU +4- First off, WKU almost won in Lexington last season without BP, now that they have him and are at home, that alone makes me like the points. Not to mention, they're playing KY. BP has coached against way better programs, teams, and coaches. They have enough talent to pull off the W. KY is surrounded by question marks on the lowest kind of level.

I'm not really sure if this is even valid gambling analysis. It just helps me pick the plays.

WILL CLINTON

Not going to lie, there is so much information in this thread, it may take me 2 months to get the spreadsheet done. I was just going to print it and firgured it would be easier, but then I noticed it was going to take 581 pages to print it out.

I'm just on the 3rd week on 2011.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 05, 2012, 05:27:39 pm
I know u guys don't play or track nba, but I'm adding...

Sacramento -1   1.5 units.......W

66-48

Trying to add my totals for last season.

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 11, 2012, 09:47:27 am
San fran -12.    6 units.......L
Detroit -3.        3 units..........L
Baltimore -7.    1.5 units.......W

76-54

SPAL

Went back and added wins and losses of hogville posted plays. It wouldn't let me modify so I could t add wins and losses without quoting.

On hogville posted plays, I finished 78-63. I didn't count any basketball in that total. 55% if my math is right.

Will be posting nfl preseason games and will treat them as preseason games. They won't count in my total.

SPAL

Will be on vacation for a while so I'm gonna post these now.

Tampa -3
NO/KC over 36
CHI/CAR over 37

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 06, 2013, 03:56:02 pm
Will be on vacation for a while so I'm gonna post these now.

Tampa -3
NO/KC over 36
CHI/CAR over 37

Are these week one or pre season? Haven't even thought about looking at NFL lines yet.

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 06, 2013, 04:00:53 pm
Are these week one or pre season? Haven't even thought about looking at NFL lines yet.

Yeah just getting back in the game. Not counting them in my record. Not even putting money on em....just using these games to work some kinks out. May lay some coin in week 2.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 06, 2013, 04:04:42 pm
Yeah just getting back in the game. Not counting them in my record. Not even putting money on em....just using these games to work some kinks out. May lay some coin in week 2.

I hear ya. I'm going to have to watch the NFL for 3 or 4 weeks before I can lay cash on it. I just don't study it enough in the off season like I do college.

widespreadsooie

I'll actually be tailing a lot of NFL from whoever is hot at the time in here probably.

Huckleberry Pig

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 07, 2013, 04:41:26 pm
Bama down to -18, very tempted to jump on it

I'm probably playing it, but I'm confused as to why the line dropped after the announcement that Exum will be out for the game. I thought it would jump if anything.

widespreadsooie

I mean really, I see a beat down. Somewhere along the lines of 42-6.

BJOhog

a little out of the box and maybe a throw away of money but this morning after studin lousville and talking to some ole gambling partners i laid 100 on dyer winning the hiesman i got hellova odds at least i think at 70 to 1 i am not a dyer fan but he has landed in a perfect situation

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: BJOhog on August 07, 2013, 05:04:39 pm
a little out of the box and maybe a throw away of money but this morning after studin lousville and talking to some ole gambling partners i laid 100 on dyer winning the hiesman i got hellova odds at least i think at 70 to 1 i am not a dyer fan but he has landed in a perfect situation

if that hit this would be the most epic post i've ever read

Hawgndaaz

browns -3.5

tailing lance taylor on twitter for my first bet of the pre season.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 08, 2013, 03:58:24 pm
browns -3.5

tailing lance taylor on twitter for my first bet of the pre season.

who is lance taylor?

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 08, 2013, 04:18:32 pm
who is lance taylor?

a guy on twitter that someone posted on here last year. he is a radio host that handicaps and will tweet his lock of the day. he was nails during football last year.

widespreadsooie

I'm really beginning to warm up to Toledo catching 23 at the swamp. I have no clue what they return on offense but they could put up points last season. Couple that with UF's offensive struggles and their not so impressive performances against ULL and MIZ at home last season, catching 23 seems extremely valuable. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 08, 2013, 06:36:05 pm
I'm really beginning to warm up to Toledo catching 23 at the swamp. I have no clue what they return on offense but they could put up points last season. Couple that with UF's offensive struggles and their not so impressive performances against ULL and MIZ at home last season, catching 23 seems extremely valuable.

agree with you but will do some research on Toledo and get back with ya on what I find

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 08, 2013, 06:39:43 pm
agree with you but will do some research on Toledo and get back with ya on what I find

I definitely need to do the same.

BJOhog

i like the futures bets i only hit about thirty percent of them each yer but about ten years ago i figured that smart surefire plus solid longshot futures bets always made me enough at the end of the year to cover some of my in season beting

i know most people think futures is a waste of money but ill take odds were i put up a lot of money to win a little like me putting up a huge bet for arkansas over at 4 and a half wins this year

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BJOhog on August 08, 2013, 06:42:35 pm
i like the futures bets i only hit about thirty percent of them each yer but about ten years ago i figured that smart surefire plus solid longshot futures bets always made me enough at the end of the year to cover some of my in season beting

i know most people think futures is a waste of money but ill take odds were i put up a lot of money to win a little like me putting up a huge bet for arkansas over at 4 and a half wins this year

Where and when did you find our O/U at 4.5?

SPAL

BJOhog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 08, 2013, 06:50:43 pm
Where and when did you find our O/U at 4.5?

i use a local boy in tulsa usually but on 2dimes you can move the odds on futures so i use the 2dimes my daughter turned me on to this internet stuff about three years back and to me it makes winning money a lot easier

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BJOhog on August 08, 2013, 06:57:15 pm
i use a local boy in tulsa usually but on 2dimes you can move the odds on futures so i use the 2dimes my daughter turned me on to this internet stuff about three years back and to me it makes winning money a lot easier

So, I'm guessing you caught it at somewhere around -200? Probably higher?

SPAL

SPAL

Huckleberry Pig

BJOhog

5dimes.eu sory

Arkansas 2013 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply
Sat 8/31       30051 Arkansas total wins over 6½       +200              
12:00PM        30052 Arkansas total wins under 6½        -280              
Sat 8/31       30053 Arkansas total wins over 6       +140              
12:00PM        30054 Arkansas total wins under 6        -180              
Sat 8/31       30055 Arkansas total wins over 5½       -125              
12:00PM        30056 Arkansas total wins under 5½        -105              
Sat 8/31       30057 Arkansas total wins over 5       -210              
12:00PM        30058 Arkansas total wins under 5        +160              
Sat 8/31       30059 Arkansas total wins over 4½       -300              
12:00PM        30060 Arkansas total wins under 4½        +220    

i do about ten large bets a season with the futures on things i think are sure bets ark over 4 and a half games will make me money but you have to lay down a lot to win a little

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BJOhog on August 08, 2013, 11:31:13 pm
5dimes.eu sory

Arkansas 2013 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply

i do about ten large bets a season with the futures on things i think are sure bets ark over 4 and a half games will make me money but you have to lay down a lot to win a little

That's interesting. I like the play, good luck.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: BJOhog on August 08, 2013, 06:42:35 pm

I enjoy futures betting.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: BJOhog on August 08, 2013, 11:31:13 pm
5dimes.eu sory

that one could pay off after the Rutgers game

SPAL

Good thing it's only preseason..2-3 on the week.

razorjack12

Huckleberry Pig

the more this line for the Razorbacks goes down, the more I'm tempted to take them.  Don't like playing the hogs but I think we are getting sold short here...

SPAL

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 12, 2013, 09:05:58 am
the more this line for the Razorbacks goes down, the more I'm tempted to take them.  Don't like playing the hogs but I think we are getting sold short here...

I'm still getting 11. I don't think it goes lower than that. The sharp money will move the line to 12 or 13 by game time.

widespreadsooie

Anyone heard of an O/U for our game? If it's under 60, I'll be inclined to take the over. What do y'all think?